Habs acquire Dwight King

nhfarber

9 hours ago, Stogey24 said:

They're getting bigger for sure. Building a real bottom 6. I don't hate it. 

A big move is coming. there is no way Beregvin only adds to the bottom 6. 

Holy, just seen his info...he is a big SOB that is for sure and 8 goals isn't horrible for just a 4th.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=82959

I'm hoping that King can get a tryout on a line with Galchenyuk and Gallagher; if he can use his size to create space for Chucky and his playmaking, then Gally might pot some goals for a change!

40 minutes ago, JGC21 said:

I'm hoping that King can get a tryout on a line with Galchenyuk and Gallagher; if he can use his size to create space for Chucky and his playmaking, then Gally might pot some goals for a change!

Chucky is more of a finisher than a playmaker. This team only has one playmaker Even when everyone is on his game. Radu is the only guy that had patience and vision to set up plays. 

8 hours ago, BCHabnut said:

Chucky is more of a finisher than a playmaker. This team only has one playmaker Even when everyone is on his game. Radu is the only guy that had patience and vision to set up plays. 

It's a fair point. DD was a pure playmaker; it's a shame in a way that his game deteriorated, or that he wasn't a shade faster.

3 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

It's a fair point. DD was a pure playmaker; it's a shame in a way that his game deteriorated, or that he wasn't a shade faster.

or 5 inches taller.

5 hours ago, habs rule said:

so all said and done, we have 2.7 mill in cap space left and no place to spend it. Sweet.

It means they'll have no performance bonus carryover to next year and they'll safely have the flexibility to bring players up if they get another big string of injuries like they had earlier in the year.  It also might come in handy if they go after an older college UFA as guys that get one year deals in late March/early April will have artificially higher cap hits (for anyone who wonders what I mean by that, go look up Jeremy Welsh's deal with Carolina in 2012).

53 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

It means they'll have no performance bonus carryover to next year and they'll safely have the flexibility to bring players up if they get another big string of injuries like they had earlier in the year.  It also might come in handy if they go after an older college UFA as guys that get one year deals in late March/early April will have artificially higher cap hits (for anyone who wonders what I mean by that, go look up Jeremy Welsh's deal with Carolina in 2012).

Whats the 50 man situation?

4 hours ago, dlbalr said:

Well yeah there is always that.:D

• 2 weeks later...

Since he hasn't done much since arriving in Montreal (I'm being nice here), I asked one of my friends from LA about him. They said he was simply a cap casualty and were real sad to see him go. 

All I can hope is that they are correct and his A game is yet to come.