Mar. 12, Montreal vs Edmonton, 7 PM

dlbalr

It wasn't the prettiest (they did get better as the game went on at least) but a win's a win.  Gallagher had a really nice game despite the fact he can't really shoot all that well.  Lehkonen had a good one as well and seemed to be around the net more than usual.

8 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I just want to point out that the Oilers won the faceoff, but Byron beat them to the puck and scored the goal on his empty netter. . 

:lol:

I know Byron did nothing for 20 games, but the guy is a gamer. I'm a fan of his.

That game, except for maybe 8 minutes in total, was a clinic in what is wrong with contemporary NHL hockey. Just a dreary display that would not won a single new fan over to the sport.

4 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Byron up to 18 goals now.  

The guy might get to 20. 

Calgary must puke when they see that.

I have to say, Bob Cole made this game even more tedious than it had to be. Listening to him call a game like this is almost physically painful.

One thing I did enjoy was seeing DD on a line with Kassian. The ReHab Line!

3 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

The league changed the second goal from Galchenyuk to Pacioretty. 

Chuck still gets an assist.  Still PPG under Julien. 

Max up to 33 now.  He could get to 40 if he goes on a little run. 

Halfway through the third I check in to see habs down, thinking, damn possibly shut out again? (I was watching the Brier which my boys won!) 

in the run of 7 minutes we have a 4-1 win?! Whaaaaat?

32 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

So Max has 33 now...1 behind Crosby for league lead.

Amazing to think he had that awful November. It's also funny that Patches doesn't seem to have the 'aura' that generally accrues to consistently deadly goal scorers. I'm not even sure he would be on most fans' lists of the top-5 (or even top-10) NHL snipers.

6 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Amazing to think he had that awful November. It's also funny that Patches doesn't seem to have the 'aura' that generally accrues to consistently deadly goal scorers. I'm not even sure he would be on most fans' lists of the top-5 (or even top-10) NHL snipers.

His long stretch where he looks downright horrid every season tends to stick in one's memory...I get why most see him in a slightly diminished light.  I think if he actually got 40 it would go a long way towards cementing his status.  If he could find a way to eliminate the month+ long slump each season, he'd flirt with 50.

1 minute ago, sbhatt said:

His long stretch where he looks downright horrid every season tends to stick in one's memory...I get why most see him in a slightly diminished light.  I think if he actually got 40 it would go a long way towards cementing his status.

All I know is that if he were in TO they'd already be planning his jersey retirement ceremony and reserving his spot in the Hall of Fame

In the 6 full seasons that Max Pacioretty has been in the NHL (including the lockout-shortened 2013 - 48 game season), Max Pacioretty is 4th in the NHL with 185 goals in 426 games. The three guys ahead of him are Joe Pavelski (187 goals in 443 games - Max has more goals per game), Steven Stamkos (202 goals -- but this guy's only played 343 games, which makes it rather remarkable), and Alexander Ovechkin (a whopping 251 goals in 431 games). There are a few other players with higher goals per game that would be up there if they hadn't been injured so much, too; Sid's 157 goals in 356 games, for instance.

Anyone who doesn't count Max Pacioretty among the league's most elite goal scorers just hasn't been paying attention.

Was at the game.. a choppy, sloppy first made it a bit boring but the Habs had some chances. Lots of swings and misses. 

2nd period was a bit better than the first although the Lucic goal was terrible. 

3rd period the Oil really sat back and Montreal kept coming. They're was a lot of chatter in our section about the Habs getting one, because they were relentless. 

From my viewpoint, Gallagher was the Canadiens best forward tonight. Byron and Pacs scored but Gallagher was flying. 

Benn looked solid. Not gonna wow anybody but a steady dman. 

Price was Price. A few big glove saves. I'm sure he'd like the Lucic shot back, but you should win a lot of hockey games when your goalie only lets in one. 

Guest Stogey24
9 hours ago, sbhatt said:

His long stretch where he looks downright horrid every season tends to stick in one's memory...I get why most see him in a slightly diminished light.  I think if he actually got 40 it would go a long way towards cementing his status.  If he could find a way to eliminate the month+ long slump each season, he'd flirt with 50.

Pacioretty has turned a corner. He used to make terrible passes or when he'd get knocked off the puck, he'd get frustrated and forget about back checking. 

I seriously wonder if Weber has some type of affect on his play. I know that sounds ridiculous, but I haven't seen that dogging style that he has played in the past.... I don't know. Just a thought 

I didn't get a chance to watch the game last night, but I'm glad to see we were able to come back and win it in the third! We needed those two points.

As far as Max is concerned, just imagine how many goals he would have if he actually had a real 1st line center!