Habs acquire Steve Ott from Detroit for a 2018 6th round pick

Trizzak

Kind of a strange trade but I guess it's an upgrade on the 4th line. Wonder if they will continue to move Mitchell to the wing and have Ott at centre. 

Quite a few agitators on this team now. Gallagher, Shaw and Ott are the type of players that will get under the opponent's skin.

5 minutes ago, Easy Ryder said:

Too many similar players. Bad move. 

Haha, there is only one Steve Ott in the world... :wacko:

Ott and Shaw are guys you need for the playoffs. They'll make it easier for softer guys like Galchenyuk, Plekanec and Pacioretty. McCarron will learn alot from them. 

My guess is Bergevin adds another 2nd borderline 3rd liner to round out forwards. Someone like Vanek, although Bergevin could have grabbed him with Ott

8 hours ago, Commandant said:

Strong face-off guy... meh...

Makes 800K, so takes up no cap space (I assume McCarron is sent down in the next 24 hours).

Gave up nothing to get him. 

Exactly.  I don't see McCarron ready to be in the lineup so send him down so he can play with the Icecaps.  Flynn and Ott can rotate in/out on the 4th line.

1 hour ago, kaos said:

Ott and Shaw are guys you need for the playoffs. They'll make it easier for softer guys like Galchenyuk, Plekanec and Pacioretty. McCarron will learn alot from them. 

My guess is Bergevin adds another 2nd borderline 3rd liner to round out forwards. Someone like Vanek, although Bergevin could have grabbed him with Ott

Yeah, this is a classic 'playoff depth' pick-up. Since Ott was basically free, I don't know how anyone can object. But I agree that if this is all MB has to give us, the Drive for 25 will still be going on next season.

It's a good move, they need grit and faceoffs, 

Probably the new 4th line will be Ott Mitchell Flynn

They need a big scorer but they don't have what it takes to land one, They aren't going to trade Sefgachev

CJ knows we need a nasty line to go far in the playoffs. We have been soft in the past for sure. We know can put out a bottom line of Ott Shaw and Big Mac that should mess with teams heads. If we land Vanek or Duchene we are

in the running. See how the morning pans out. Filppula would fill the bill too and the fact he said no to Toronto make me like him.

6 minutes ago, Chris said:

It's a good move, they need grit and faceoffs, 

Probably the new 4th line will be Ott Mitchell Flynn

They need a big scorer but they don't have what it takes to land one, They aren't going to trade Sefgachev

Exactly.. good trade. A guy like Ott is exactly what you need on the fourth line. He's replaced Desharnais with Ott.. good move!

Ott is one part of the wider story of MB trying to make the Habs nastier and more agitating, 'tougher to play agsinst.' And as long as you're not sactificing speed and skill to do it - which, in the case of replacing DD with Ott, we aren't - then I have no problem with it.

Guest Stogey24

We need GOALS. I have mad love for gritty players,  but they're not putting the puck in the net. 

Montreal was 30th in the league in goals for, in the month of February.

Why would I be satisfied with Flippula? He has 7 goals. I don't care about his assists. They'll dry up if he comes to this team