Deadline Day GDT

dlbalr

11 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

I used to take the whole day off for this. Now I'm just taking the morning off. Mostly because I want breakfast.

I always try to take the day off - mostly just so that someone's covering the site in case the Habs do something.

This is where working from home is nice. Granted, I'm easily distracted from work, but I have the NHL network (Sportsnet) feed up, muted until I see something interesting pop up, then I'll listen for a bit. It should be a quiet work day anyway today. What doesn't get done today can always be done tomorrow. Ha.

36 minutes ago, huzer said:

This is where working from home is nice. Granted, I'm easily distracted from work, but I have the NHL network (Sportsnet) feed up, muted until I see something interesting pop up, then I'll listen for a bit. It should be a quiet work day anyway today. What doesn't get done today can always be done tomorrow. Ha.

Yeah, I work from home a lot as well...which helps to explain why I have made about a billion posts on this site over the years...:rolleyes:

Deadline Day ain't what it used to be, but I still remember the electric charge of getting Vanek at the very last second. Ya never know.

Yeah I use to stay home from school and then as I got older and started working I would take this day off every year. But then I realized that habs never do anything big at trade deadline so I stopped taking it off and just get the updates on my phone. But I found that since they moved the deadline nothing big happens any more.

I can't imagine why we'd want Doan, with his 5 goals and 20 points, unless we're gambling that he'll be one of these old geezers who hits another level in the playoffs. It's a year too late with him. Any deal for Doan had better come at a low cost.

1 minute ago, kaos said:

Vrbata disappears come playoff time.

Vanek now a Panther. 3rd seems very reasonable

What's Bergevin working on?

Is there anything left?

1 minute ago, Stogey24 said:

I remember being so facking mad at Vanek in the playoffs with Habs. He didn't give a shit at all! 

He and Le Genius did not see eye to eye Le genius wanted to convert a rental offensive player into a defensive player. Didn't happen.

13 minutes ago, nhfarber said:

Looks like Iginla to the Kings.  

Iggy was at one of my son's hockey tournaments a couple of weeks ago. Pretty low key guy at the rink, I didn't bother him other than saying hi in passing, as his son's team was getting off the ice, and my kid was getting on. He also flipped my son a puck during pregame warmups last year. There's my off topic post for the thread.

Guest Stogey24
3 minutes ago, Habs owned the 70's said:

Gallagher & first for Duchene. Do it. :B)

We better get some type of scoring. If not, I don't know why Beregvin traded any picks at all. 

4 minutes ago, Habs owned the 70's said:

Our wingers would be terrible. I'd rather Danault and a 1st. 

Edit: I might even do Danault, Beaulieu and a 1st/2nd.

Duchene is the only player I would have wanted this free agency. 

Guest Stogey24
Just now, xXx..CK..xXx said:

Our wingers would be terrible. I'd rather Danault and a 1st. 

Well I'd rather Mitchell, but that's not how it works. 

4 minutes ago, Habs owned the 70's said:

I'd probably go for Landeskog instead, and not with Gallagher in the mix. I think Beaulieu's time in numbered. 

That would make 3 former team captains on this team with Weber and Ott (yeah, yeah, i know).