San Jose Sharks vs. Montreal Canadiens | December 16th, 2016 | 7:30 EST

Habsfan84

I did not realize we were 14-1-2 at home to be honest. 

I'd say McCarron will play more than 8 minutes but I'm not sure it will be as high as 15 on the 4th line. 12 mins would be my guess, give or take 1. 

:gohabsgo:

Im surprised they will play him on the right instead of C. Or is this MT "easing" him into the "process"

he's played C pretty much since moving from London to Oshawa. 

also, note some exciting changes to the practices...

petry to the right of weber on the first unit 

with radulov on the right wall and shaw on the left wall

patches in front of the net

and beau to the right of markov on the 2nd wave

Guest Stogey24

McCarron looked so lost the last time he played RW with the Habs(you would think going back to RW would be easier on him). Hopefully that's not the case this time. 

2 hours ago, Stogey24 said:

McCarron looked so lost the last time he played RW with the Habs(you would think going back to RW would be easier on him). Hopefully that's not the case this time. 

He will do fine. Wonder if he has been practicing any on the PP unit, he does make a super screen in front of goalie.

5 hours ago, Stogey24 said:

Who didn't look lost last year on the ice? He was called up to play in a huge mess, a team without any structure left at that point. I thought he looked decent at first, but then he was being shuffled between the wing and center positions, starting paying different roles with different teammates from one game to another. If you want to make sure a rookie looks bad, that is the perfect recipe. 

We'll see how he does starting tonight, and progressively we'll see what role he can fill this year (if he can fill any role). I could see him finding a role as a solid bottom 6 forward, and possibly later see some time on the powerplay to do what Gallagher/Shaw do (with the added strength and size). And since neither Gallagher or Shaw produce much on the PP despite quality ice-time (they've never been good on the PP in the past either) who knows McCarron could prove to be a good solution, and bring something we lack on our PP.   

Yes, I too believe that a guy who can't score much in the AHL is suddenly going to take a role in the NHL and put up points and be effective on the powerplay. 

The idea of what people think McCarron is, and the reality of what he actually is, are not lining up here. 

I'd really like to see our boys destroy these California teams. They always beat up on us when we're in Cali, I'd like to see them get a taste of their own medicine when they come to the Bell Centre!

2 hours ago, Commandant said:

Yes, I too believe that a guy who can't score much in the AHL is suddenly going to take a role in the NHL and put up points and be effective on the powerplay. 

The idea of what people think McCarron is, and the reality of what he actually is, are not lining up here. 

I simply think he is the biggest screen they got and has played that role in the AHL. And last game 0 for 5 was simply a killer in loss to Bruins. But, will wait and see if Muller having Lehkonen playing centre does anything positive first.

With Shaw out Carr takes his spot on the second line with Danault and Lehkonen. Andrighetto takes Carr's spot on the fourth line.

Go Habs Go. Should be a good game with two of the leagues top teams.

3 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

This parade to the penalty box is horsesh!t

Ya they are digging themselves a big hole just 10 minutes in and down by 2. All the penalties were in the offensive zone. Not where they should be taking them.