Should Carey play both games this week-end?

Habsfan

Should Carey play both games this week-end?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Should Carey play both games this week-end?

• Yes
    • No

19 hours ago, DON said:

message is that we will beat you with Price on Sat and with our back up on Sunday. :gohabsgo:

Hmm, kinda like this philosophy I have to admit, I might have been too hasty on the "starts both vs Ottawa" thing. And besides, if Carey wins on Sat night, then the best Ottawa can do is status quo in the standings, even with a win on Sunday. Makes sense I guess.

38 minutes ago, habs rule said:

You should read this Don cause it is true dat.

This part (you musta missed?) you mean "Since 2006, only two goalies have led their team to win a Stanley Cup when playing 60 or more regular season games."

And at the moment Price is sitting at 52 NHL starts + 5 World Cup starts (+ couple pre tourny games), so sitting at 57 or so starts, with 12 games left to play.

Also not sure if you noticed, his play in couple months before mandated break vs after the break performance.

But, Waite am sure has a schedule and both goalies have pretty good idea which games they will play in over next few weeks...barring injury to Price.

1 hour ago, DON said:

This part (you musta missed?) you mean "Since 2006, only two goalies have led their team to win a Stanley Cup when playing 60 or more regular season games."

And at the moment Price is sitting at 52 NHL starts + 5 World Cup starts (+ couple pre tourny games), so sitting at 57 or so starts, with 12 games left to play.

Also not sure if you noticed, his play in couple months before mandated break vs after the break performance.

But, Waite am sure has a schedule and both goalies have pretty good idea which games they will play in over next few weeks...barring injury to Price.

I did not miss that at all. But I think the closest this teams gets to the Stanley cup is if they visit the hall of fame. I hope they go deep but with no scoring I realistically have medium expectations.

20 minutes ago, habs rule said:

I did not miss that at all. But I think the closest this teams gets to the Stanley cup is if they visit the hall of fame. I hope they go deep but with no scoring I realistically have medium expectations.

Have to agree, they may be an all-star forward or two short and not score enough. But I am gonna hope all the stars align, Gallagher snaps out of it, Lehkonen maybe repeats his SHL playoff performance from last year, bottom six chip in, etc. And we have seen what a hot goalie can do for a team in the post season...time for Price to add a Conn Smyth to his trophy room!:pray:

2 minutes ago, habs rule said:

I think if you watched the game today you could see why Carey needs to play tomorrow. He will want to play. And we need him.

I'm still on the "Play Montoya" side. It will be Ottawa's 3rd game in 4 nights, it's the 2nd night of a back to back, and the team has already gone up a point in the series. It's an ideal game for Montoya. 

2 hours ago, Trizzak said:

I'm still on the "Play Montoya" side. It will be Ottawa's 3rd game in 4 nights, it's the 2nd night of a back to back, and the team has already gone up a point in the series. It's an ideal game for Montoya. 

what you say is true but we need these points. It is late in the season and going into the playoffs 1st in the Atlantic is important. These teams are too close and now is when we need out best players to be their best. Carey is our best player. Montoya can play Detroit and Carolina. Pointless to have Carey play them, and it will give him all the rest he needs.

Guest Stogey24
11 hours ago, habs rule said:

I think if you watched the game today you could see why Carey needs to play tomorrow. He will want to play. And we need him.

Why do we "need" him to play? I'd much rather take on Boston than the Rangers

The most important thing is having a healthy team heading into the playoffs. Is it not? 

I would admire the discipline of a coach who proceeds with the Plan despite the overpowering temptation to play Price. I also think playing Al would be both a vote of confidence in him, and in the team's ability to win without Price. Plus, if we beat the Mike Duffys without Price, it really sends a nice message of contempt towards them. So I say, play Montoya. But I think they will play Price.

2 hours ago, Stogey24 said:

Why do we "need" him to play? I'd much rather take on Boston than the Rangers

The most important thing is having a healthy team heading into the playoffs. Is it not? 

The broons series would be fun, but they look pretty dangerous right now, howerer we have beaten The Rags all year long.

Yes taking a healthy team into the playoffs is important so who else do you want to sit? Radulaov? Galchenyuk? Patches?

47 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I would admire the discipline of a coach who proceeds with the Plan despite the overpowering temptation to play Price. I also think playing Al would be both a vote of confidence in him, and in the team's ability to win without Price. Plus, if we beat the Mike Duffys without Price, it really sends a nice message of contempt towards them. So I say, play Montoya. But I think they will play Price.

What message does a loss send? We are not good enough to send messages of contempt.

Just now, habs rule said:

The broons series would be fun, but they look pretty dangerous right now, howerer we have beaten The Rags all year long.

Yes taking a healthy team into the playoffs is important so who else do you want to sit? Radulaov? Galchenyuk? Patches?

I will want to sit Markov, Plekanec, Radulov, Pacioretty, Weber and all who arnt 100%...but obviously not till April.

Your post is a just kooky, over the top and which coach would sit his top three forwards. Vs which teams rest their #1 in back to back games, apples and oranges to what you suggest.

5 minutes ago, habs rule said:

What message does a loss send? We are not good enough to send messages of contempt.

Who gives a crap what 'message' is perceived by Sens, other than "Hey, maybe we really are a 2nd rate team and cant skate with a powerhouse team like the Habs!"

9 minutes ago, habs rule said:

The fact that the Mike Duffys will be playing their 3rd in 4 nights is a huge factor IMHO. 

2 minutes ago, DON said:

Who gives a crap what 'message' is perceived by Sens, other than "Hey, maybe we really are a 2nd rate team and cant skate with a powerhouse team like the Habs!"

pretty feisty this morning Don you got the special creamer in your coffe?

Just now, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

The fact that the Mike Duffys will be playing their 3rd in 4 nights is a huge factor IMHO. 

Yep good reason to jump all over them.

6 minutes ago, habs rule said:

Yep good reason to jump all over them.

Yeah, but remember the original rationale if signing Montoya and excusing Price from back to backs: to keep him fresh for a long playoff drive. 

Anyway, I'm not going to the wall on this...I think Price will play, I just think there's a good counter-intuitive case for starting Al.

Just now, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Yeah, but remember the original rationale if signing Montoya and excusing Price from back to backs: to keep him fresh for a long playoff drive. 

Anyway, I'm not going to the wall on this...I think Price will play, I just think there's a good counter-intuitive case for starting Al.

I am not real hung up on this, it is the coach's decision. I would like to have a little space over the Duffy's (I like that btw). With 2 non playoff teams coming up Al can play and Carey can rest.

1 hour ago, habs rule said:

pretty feisty this morning Don you got the special creamer in your coffe?

Bailey's of course...but not the reason I cant see why you seem stuck on Price playing today or importance of sending messages to other teams, that's all. No offense, just disagree. Have a wonderful Sunday afternoon sir!:D

Image result for funny cheer up