Montreal Canadiens vs. Columbus Blue Jackets | November 4th, 2016 | 7:00 EST

Habsfan84

I hope they can cut down Weber's ice time in the 3rd.  In a game like this with another one tomorrow, there's no way he should be on pace for over 27 minutes.  I know some of that is the penalty kill but still, that's a waste of your top d-man to play him that much in a blowout.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Doubt it. They sucked against Vancouver too.

I think this is just a complacent team getting it's comeuppance. 

They coasted for a pretty good stretch of the Toronto game too.  Carey Price just erased their crap play long enough for them to find their game, so they got away with it.

13 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Game was out of reach early. Why tire out Price when he's got a game tomorrow?

Montoya is being sacrificed and the entire team better respond tomorrow with an actual hockey game.

I haven't seen a sacrifice like that since Roy's last game at the Forum. Must be humiliating for Montoya. I agree, Price isn't going to save the game at this stage, so what's the point.

34 minutes ago, mineral said:

I certainly picked a good game to miss. Holy Moses. I had to shake my head checking the score on tsn.ca. How in the eff has Therrien not pulled Montoya yet? 

Same, I planned on catching the second and third period but the box score has steered me away. 

Oh well, a loss is a loss, no matter what the score

24 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

If Therrien is pissed off enough, will he start the 3rd period with no goalie and 6 skaters?

you forgot... at the presser he will say something about 'puck luck' :s

Thank god there's a game tomorrow.  Turn the page!

Hopefully this is the wake-up call they needed.  If they shit the bed in the first tomorrow, I'm going to have some legitimate concerns.

I was hoping to see MaxCapt stuff a dirty sock in Torts mouth this game because of this past summer.... maybe next game

Well if Mt actually wanted to make a statement it would be Pleks, DD, Pacs sitting out. That's a lot of money floating around out there very night. But it will probably be Flynn.

Same on Defense, sitting Markov, playing Hanley, but it will probably be Pateryn

They will have to hope that Price is the eraser of bad hockey again, these guys are soft, slow and can't win any battles.

The offense has quickly went back to last years form

Well that was embarrassing..

Feel bad for Montaya, nothing was going right for the Habs tonight and it seemed like every shot that was put on net just went in. Unreal. 

My leaf fan buddies are having a field day today. 

Well I missed the first, stunned to find out it was 3-0 then saw the 4th goal and switched to watching a movie. Glad I did. It appears we may have a leadership issue. I am just judging from last year, we did not hosed 10-0. Oh yeah we have actually never in the franchises history been hosed 10-0. Maybe the coaches need to get these guys ready to play in 1st period instead of the 3rd. Hey look these games happen shocking yes, avoidable yes, but we will turn the page and go back to being that hungry bunch of batards that started the season.:1gohabs:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

Care to revise that statement?  :) Their PP looks quite sharp while Montreal's in-zone play on the PK is atrocious. 

Does Price advocate to come in for the third just to get Montoya out of there?  Normally I wouldn't advocate for it but it may not be the worst idea in the world.

Sure go ahead pick on me when I down and crying on the floor.:Dthe truth is I only saw the fourth goal and I knew the jig was up. Watched a movie after that.

1 hour ago, Meller93 said:

Tonight was Habs PDO regressing to the mean all at once. About to go on another 10 games point streak now before doing their PDO regress again.

... I'd be okay with that all season ...