24 games to go!

zumpano21

No irony just a week of rest snd not thinking about hockey. I believe Price when he said that he got away and came back refreshed 

11 hours ago, Commandant said:

I dont believe price intentionally played badly... no

I believe he played like he didn't care. Once Le Genius was banished to the hinterlands, Carey came back to life.

3 hours ago, habs rule said:

I believe he played like he didn't care. Once Le Genius was banished to the hinterlands, Carey came back to life.

:wall:

24 minutes ago, habs rule said:

you re going to hurt yourself Don. Be carefull

All good...steel plate! but appreciate your concern.

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, zumpano21 said:

Halfway there:  8 and 4

Yes, and I notice fans have been even more schizophrenic than usual during this span. Each win is treated as evidence that Julien is taking the team to another level and MB's bargain-basement deadline additions bring much-needed size and grit to the team. Each loss is taken as decisive proof that our weaknesses go beyond coaching and MB did nothing to help us at the deadline.:scared: If you ask me, the Habs are pretty much where they were in 2015 - a good team with a great goalie and some significant holes, likely to give any team trouble over a seven-game series, but a long-shot to actually win four of those series. There is an inner circle of heavy-duty contenders (Pittsburgh, Washington, Chicago, San Jose, probably Minnesota) and we aren't in it. We're in the outer circle beyond that.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Yes, and I notice fans have been even more schizophrenic than usual during this span. Each win is treated as evidence that Julien is taking the team to another level and MB's bargain-basement deadline additions bring much-needed size and grit to the team. Each loss is taken as decisive proof that our weaknesses go beyond coaching and MB did nothing to help us at the deadline.:scared: If you ask me, the Habs are pretty much where they were in 2015 - a good team with a great goalie and some significant holes, likely to give any team trouble over a seven-game series, but a long-shot to actually win four of those series. There is an inner circle of heavy-duty contenders (Pittsburgh, Washington, Chicago, San Jose, probably Minnesota) and we aren't in it. We're in the outer circle beyond that.

Post of the year.

The real question is how do we break that inner circle and can it be done within the next two years?

19 hours ago, zumpano21 said:

Post of the year.

The real question is how do we break that inner circle and can it be done within the next two years?

Thanks!

Inner circle: keep Radu, add a legitimate top-6 C, add a legitimate top-4 (maybe top-2) puck-moving LD. That should do it.

Can it be done? I say the odds are about 85-90% that it can't, at least not without opening new roster holes that we'll then have to fill. Bergevin has a track record of taking an eternity to fill obvious holes, which doesn't inspire confidence either.

9 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

First round knockout in the playoffs. Is Beregvin canned?

First, I doubt that we'll bow out in round one. Carey Price won't let it happen.

If it does happen, I doubt MB will be canned, unless 

Dear Leader Weber has a series akin to his last playoff game last year - or maybe if Subban rips it up and Nashville goes deep. Barring some obvious disaster like that, MB will spin it as a team still mastering Julien's system, or he'll point to some injury, etc., etc., etc.. But who really knows how Molson will react.

Guest Stogey24

Ya, he ain't getting fired.

McGuire was on TSN 690( you guys can say what you want about him, he's a really smart guy). McGuire was saying he was at game 7 between Sharks and Nashville. He brought up the situation with Weber last year in the playoffs and how awful he was as the games got tougher... His foot speed became a major issue. 

3 hours ago, Stogey24 said:

Ya, he ain't getting fired.

McGuire was on TSN 690( you guys can say what you want about him, he's a really smart guy). McGuire was saying he was at game 7 between Sharks and Nashville. He brought up the situation with Weber last year in the playoffs and how awful he was as the games got tougher... His foot speed became a major issue. 

You're not permitted to critique Dear Leader Weber, point out that the team has missed a puck-moving defenceman since Subban was traded, or that the trade has substantially shortened the Cup window for this group. All of that is verboten. Get with it.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/17/2017 at 5:45 PM, xXx..CK..xXx said:

I can't go against my prediction of 106 points prior to the season so 16-4-4

How about that one? :cry_smile: