Feb. 4, Caps vs Habs, 1 PM

dlbalr

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

48 minutes ago, DON said:

Ahhh, once they trade for Hanzal, Chucky will find it easier on the wing.:tumbleweed:

Chucky had like 4 silver platter chances and missed on every single one. He had a tough game for sure but at least he was trying.

Refs were pretty bad this game uneven calls for sure. 

Turned out to be an entertaining game. Against power house teams, your role player need to chip in some points. Rad and Pacioretty are two players. One of the other 10 forwards should try scoring. Borokovski goal on Price was a weak one. He lets in too many easy ones these days.

5 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Did anybody catch what happened to Danault?  He didn't play at all in the second half of the period (that's why Galchenyuk moved up).  It wasn't a benching either - he wasn't on the bench.

It was a high stick, he went to the locker room to get stitches. Just another one of the many non calls from the refs in the third.

4 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

I thought shaw looked great today. Don't mind the penalty. It was a weak call.

Super weak call. He was all over Oshie stripped him of the puck and then got called. I get refs like to call holding but that was really weak.

They also missed the blatant tripping call on him about 2 minutes later

14 minutes ago, Scott462 said:

It was a high stick, he went to the locker room to get stitches. Just another one of the many non calls from the refs in the third.

Thanks.  Therrien listed him as questionable for tomorrow.

My 3 Stars from today's game: http://www.habsworld.net/2017/02/hw-3-stars-habs-come-up-short-against-washington/

1 hour ago, Scott462 said:

Super weak call. He was all over Oshie stripped him of the puck and then got called. I get refs like to call holding but that was really weak.

They also missed the blatant tripping call on him about 2 minutes later

People only complain about reffing when lose, it was not the difference in the game...how about 0 shots on back to back PPs for the Habs. That was more the issue than poor calls.

That was a deserved call on Shaw, he was all over him and grabbed him or appeared to anyways. 

52 minutes ago, DON said:

People only complain about reffing when lose, it was not the difference in the game...how about 0 shots on back to back PPs for the Habs. That was more the issue than poor calls.

That was a deserved call on Shaw, he was all over him and grabbed him or appeared to anyways. 

Thats not completely true there are plenty of games we have won that I have questioned the refs and it's true sometimes the pendulum swings both ways but in the case of Montreal they brought up a statistic during the game that the Habs are dead last in a PP to PK ratio. Which leads me to believe however small it may be that the refs do have a certain bias when it comes to Montreal Canadiens players.

I wonder if the ratio is more a symptom of the dump and chase game. They are often chasing pucks and chasing people with the puck. It's hard to draw a penalty when you never have possession of the puck in dangerous areas. MT likes to dump chase and work the puck below the goal line until an opportunity arises. There's no point hooking someone who has the puck behind the goal line. 

Habs have posession of the puck mostly on their side of the red line. Then they dump it, then they work it below the goal line. All low danger areas. When they are creating turnovers in the neutral zone, they are able to draw penalties,  but for whatever reason, I haven't seen much of that lately.

16 hours ago, Scott462 said:

Thats not completely true there are plenty of games we have won that I have questioned the refs and it's true sometimes the pendulum swings both ways but in the case of Montreal they brought up a statistic during the game that the Habs are dead last in a PP to PK ratio. Which leads me to believe however small it may be that the refs do have a certain bias when it comes to Montreal Canadiens players.

Bias? They brought up the stat to show how poorly the Habs are drawing penalties vs lack of discipline. Not how biased refs are vs Habs..which is foolish.

1 minute ago, DON said:

Bias? They brought up the stat to show how poorly the Habs are drawing penalties vs lack of discipline. Not how biased refs are vs Habs..which is foolish.

Ok you can look at it however you want but I saw clear as day calls that were missed for whatever reason. If I am foolish for noticing such things than I'm ok with that. ?

23 minutes ago, Scott462 said:

Ok you can look at it however you want but I saw clear as day calls that were missed for whatever reason. If I am foolish for noticing such things than I'm ok with that. ?

OK not 'foolish'.

25 minutes ago, DON said:

Bias? They brought up the stat to show how poorly the Habs are drawing penalties vs lack of discipline. Not how biased refs are vs Habs..which I think is foolish incorrect take on that stat.