Montreal Canadiens vs. Toronto Maple Leafs | February 25th, 2017 | 7:00 EST

Habsfan84

2 minutes ago, DON said:

Was that a bad pass or simply a missed shot by Nesterov? Goal was due Galchenyuk's skill to corral puck and get it up above goalie.

I think Nesterov and Marc Andre Bergeron are equal on softness scale, but both have/had some puck skills, otherwise wouldn't be in the league if relied only on their defense.

Im not too sure it wasn't a great pass but Chucky was able to work with it.

He's not a tough guy for sure but I think he's a passable bottom pairing guy that we can use to get a little offence going as long he's not a liability defensively which he could be and I might be completely wrong.

22 minutes ago, Scott462 said:

Im not too sure it wasn't a great pass but Chucky was able to work with it.

He's not a tough guy for sure but I think he's a passable bottom pairing guy that we can use to get a little offence going as long he's not a liability defensively which he could be and I might be completely wrong.

I assume Dudley and Bergevin see him as you do and what the hell do I know...just that he (&Emelin & Beaulieu) makes me quite nervous in own end that is for sure.

Is there anyone who wouldn't prefer to see Hudon (36gms 21g 36pts, 2g 1a yesterday) (or McCarron, Flynn, Terry, Scherbak...) over what Desharnais brings?

I know they may want to play him to try and generate interest in Desharnais, but he dosent seem NHL calibre anymore, that is for sure.

I like dlbalr's 40% odds of #51 being traded

1 hour ago, DON said:

Is there anyone who wouldn't prefer to see Hudon (36gms 21g 36pts, 2g 1a yesterday) (or McCarron, Flynn, Terry, Scherbak...) over what Desharnais brings?

I know they may want to play him to try and generate interest in Desharnais, but he dosent seem NHL calibre anymore, that is for sure.

I like dlbalr's 40% odds of #51 being traded

I thought he looked good in the first period - lots of keen passes, generally involved. But then the wheels fell right off. Yeesh.

Guest Stogey24
37 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Desharnais is waived in the next 48 hours.  (I imagine Andrighetto won't be though.)

Pop champagne 

11 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

Pop champagne 

I wouldn't jump the gun on that yet.  The reason for my suspicion that they'll waive him has nothing to do with actually burying him in the minors (or getting him scooped up by another team).

2 hours ago, Stogey24 said:

I cannot believe Hudon isn't up

I've been on the Hudon badnwagon all year and thought he played pretty good before he got injured.  That was bad luck.  I hope he can make it back to the lineup - do the Habs seriously think Desharnais, Andrighetto or De La Rose are better than him?  I would also rather see Hudon play instead of Carr and McCarron.

2 hours ago, dlbalr said:

I wouldn't jump the gun on that yet.  The reason for my suspicion that they'll waive him has nothing to do with actually burying him in the minors (or getting him scooped up by another team).

Cliffhanger to set up the weekly recap article?

2 hours ago, dlbalr said:

Bingo (assuming I can get to writing it - I'm on PHR duty at the moment which means I can't start for a bit yet).

OK I have seen this a couple of times now so I have to ask what the heck is PHR duty?

11 minutes ago, DON said:

Performance Horse Registry of course!:popcorn:

Wow.. what were the odds of both of us coming up with that!! Glad I decided not to go with Polyamorous Hazing Rituals.. :wacko:

1 hour ago, habs rule said:

OK I have seen this a couple of times now so I have to ask what the heck is PHR duty?

I write for a second site called Pro Hockey Rumors (it's the hockey version of MLBTR for those who know what that is).  It's a part-time job for me so when I'm on shift there, I can't really work on anything for HW.

https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

I write for a second site called Pro Hockey Rumors (it's the hockey version of MLBTR for those who know what that is).  It's a part-time job for me so when I'm on shift there, I can't really work on anything for HW.

Sounds safer than the hazing rituals thing.. just sayin'...:(

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

Well any day I learn something new is a good day. Especially at my age. Good for you Brian.:habslogo:

18 hours ago, Stogey24 said:

Price since the off week:

I noticed the same thing. It's good to see him coming back into form!

22 hours ago, Neech said:

Saving him from Vegas, that's my conspiracy theory.

He's a UFA in the summer. 

My theory is that Bergevin wanted too much in return for him and never wanted to cap dump him until it was too late. The fact he was able to cap dump so many other players (Cole, Moen, Bourque) but couldn't with Desharnais just doesn't jive with me. Even during the talk where he was trying to trade him, I just have the feeling he wasn't willing to just get him off the team. He probably wanted an asset back so nobody in the media blasted him for just getting rid of him. So many other teams were cap dumping and Bergevin sat still.

Two years ago I bet he could have got rid of DD's full cap with a fourth attached in return for a third. But that would have forced him and Therrien to keep Galchenyuk at centre and that wasn't happening. Therrien never trusted him and Bergevin wanted a bridge.