Winnipeg Jets vs. Montreal Canadiens | February 18th, 2017 | 2:00 EST

Habsfan84

Guest Stogey24
6 minutes ago, Chris said:

They are a mess defensively, and slow. 

Out shot 15-6, At least they are winning somehow, 

CJ has his work cut out for, 

No offense anywhere but the top line

Markov slows shit down way too much. It's hard to knock the guy after a goal, but he's like slow motion coming up the ice with the puck. 

4 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

If they needed someone to play LW on the 4th line, why not De La Rose? I'd rather give McCarron the time in the AHL top 6.

They have McCarron at centre but yeah, I'd rather him playing top six minutes in the AHL as well.  He was next to useless for St. John's on the second line the other day and clearly needs to work on his skill game.

19 minutes ago, Dalhabs said:

Emelin needs more help from the forwards. If there is three winnipeg players between him inside the d zone and his teammate forwards at the red line its a bit hard squeezing the puck through without getting an icing call against...

like that last shift pleky is also helping in own zone makes is alot easier to find a good passing lane.

Maybe I am seeing it wrong... I dont know but I dont think Emelin has played that bad so far.

Our whole breakout has been trash for a long time.

I know everyone is clamoring for a center but we really need an actual puck moving d-man who can play top minutes with Weber... that would help our offense out so much.

1 minute ago, bbp said:

Our whole breakout has been trash for a long time.

I know everyone is clamoring for a center but we really need an actual puck moving d-man who can play top minutes with Weber... that would help our offense out so much.

Its still only Juliens first game. I am sure he is already taking notes what needs changes and not. Hopefully we will see some changes for 2nd period.

2 minutes ago, Dalhabs said:

Its still only Juliens first game. I am sure he is already taking notes what needs changes and not. Hopefully we will see some changes for 2nd period.

Yeah hopefully he can come up with something better. I'm just not sold we have the pieces, unless Beaulieu steps up under Julien of course.

After just acting like an idiot against Boston, Beaulieu decided to play like one today.  They're already basically benching Nesterov (Emelin's double shifting at times with Beaulieu) but they need to sit Beaulieu as well as he's lost out there.

I'm not going to defend Beaulieu but that was a terrible pass whoever put him in that spot, you get the puck deep deep, they had a man advantage. 

This guys are terrible, i can't even remember the last time they had 30 shots in a game. 

1 minute ago, Chris said:

This guys are terrible, i can't even remember the last time they had 30 shots in a game. 

You don't have to go back too far.  They had 30 two games ago and 40 the game before that.  (Only once in the seven games prior to those though.)

6 minutes ago, Dalhabs said:

What did MT do to these guys? Get them addicted to drugs?

In fairness

Julien had 1 practice and teams coming off a bye have been awful league wide, so i don't know how much to read into the performance overall. 

1 minute ago, Commandant said:

In fairness

Julien had 1 practice and teams coming off a bye have been awful league wide, so i don't know how much to read into the performance overall. 

Yeah the bye week has been rough on teams. Hopefully these turnovers are a by product of that.