Montreal Canadiens vs. Anaheim Ducks | November 29th, 2016 | 10:00 EST

Habsfan84

3 hours ago, habs rule said:

This is likely Markov's last year, he is too slow and is not the "general" he once was. 

Ahhh this brings me back to the good old days of like 2012 when we'd debate about this very topic. You wanted to trade him and I said he had lots of gas left in the tank. Oh we fought and fought....good times :)

No, he isn't the general he once was but he is still a very effective player. Even before all the surgeries he relied on his positioning, vision and passing. I think we take him for granted and are going to miss him more than we know

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

Reports of the demise of Andrei Markov have been greatly exaggerated 

That is a catchy phase, should coin that.:B) But, his speed does seem to be that of an elder player for sure, thankfully he is a very smart player.

Poached Boone bit:

Time for some Ron Reusch notes: In the last six games at Anaheim the Ducks are 4-0-2 vs. the Canadiens. Three of the games were decided in a shootout – two won by Anaheim. Overall the Ducks have won eight of the last 12 meetings with the Canadiens.

Trend should be changing today.:gohabsgo:

One more fugly stat from boone

The Canadiens have been gone 0-for-California games each of the last two years. The only win over the last three seasons was in a shootout at Anaheim on March 5, 2014

Ok I expected to be jumped on, but as much as I have loved Markov over the years, he is done, or very near it. We must always be looking to improve, not wait till the guy is on the curb looking in. He is old, numerous knee ops, serious knee ops, cut Achilles heel. Nope love him but retirement would be my suggestion.

4 minutes ago, habs rule said:

Ok I expected to be jumped on, but as much as I have loved Markov over the years, he is done, or very near it. We must always be looking to improve, not wait till the guy is on the curb looking in. He is old, numerous knee ops, serious knee ops, cut Achilles heel. Nope love him but retirement would be my suggestion.

I think he could be fine in a lesser role, as long as dosent want big $ next year (which his offense may get him). If he does, it would be too bad as I hoped he will one to retire a career Hab.

1 minute ago, sbhatt said:

Damn...outplayed them for so much of the period, but couldn't cash in a chance.  They get a PP, and of course, they score.

Markov took out Price's stick and the PK was running around the entire sequence.

Great first period for the Habs. They thoroughly outplayed the Ducks. Unfortunately the score doesn't indicate it. If they can continue to play like this all game they should get rewarded.

The Shaw scrap was kind of questionable as to why he did it. We had all the momentum up to that point. Guess just take any opportunity to get Perry off the ice. 

Bad choice by shaw to fight there. Having said that, if I had a chance to beat the shit of Perry, I would take it.

Brutal period here. This is looking like the typical western road trip. I will say zero points in california.

15 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I don't know that its a bad choice to take Corey Perry off the ice for 5 minutes for Andrew Shaw. 

That's a good point, but I would say that that was the exact second that Anaheim seized momentum. I know you don't subscribe to narratives, but it sure looked like that fight was a turning point.

That powerplay was embarrassing.  If they have an off-day tomorrow, MT should cancel it and get some ice to hold a practice...and work the hell out of the powerplay.  It has gone to shit again and this team isn't good enough at scoring 5 on 5 to win many games without it clicking.

Poor Price, he pretty much needs to pitch a shut out every night, or score a goal or 2. 

The offense is pathetic, a lot of players making big money and not producing anything. 

After the 9-0-1 start, they are pretty much a 500 team, looking like last years bunch minus Price stealing games for them.