Feb. 21, Canadiens vs Rangers, 7 PM

dlbalr

Guest Stogey24
Just now, Commandant said:

Emelin and Weber CANNOT play together

That said I don't know how you fix it with the current lineup. 

You force Beaulieu into it. Just get Emelin out of there 

Just now, Stogey24 said:

Exactly...we know there will be mistakes but fans can live with those because we know N8 is still (hopefully) learning and will get better...Emelin sheesh -not so much.

Weber scores...thank you Gallagher!!!!!

6 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Just watched Beaulieu and Pateryn give up that breakaway to Nash.

Just trade for Kulikov and be done with it. 

Pateryn is having a pretty good game imo.

4 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Just watched Beaulieu and Pateryn give up that breakaway to Nash.

Just trade for Kulikov and be done with it. 

but CJ didn't bench either one of them...he sent them right back out there...Julien  has said the team "lacks confidence" about 1000 times since he got here -

he is walking the talk

42 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

If I'm forcing Beaulieu anywhere, it's further down the lineup, not up.  He struggled for a long time on the second pairing and now is struggling on the third pairing (although I like him with Pateryn more than Nesterov).  Between that and his stupid moments in recent games, I think there's a better case to be made that he should be in the press box over being promoted (even with Emelin struggling).  Style-wise, he complements Weber the best of the lefties.  Smarts-wise, he's the worst fit and it's hard to ask a player who's prone to dumb decisions at inopportune times to play on a top pairing.

• Upvote 2

Guest Stogey24

You constantly call Beaulieu out on here though(that's not to sound like a dick at all)Petry has been just as bad, yet he catches no heat 

They need someone with foot speed on the top pair. Emelin is behind on everything. He needs out of there for atleast a bit

19 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

If I'm forcing Beaulieu anywhere, it's further down the lineup, not up.  He struggled for a long time on the second pairing and now is struggling on the third pairing (although I like him with Pateryn more than Nesterov).  Between that and his stupid moments in recent games, I think there's a better case to be made that he should be in the press box over being promoted (even with Emelin struggling).  Style-wise, he complements Weber the best of the lefties.  Smarts-wise, he's the worst fit and it's hard to ask a player who's prone to dumb decisions at inopportune times to play on a top pairing.

I think it's time to try Petry on his offside with Weber.

4 hours ago, Habsfan84 said:

Pateryn takes Nesterov's spot in the line-up tonight. That makes sense considering Nesterov only played 12 minutes last game.

Don't really get the thought of Pateryn being available however. Unless Bergevin has another move up his sleeve we don't have anyone capable of playing 7th defenceman. We saw that it really didn't work with Redmond which is why he's in the AHL. Guess we could always call up superstar Johnston. 

I hope that this isn't true! I like Pateryn. He hasn't had a real chance with Therrien. Poor bastard would make a tiny mistake and Therrien would bench him for 5 games! Let the man play and show what he can do as our no. 6 dman!