Senators @ Canadiens, Nov 22

illWill

PISSED that MT had slumping guys on the ice...they have been useless, don't put them on at crunch time.  Pacioretty trying to shoot through a skate and blowing one possession...Gallagher botching the pass back to the point....these guys belong on the bench in clutch situations right now.  I'd rather see Byron than Gallagher out there based on performance.

Game over!  Let's dance!  One more time to set the stage for our next round.  What a game. I'm going to bed.

9 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

Anyone else spitting out curses like they have Tourette's during this period? 

That was *totally* me !!!

Bad luck game overall, but boy did we look lackadaisical on those goals.  Once again we have two faceoffs in the O-zone with under 3 minutes on the clock and we don't get a sixth attacker on - we have to wait till the final minute to have possession 6 on 5, and never really wind up threatening Andersen.  Someone in the organization can get through to Therrien on this, no?

Gotta love it sometimes. How we worked our asses off for every single goal but the Sens? Just throw it on net and get lucky. Pretty funny actually.

That third goal could of been prevented that was just some terrible coverage. Oh well what can you do.

I thought for about half a second that MT would let pacioretty take Biron's spot on the first line after his penalty in the third.     

When he came out of the box with about 3 mins left they were accidentally all out together and had a good scoring chance setup by Patches.  But very next shift BIron back out there.    

So disappointing, I mean is there a better time to put your best three forwards out altogether, 2 mins left and down a goal.      SMH    :tumbleweed: 

There is justice tonight impact win over tfc 3-2. I feel a bit better now but the habs have a load of soul searching to do tonight. MB time for you to do your gm stuff and make it a d-man. ASAP.

50 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

PISSED that MT had slumping guys on the ice...they have been useless, don't put them on at crunch time.  Pacioretty trying to shoot through a skate and blowing one possession...Gallagher botching the pass back to the point....these guys belong on the bench in clutch situations right now.  I'd rather see Byron than Gallagher out there based on performance.

In the final couple of minutes, you need to roll more than one line.  As much as Pacioretty is struggling, he's still a better late game option than guys like Terry, Desharnais, Carr, and Danault (not to mention Mitchell who was hurt late).

43 minutes ago, Chips said:

There is justice tonight impact win over tfc 3-2. I feel a bit better now but the habs have a load of soul searching to do tonight. MB time for you to do your gm stuff and make it a d-man. ASAP.

Boofff...  I don't feel much better as we took 2 goals at home... now a 1-0 loss won't be enough.  Impact need a tie or a win to reach the Final.

There were some bad bounces that went against montreal tonight, but there were also some big defensive gaffs. Way too many giveaways. Anderson was solid as usual against montreal. He loves playing against the habs I'm sure. Chucky needs to simplify just a bit. He scares me a bit with his stick handling sometimes. Taz is amazing. Absolute beast. Protects the puck like jagr. Sees the ice like crosby and grinds like gallagher. I got a huge man crush on that man! Little exaggerated I know, but holy crap he is good at hockey. This team needs a left defenseman  something fierce. 

I didn't see the game...but for how long are Gally and Patches going to struggle ? This is getting ridiculous. With the emergence of Radu and Galy  they're more insulated from checkers than ever before. So what gives?

(Pleks, I have less hope for. He's lost a step, as I've been warning since last year, although I'd expect him still to get hot spells now and then as part of his transition into a pure checker).

Galchenyuk 5th in scoring and Markov/Weber tied for 1st in d scoring. Habs PP is 5th, but PK is now 15th.

At least Pacioretty must of had some signs of life with 5 shots and they outshot them 39-23.

I assume Price had a poor game?  

If Radulov played left wing with his left shot, Montreal could keep him with Chuck and put Gally back there. That line would destroy the league. 

At this point, with Plek, Patch, and Gally's struggles they should be split up across the lineup. Also: send in the young blood.

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Radulov

Danault - McCarron - Gallagher

Byron - Plekanec - Shaw

Hudon - Mitchell - Terry

I know Big Mac hasn't looked great in the AHL but this team could use some experimentation for the 2C.

(Also don't see Patches or Plek or both making it to 2017 as a Hab. Montreal loves December trades.)

31 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I didn't see the game...but for how long are Gally and Patches going to struggle ? This is getting ridiculous. With the emergence of Radu and Galy  they're more insulated from checkers than ever before. So what gives?

Both had some good scoring chances in this game but both looked kind of hesitant. It becomes a vicious circle, hesitant because of a slump, and in a slump because of being hesitant. Gally especially needs one to get the confidence back and you can tell he wants it bad

Guest Stogey24
34 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

If Radulov played left wing with his left shot, Montreal could keep him with Chuck and put Gally back there. That line would destroy the league. 

At this point, with Plek, Patch, and Gally's struggles they should be split up across the lineup. Also: send in the young blood.

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Radulov

Danault - McCarron - Gallagher

Byron - Plekanec - Shaw

Hudon - Mitchell - Terry

I know Big Mac hasn't looked great in the AHL but this team could use some experimentation for the 2C.

(Also don't see Patches or Plek or both making it to 2017 as a Hab. Montreal loves December trades.)

Plekanec is getting traded at some point. 

Friedman just had something out there Bergevin is in the hunt for 1 or 2 power forwards(who isn't, I know). Someone is on the move shortly here though 

I don't believe Pleks will get traded. He eats tough minutes against the best opposition C. He's also a grizzled veteran, the type of guy contending teams tend to want to add at the deadline.

I don't believe Patches will get traded either. His contract is insanely cap-friendly and if we trade him away, we need to get another elite FW back to replace him. Where's the sense in that?

Then again, I couldn't see PK Subban getting traded either, so anything's possible, I suppose. But both Pleks and Patches are Good Boys who play by the rules - they don't do horrible things like set up $10 million charities without getting the organization's permission, or do big celebrations when they score, or low-five the goalie after wins - so my guess is they stick around.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, mineral said:

Not to jack this thread on trade talks, but damn i hope MB isn't sniffing around Buffalo for what Kane is worth to them.

Bergevin likes character players.  It's safe to say he'll stay far away from Kane.

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I don't believe Pleks will get traded. He eats tough minutes against the best opposition C. He's also a grizzled veteran, the type of guy contending teams tend to want to add at the deadline.

I don't believe Patches will get traded either. His contract is insanely cap-friendly and if we trade him away, we need to get another elite FW back to replace him. Where's the sense in that?

Then again, I couldn't see PK Subban getting traded either, so anything's possible, I suppose. But both Pleks and Patches are Good Boys who play by the rules- so my guess is they stick around.

Fixed that for you and I agree neither will be traded anytime soon.