Montreal Canadiens vs. Toronto Maple Leafs | February 25th, 2017 | 7:00 EST

Habsfan84

8 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Poor Nesterov - usually he doesn't defend but this time, it was his actual proper positioning and defending that wound up resulting in the goal.  Had he been his usual out of position, Price probably stops that.

Haha. C'mon boys!

Not your typical Saturday night Leafs-Habs game. This feels more like a Thursday in Buffalo, but a lead is a lead.

They look a little more structured each game under Julien. Their passes are more crisp this game, and they're holding onto the puck. There's still a talent gap; indeed Shaw and Plekanec missed the net from in close by a mile.

Not really sure why they needed another player like Shaw, nevermind Shaw for 6 years. I just don't see it.

EDIT: Is it just me, or does Auston Matthews have ginormous nostrils?

They've played pretty well tonight...could easily have won it in reg with even a hint of puck luck.  Passing is much better, but still making some of the same mistakes (mainly shooting wide often).

3 minutes ago, kuternoga said:

Shaw crashed so hard into the boards that I was wondering if he is alive. Pretty good game for him. 

I'm so happy, so goddammmmmmmnnnnnn happy!

Thank you goalie Carey Price 

Hahahaha

2 hours ago, Fanpuck33 said:

Seems like I never get to hear John Bartlett when the Habs are on the free game. Pretty much hate the national announcers on CBC.

The big problem with the national commentators is that they're told to sell the story (that was the big thing Sportsnet promised when they got the rights was to tell a story over just calling the game).  For the Habs, the story is Price - Price is playing well, or why is Price struggling?  It rarely matters what the 18 skaters do, that will be the narrative most nights one way or the other.  And when you get Hughson/Simpson, you'll be inundated with comments about faceoff percentage and line matching.  (Case in point, the Habs get the 2-1 lead and Simpson's comment moments later is wondering whether Julien will change the lines.)