New York Rangers vs. Montreal Canadiens | January 14th, 2017 | 7:00 EST

Habsfan84

7 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

Yes. As long as the goalie is not in the crease, you can incidentally contact him into the corner of the rink. 

Thanks BC.:D

12 hours ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

He left his feet from what I saw plus it was a blindside hit. He didn't hit the head but I'm sure Shaw wanted to.

Wanting to is the reason for a penalty?

As for leaving his feet, I don't think he did.  Its besides the point though, the refs didn't call charging, they called interference.  Which means they don't think he did leave his feet. 

Edit: Both feet are on the ice here at the time of contact. 

C2LZtjjVQAAfR7F.jpg:large

9 hours ago, zumpano21 said:

One for the trivia hounds:

A few years back, our record with Markov in and out of the lineup was a steep contrast.

Does that still hold?

The goals against numbers are dramatically different.  Basically 1.5 more against per game.

Haven't really looked at the record. 

2 hours ago, Commandant said:

The goals against numbers are dramatically different.  Basically 1.5 more against per game.

Haven't really looked at the record. 

The injury to Markov was a franchise-changing event. It led, more or less directly, to Cammalleri wanting out, the collapse of 2013 and the fire-bombing of the Gauthier regime. At least we've moved along since then...

Still, it's unsettling to think that a 38-year-old Markov is the absence that explains that goal differential. I prefer to think that the explanation is more a combination of that plus Price slumping (probably due to injury) and a bottom-pairing that is consistently below NHL calibre...

23 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

The injury to Markov was a franchise-changing event. It led, more or less directly, to Cammalleri wanting out, the collapse of 2013 and the fire-bombing of the Gauthier regime. At least we've moved along since then...

Still, it's unsettling to think that a 38-year-old Markov is the absence that explains that goal differential. I prefer to think that the explanation is more a combination of that plus Price slumping (probably due to injury) and a bottom-pairing that is consistently below NHL calibre...

Don't hate Redman-Barberio pairing as much as Johnston with anyone and thought 3rd pairing was OK yesterday, but obviously Markov is head and shoulders above all three of them.

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I don't think its all Markov... there are injuries up front leading to less experienced forwards, there is an effect on the defence having some below NHL calibre players playing back there, there is a slumping Weber who has had some issues defensively, as has Beaulieu-Petry lately, and most clearly and importantly a slumping price.  Markov being out is a factor though.  Its hard to say how much of one though. 

I must admit I'm starting to worry a little about Carey. His Save% has gone from .931 to .921 in one week! I'm glad to see the Habs win last night's game, but I'm a little sad to see Carey's stats plummet the way they've been for the past month. I would like to think that Carey is the best goalie in the league, and for that to be true, he should have the best stats of any goalie(or close to the best stats), but he's 11th in G.A.A. and 14th in Save%. Let's hope that when Markov returns it'll help our defensive zone coverage!

LIke I said earlier, I'm really impressed by last night's win. The Habs came back three times to win this one, on top of the fact that the Refs were horrible! Good job boys!