San Jose Sharks vs. Montreal Canadiens | December 16th, 2016 | 7:30 EST

Habsfan84

10 hours ago, Commandant said:

Good on McCarron for perfecting his pass back to the point there. 

We get that you don't like the pick. You have been bashing him ever since he was drafted. It gets old. There should be plenty of negative fodder on this team without suggesting continuously that he is the cause of all our troubles. Let the kid play, and we will see where we are in a year or so.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Commandant said:

Ladies and Gentlemen, there is Michael McCarron on the powerplay..... needs to make a wide open three foot pass to set up Weber at the point.... instead misses weber by 5 feet and the puck is back in the habs zone. 

Really,,,give the kid a break! He also nearly ran a Shark through the backboards on his 1st shift. 

13 hours ago, Stogey24 said:

Damn, Price staring down Therrien was deadly 

Was the team he was pissed with, I assume. What coach wouldn't of pulled him, with team playing like they were in front of him.

13 hours ago, BCHabnut said:

You can rip any player in the ahl. The entire farm team sucks. Hoping McCarron succeeds is one thing, but expecting him to get pp time makes no sense. He is not an nhl top 6 prospect. 

As a screen, I see it makes sense to use him on the PP, why not...is the PP on fire as it is?

13 hours ago, Trizzak said:

What the hell was that from Weber? That went beyond taking a penalty.

He could of been called on a couple more, but looked like a very selfish penalty for sure.

I couldn't watch this one, but it sounds like a debacle (yet another arse-kicking by a 'heavy' western team; until we show we can consistently beat such teams, how are we supposed to be contenders?). The Habs are icing a roster without a single legitimate top-6 C. It's not surprising to hear that Max Pac and Radulov struggled, for instance. So I suspect there will be a fairly steady diet of such nights over the next while.

I wish someone could explain what Gallagher's problem is. Historically Mr Consistent, he has basically stunk since game one.

4 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I couldn't watch this one, but it sounds like a debacle (yet another arse-kicking by a 'heavy' western team; until we show we can consistently beat such teams, how are we supposed to be contenders?). The Habs are icing a roster without a single legitimate top-6 C. It's not surprising to hear that Max Pac and Radulov struggled, for instance. So I suspect there will be a fairly steady diet of such nights over the next while.

I wish someone could explain what Gallagher's problem is. Historically Mr Consistent, he has basically stunk since game one.

Gallagher's game seems to of softened and he isn't going hard to net as he did before. Cant recall last time he ended up on top of any goalie "accidently on purpose". He said he has spoken with refs about what is/isn't a penalty, which may be part of issue also?

Gallagher is Gallagher... I think mostly people's expectations of him are way too high. He's on pace for a good Brendan Gallagher season, around the 45-point mark, which is even better this season considering he hasn't been on the top line for most of the season (although he raked up the points early on with Pacioretty and Galchenyuk). His production depends heavily on how well his teammates are playing, he's been stuck with Plekanec for a while, and recently mostly skating with Mitchell and Byron (they did pretty well I thought). 

5 hours ago, BlueKross said:

We get that you don't like the pick. You have been bashing him ever since he was drafted. It gets old. There should be plenty of negative fodder on this team without suggesting continuously that he is the cause of all our troubles. Let the kid play, and we will see where we are in a year or so.

Where did I say he was the cause of all our troubles?  

You assume I say things, that i didn't say... and then you argue against them?  Wow.

All i said against him was that he isn't scoring in the AHL, expecting him to come in and be a top 6 player in the NHL is kinda silly.   Suddenly thats blaming all of the team's problems on him.  Wow.... 

16 hours ago, BCHabnut said:

You can rip any player in the ahl. The entire farm team sucks. Hoping McCarron succeeds is one thing, but expecting him to get pp time makes no sense. He is not an nhl top 6 prospect. 

Quit blaming all the team's problems on McCarron. 

8 hours ago, Commandant said:

Where did I say he was the cause of all our troubles?  

You assume I say things, that i didn't say... and then you argue against them?  Wow.

All i said against him was that he isn't scoring in the AHL, expecting him to come in and be a top 6 player in the NHL is kinda silly.   Suddenly thats blaming all of the team's problems on him.  Wow.... 

That might be an exaggeration;. but you have been bashing this kid since he was drafted, don't say you haven't.

5 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

He's a late first rounder. 

Doesn't change my point.

what would you rather have

One Max Pacioretty and two busts..

vs

McCarron, Chipchura, and Danault

I'd rather go long shot and swing for the fences every time than try to draft third and fourth liners.  If i get some busts,, oh well.... 

The choice is rumoured to be between Mike McCarron and Jacob de la Rose. Habs went with McCarron and then took DLR in the second round.

Montreal also offered Pacioretty and the 25th pick for Wayne Simmonds and the 11th pick which went to Sam Morin. Not sure if the deal went through if the Habs would have taken Morin (Domi is right there!) but if so he is looking like a big bust.

Guest Stogey24
10 hours ago, Commandant said:

There were plenty of swing for the fences picks available. 

Defenceman Shea Theodore

Forward Marko Dano

Defenceman chris Bigras

Forward Adam Erne

Forward J.T. Compher

Pavel buchnevich, Anthony Duclair

etc.... 

Well Bergevin called him a cornerstone piece and the two games he's been up this season, he's played great...

Half those guys you named went late in the second and have done nothing in their careers.  Shea Theodore probably wasn't even on Bergevin's radar either. 

Teams draft for needs. McCarron when inserted into this line up, brings something no one else can. 

Like it's a late first round pick. Take a breath bud.