Habs Callups: McCarron and Barberio

Commandant

Cause we only had 6 healthy D with Pateryn out, so a callup was needed.

And we only had 12 healthy FWDs last game too, so a callup was needed.

If Danault missed that game with the flu, we had no one to replace him with, not even going 7D .

Okay, with McCarron being called up does that mean he will play?  I'd rather see McCarron and Hudon in the lineup rather than Carr and Andrighetto.

And what the hell happened to JDLR?

Guest Stogey24
11 hours ago, Commandant said:

Cause we only had 6 healthy D with Pateryn out, so a callup was needed.

And we only had 12 healthy FWDs last game too, so a callup was needed.

If Danault missed that game with the flu, we had no one to replace him with, not even going 7D .

Makes sense. I was worried someone else got hurt

On a merit standpoint, McCarron wasn't the right choice.  Yes, he scored yesterday but he was quiet.  Hudon was their best forward by far (and I thought de la Rose had another decent game as well).  From a role standpoint though - McCarron's likely to be a fourth liner - it's a better fit although I'm not a big fan of calling up a top prospect to play eight minutes when he can play 20 in the minors.

Guest Stogey24

Didn't really think McCarron would get the call either honestly. Not that I've been watching him play though. 

Bergevin seems to really like the guy. As I said before, Bergevin called him a future corner stone piece. 

I think it's only a matter of time before Hudon is a main stay in Montreal though. Just needs to a good look. 

Guest Stogey24
1 minute ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

There's no merit system when it comes to playing with Sylvain. He doesn't develop the players so there's no point in basing call ups on who has been the best in the AHL. 

Goon squad 

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

On a merit standpoint, McCarron wasn't the right choice.  Yes, he scored yesterday but he was quiet.  Hudon was their best forward by far (and I thought de la Rose had another decent game as well).  From a role standpoint though - McCarron's likely to be a fourth liner - it's a better fit although I'm not a big fan of calling up a top prospect to play eight minutes when he can play 20 in the minors.

Desperate times.

If its to be 4th line centre for a couple months im ok im with it.

1 hour ago, Stogey24 said:

Didn't really think McCarron would get the call either honestly. Not that I've been watching him play though. 

Bergevin seems to really like the guy. As I said before, Bergevin called him a future corner stone piece. 

I think it's only a matter of time before Hudon is a main stay in Montreal though. Just needs to a good look. 

Bergevin rolled the dice when he drafted McCarron, so maybe that is a bit of it. And agree on Hudon also, he has put in his time in down in the minors and has done well. There must be something in particular that they have asked him to do or work on and they think he still is not there yet? Pateryn they said needed to improve his speed/quickness and he did (just now it seems it is mental bit holding him back and needs to play smarter)

I'm starting to think that Hudon doesn't want to play for MTL and is requesting to stay in the AHL... it makes no sense that he doesn't get called up to play on the 2nd or 3rd line to replace either Carr or Andrighetto - he's played better than those two in his limited time with the clubs and I'm sure Therrien/Muller have noticed this.  Yet, he's back in the minors.

This is a weird one.  

I'm of the thinking that a C is what we need not another small winger! Unless we are demoting andrighetto and calling up Hudon I don't see the purpose of this move until as commandant mentioned he gets his condition up post injury.

As for McCarron, merit based on points? For sure no... but merit based on being the teams

-DeFacto #1C

-doing all the heavy lifting at key moments in games

-taking all the key face offs

-playing special teams

-matched against the #1 lines

- team enforcer on top of it all..

2 hours ago, Commandant said:

I think Hudon has been out a few weeks and needs time on his conditioning.  I expect him to play a few AHL games and be recalled again. 

This.  There's no need to think anything else is going on behind the scenes IMO.

1 hour ago, Chris said:

If Hudon gets the call, Andreghetto goes down. They are the same type of Player. McCarron is better suited to play 4th line Center With Carr and Flynn. 

Exactly where McCarron should play, 4th line... I like Hudon a lot more than Ghetto, but I like Ghetto better than Carr..., in some ways, I think it's just Carr is a bad skater more than anything else, but for 4th line minutes I like Carr over Ghetto.

Guest Stogey24
5 hours ago, DON said:

Bergevin rolled the dice when he drafted McCarron, so maybe that is a bit of it. And agree on Hudon also, he has put in his time in down in the minors and has done well. There must be something in particular that they have asked him to do or work on and they think he still is not there yet? Pateryn they said needed to improve his speed/quickness and he did (just now it seems it is mental bit holding him back and needs to play smarter)

Apparently Hudon likes the booze in St.John's. I think that was something that held him back a bit last year. We know how Bergevin  feels about that type(Kassian,Thomas,DSP).

This time it's definitely just the injury though.