Montreal Canadiens vs. New York Rangers | March 4th, 2017 | 7:00 EST

Habsfan84

18 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

Get Mitchell out of this line up

Mitchell sucks

So does Flynn

So does Ott

So does Martinsen

They don't want to play Hudon on the fourth line. 

What's the solution?  I might try Flynn for a game.  But realistically its just shuffling to reset, get a guy some rest and then put mitchell back in .

I don't see anyone who is clearly better. 

12 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

Get Mitchell out of this line up

Julien seems just as unwilling as Therrien to mess with a winning lineup.

I think Mitchell needs a pressbox break, even just for the mental reset, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen till there is a loss. 

Guest Stogey24
24 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Mitchell sucks

So does Flynn

So does Ott

So does Martinsen

What's the solution?  I might try Flynn for a game.  But realistically its just shuffling to reset, get a guy some rest and then put mitchell back in .

I know nothing about Martinsen or really Ott for that matter, but definitely would like to see one of them in the line up over Mitchell. 

11 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

I think Mitchell needs a pressbox break, even just for the mental reset, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen till there is a loss. 

Ya, I agree

34 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Mitchell sucks

So does Flynn

So does Ott

So does Martinsen

A player 'sucks', seems one lame and lazy scouting report. For Parros and those types agree it easily fits and enough said, but for fast skating, solid on faceoffs, good PK defending vet NHLers, seems an ignorant dismissal.:rastapop:

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

54.5% on faceoffs likely keeps him around, no matter who coach is.

18 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

I know nothing about Martinsen or really Ott for that matter, but definitely would like to see one of them in the line up over Mitchell. 

Ya, I agree

Scratch Mitchell and keep McCarron in?

29 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

That is true of most coaches, don't fix what ain't broken.

Guest Stogey24
23 minutes ago, DON said:

Scratch Mitchell and keep McCarron in?

Mccarron and King did their job. Mitchell does fack all. 

Not arguing about this though. All are interchangeable 

53 minutes ago, DON said:

A player 'sucks', seems one lame and lazy scouting report. For Parros and those types agree it easily fits and enough said, but for fast skating, solid on faceoffs, good PK defending vet NHLers, seems an ignorant dismissal.:rastapop:

Martinsen was the worst possession player, on the worst team in the NHL.  He can skate in a straight line, but don't ask him to make stops and starts, cuts, etc... anything involving agility.  He has no hands.  In other words He sucks. 

Ott can win faceoffs, but can't skate anymore and has that shaw like tendency for bad penalties. He's lost his speed, and thus is ineffective. 

There

1 hour ago, Trizzak said:

It's worth noting that the lines at practice were all messed up with several players taking maintenance days and that there was no game day skate today.  No announcement has been made as to who is or isn't in the lineup tonight, the lines in the first post are just the ones from last game.  Julien apparently said he wanted to get the new guys in fairly quickly (but not all at once).

11 minutes ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

IN

Ott

Martinson

OUT

McCarron

Radulov

radulov is out after blocking a shot for the second game in a row with inside of foot.

Well that certainly puts a damper on things. Hopefully it is just a bruise and he only misses the one game.

13 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

Radulov out is not a good thing. He has been the only playmaker on the team this season. 

I would say Markov, Pacioretty, Weber & Danault have set up lots of goals as well, but Radulov is #1 and still surprising in his consistent effort every game.

3 hours ago, Stogey24 said:

Mccarron and King did their job. Mitchell does fack all. 

Not arguing about this though. All are interchangeable 

You mean bench warmer McCarron? If not gonna play him more than a few shifts, he should be in AHL.

Didn't really notice King, but they said he had a few hits at least and no gaffs. Not saying Mitchell is irreplaceable or top six, just he does have some good qualities and for his $1.2m they/we don't expect 20 goals from him do they. 

But could be interchangeable and all I wanted to point out, is that he isn't a 'crap' player.

(do he, Flynn, delaRose have hands of stone, for sure.)

Edited by DON
add on

I don't know how off topic I am but here it goes...

1) Go Habs GO!!!

2) kinda sick of some of the media talk about not getting a top 6 frwd... If space gets opened up on the ice for our top6 by the new guys; I'm all for it and is just as good under the circumstance imho.

3) GO HABS! GO!

thanks for letting me rant people :) 

Guest Stogey24

Really hope it's nothing serious 

He may need some rest too. I'm pretty sure they only play like 50 games in khl