Jan. 12, Habs vs Wild, 8 PM

dlbalr

I thought the 3rd and 4th goals in particular were stoppable.  Schroeder's was a nice tip but Price wasn't in the best spot to stop it either.  The fourth goal looked pretty but he basically lifted his arm to give Niederreiter the shot.  When he's on his game, at least one of those gets stopped.

I'd put Montoya in for the 3rd but given how Price reacted to being pulled last time, will Therrien dare try it?

• Upvote 1

Just now, Trizzak said:

I fear Therrien's takeaway from this game will be to play Johnson and Farnham on Saturday.

Tonight is depressing enough...please don't take the probability of a much better game Saturday away from me.

Beaulieu with a front row seat on that 4th goal and Price being weak short side, man.

Our D I think are feeling the affects of carrying too much of a load because of our atrocious bottom pairing. Not giving a whole lot of support for Price that's for sure.

In the end we need to take it into context this game had odds against us from the beginning and against such a heavy hot shut down team like the Wild it comes to the forefront.

6 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

I thought the 3rd and 4th goals in particular were stoppable.  Schroeder's was a nice tip but Price wasn't in the best spot to stop it either.  The fourth goal looked pretty but he basically lifted his arm to give Niederreiter the shot.  When he's on his game, at least one of those gets stopped.

I'd put Montoya in for the 3rd but given how Price reacted to being pulled last time, will Therrien dare try it?

I think it has to be Carey's decision. Talk to him see what he says. Try very hard not to screw with his head. He will be ok.

Supposedly Shaw and Galchenyuk may be back Saturday. 

I would pull Price, he needs a wake up call, The D zone is bad no doubt, but you are the teams best player. 

No offense + No defense and average goal tending is not a winning formula

Just now, habs rule said:

I think it has to be Carey's decision. Talk to him see what he says. Try very hard not to screw with his head. He will be ok.

The potential problem with that is that most goalies don't want to come out of a game no matter what.  If they give him the choice, he'll stay in.

1 minute ago, Chris said:

I would pull Price, he needs a wake up call, The D zone is bad no doubt, but you are the teams best player.

I wouldn't pull him for the wake up call (I think he knows he needs to be better) but rather rest.  He's looked tired for a bit.  This game is pretty much over so give him a bit of a breather.

Just now, dlbalr said:

The potential problem with that is that most goalies don't want to come out of a game no matter what.  If they give him the choice, he'll stay in.

They are not going to win this game barring a miracle. It  his net. No goalie wants to be pulled but it is easier to let him come out between periods.

12 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

OK now he should be pulled.

15 hours ago, DON said:

Plekanec is on fire...relatively speaking.

That game wasn't quite as much fun as the Jets one. :mellow:

21 minutes ago, JMMR said:

Great game for Plex.

Keeping the streak alive.

Saturday will be a great game.

He passed a couple of Guys on the all-time record books last night; Carbonneau for 19th in goals and Lapointe for 17th in points.