Mar. 12, Montreal vs Edmonton, 7 PM

dlbalr

52 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

TSN did a phone Interview with King after the trade.  He did not sound happy to be going to Montreal 

The way he skates...feelings mutual.

Wow.  That was a snoozer of a period.  28 faceoffs in 20 minutes, yikes.  I don't like how the puck carrier on the PP is stopping once they gain entry into the zone.  Edmonton's set up to counter exactly that and they're just playing into their hands.

Guest Stogey24

This team can play the most tightly structured game in the NHL, but One bad bounce or one blown coverage and this team is cooked. 

#no goals

I'm in no way an Emelin supporter and I would have preferred Davidson in the lineup tonight, but holy shit, guys... Emelin's shitty play doesn't matter one iota if the team can't f*cking score.

Guest Stogey24
2 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

I'm in no way an Emelin supporter and I would have preferred Davidson in the lineup tonight, but holy shit, guys... Emelin's shitty play doesn't matter one iota if the team can't f*cking score.

Emelin's shitty play just caused the only goal in this game. 1 goal can break this team's back. 

Rogers wonders why their Hometown Hockey theme isn't doing too well.  Take the first intermission for example.  Instead of analysis about the game, we had a feature with Kelly Buchburger riding around in a minivan watching highlights on a tablet followed by an interview with a guy that opened up for Garth Brooks (for three of nine concerns in Edmonton) at the 'world-renowned' Rogers Place Arena (which has been around for what, six months?).  Who would find that worth watching?

As for the game itself, the Habs were a lot better in the 2nd at least.  There's some signs of life.  I think Price would like that goal back too.

27 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Rogers wonders why their Hometown Hockey theme isn't doing too well.  Take the first intermission for example.  Instead of analysis about the game, we had a feature with Kelly Buchburger riding around in a minivan watching highlights on a tablet followed by an interview with a guy that opened up for Garth Brooks (for three of nine concerns in Edmonton) at the 'world-renowned' Rogers Arena (which has been around for what, six months?).  Who would find that worth watching?

:thumbs_up:

How about this crazy idea. Stop the hayseed Canadiana, nostalgia, and soppy sentimentalism, and bring in some strong analysts to provide insight into something that actually matters. Stop assuming your audience are idiots. What a concept.

• Upvote 2