Winnipeg Jets vs. Montreal Canadiens | February 18th, 2017 | 2:00 EST

Habsfan84

19 minutes ago, Chris said:

They haven't played well in months, 

Price's hot start is what saved them, he was injured early last year which made it worse. 

i would be shocked if they held onto a playoff spot

I think you're a pessimist, but your opinions usually hold up, and if I remember well, you're an ace at fantasy. Have to agree with this analysis. I think they hold onto a playoff spot due to the three point games, but this team is upset fodder for the Sens or the Laffs. I would bet the farm on it. 

The Habs are a team that just fired their coach. They've played like a lottery team for the past month. This doesn't end well, aside from a Pricean miracle.

40 minutes ago, Chris said:

I'm not confused, there was a lack of effort period. 

Don't care what other teams do after the break, 2 of them won. 

Stop with all the excuses, these guys suck, just like last years bunch. 

Pacioretty & Radulov 0 shots.

1 hour ago, Stogey24 said:

You realize Galchenyuk was a top 10 scorer before he got hurt. I guarantee he is still dealing with something 

Absolutely and I love Chucky but if the price was right I wouldn't be against it at this point.

The team appeared to be trying to carry the puck a lot more. Something they aren't used to. Timing was way off for all skaters. I would say that the bye had a lot to do with it, but I wonder if CJ didn't encourage them to carry and control the puck more. They seemed confused. Rightfully so. It will probably take 5 games and a few practices to adjust to a new system. Price made some good saves but was swimming a bit. The other side of this is that the Jets were awesome! They played a near perfect game. Defensively, offensively, hitting, face off, PK. Everything but PP, the jets played very well.

47 minutes ago, Lovett's Magnatones said:
29 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Thats not a line.

Got a name for the Byron-Plekanec-Lehkonen line: The Five Feet Line

I even if it was Byron-Plek-Gallagher his "point" stands.. but I mean Plek's at 5'11 in my mind doesn't fall into this whole "smurph" thing.

Also I thought Byron was one of the bright lights of the game.

36 minutes ago, bbp said:

I even if it was Byron-Plek-Gallagher his "point" stands.. but I mean Plek's at 5'11 in my mind doesn't fall into this whole "smurph" thing.

Also I thought Byron was one of the bright lights of the game.

My mistake...can't keep track of all the undersized players in height and undersized on the scoresheet.

Beaulieu was horrible in Hamilton and has not improved. Selfish player

• Upvote 1

We need to go on a streak. I'll say it now so it happens. 

Man, this was the first game I've seen in Montreal in 15 years, and they have to lay an egg like that.

Weber was pure garbage. Petry was worse. In fact the only d-man who looked good was Markov. DON will hate this, but last night at least they really, really missed Subban's ability to move the puck and lead the rush. If that blueline does not stabilize, we will need to make a major move.

Galchenyuk slowly evaporated after the first...not sure what's up there. 

What I saw was a team relying way too heavily on a washed up Plekanec and a 38-year-old Markov. Hopefully, having a few actual practices with the new coach will start to yield improvement, because that team last night looked nothing like a club with a legitimate chance to contend.

Just now, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Man, this was the first game I've seen in Montreal in 15 years, and they have to lay an egg like that.

Weber was pure garbage. Petry was worse. In fact the only d-man who looked good was Markov. DON will hate this, but last night at least they really, really missed Subban's ability to move the puck and lead the rush. If that blueline does not stabilize, we will need to make a major move.

What I saw was a team relying way too heavily on a washed up Plekanec and a 38-year-old Markov. Hopefully, having a few actual practices with the new coach will start to yield improvement, because that team last night looked nothing like a club with a legitimate chance to contend.

Part of that is they are still Therrien's team.  Julien has had one practice.  give him a bit to start to implement a system. 

The other part of why they look so awful is that basically every team in the NHL has looked awful when coming off the bye week. The Blackhawks went into their bye on a 5 game win streak.  They looked terrible against Edmonton. This five day break seems to just kill teams. 

3 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Part of that is they are still Therrien's team.  Julien has had one practice.  give him a bit to start to implement a system. 

The other part of why they look so awful is that basically every team in the NHL has looked awful when coming off the bye week. The Blackhawks went into their bye on a 5 game win streak.  They looked terrible against Edmonton. This five day break seems to just kill teams. 

No, I agree. It would be crazy to draw sweeping conclusions based on that game. But it was a very discouraging effort. 

9 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

This has been the major issue I've seen with the habs this year.

It seemed to me that, at least in this game, we were relying on Plekanec to come back and try to skate the puck up... not sure that is the solution.

Hopefully strats change or a player changes.

10 hours ago, sbhatt said:

The Ottawa Senators are only 2 points behind us, with 3 games in hand.  Let that sink in for a moment...

Honestly 2nd/3rd in the Atlantic is the best spot to be in. 1st in the Atlantic means playing one of the top five teams in the Metro division. Better to let Ottawa have that and play the Leafs.

4 Habs who stayed in Montreal last week and worked with skills trainer Adam Oates, instead of taking spring vacation. But 3 of them Pacioretty, Radulov and Pateryn had zero shots, not sure who 4th was. But extra training maybe will pay off and good on them to keep on the ice and put in extra time. 

3 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

But, at least it must of brought back nice memories when Beaulieu did his best impression of that ex-hab and coughed up breakaway goal and fell down at same time.:popcorn:

8 minutes ago, DON said:

But, at least it must of brought back nice memories when Beaulieu did his best impression of that ex-hab and coughed up breakaway goal and fell down at same time.:popcorn:

Weber didn't fare much better for supposedly a defensive stud.

• Upvote 2