Burrows- Brassard- Ryan

Hoffman- Pageau- Pyatt

Stallberg- Kelly- Wingles

Methot- Karlsson

Phaneuf- Cecil

Claesson- Wideman

Condon

43 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

How the hell did the Sens get so good? I have trouble taking them seriously as a real threat to teams other than the Habs (they always give us trouble).

They hired the coach MB should have hired by canning his bum buddy last year

3 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

They hired the coach MB should have hired by canning his bum buddy last year

:thumbs_up:

I wanted Crawford, not Boucher, but either would have been far better than trading Subban in order to please the doomed Therrien. 

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

How the hell did the Sens get so good? I have trouble taking them seriously as a real threat to teams other than the Habs (they always give us trouble).

They advanced stats suggest they are massively overachieving this year.  There is always one or two teams this year, and they usually take a mighty big fall the next season.... last year was florida, the year before Calgary, the year before Colorado, etc.... 

16 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

This is going to be a feisty game. 

Anyone want to take a bet against Pageau scoring? 

No Sen is scoring today, so safe bet.

Guest Stogey24

Since Claude Julien took over the Habs have a 59% 5-vs-5 goals for percentage without Emelin on the ice. 29% with him on the ice

Well the habs con't score either. I'm guessing the over under on the habs goals this weekend is 3 total/ 

Price doesn't play well against the Sens

Hopefully the team that played the rangers will show up

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

By the way, for those wondering, it's supposed to be Bob Cole calling both games this weekend.

Is he allowed out of the home 2 days in a row?

2 hours ago, dlbalr said:

By the way, for those wondering, it's supposed to be Bob Cole calling both games this weekend.

His botched calls only annoy me if the Habs are losing.  When we have the lead, I'm able to laugh them off with ease.

• Upvote 1

Cole has a great voice. He has a knack for creating a tone during games. He's not nearly as bad of a Leafs bruins Homer as most of cbc/sportsnet. He messes up calls for sure, but I still like the old boy

• Upvote 1

Cole has a great legacy, but in his current incarnation is a dead loss. You learn LESS than nothing about what is going on out there when he is behind the mic, because not only does he stick to pointlessly obvious generalities ('Montreal chips it in...' - yes, Bob, but WHO chipped it in? Who made that play im the Habs' end? Etc.), but he often garbles even those, or is so far behind the play that a blind man would be in another time zone listening to him. He is atrocious.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Cole has a great legacy, but in his current incarnation is a dead loss. You learn LESS than nothing about what is going on out there when he is behind the mic, because not only does he stick to pointlessly obvious generalities ('Montreal chips it in...' - yes, Bob, but WHO chipped it in? Who made that play im the Habs' end? Etc.), but he often garbles even those, or is so far behind the play that a blind man would be in another time zone listening to him. He is atrocious.

Yes and he constantly gets the names wrong, quite  unconsciously. Retirement cant be far away can it?

13 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Sorry but Cole is an idiot....he makes up s=hit...not watching the same game i am...

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, THE Bobby Orr said:

Sorry but Cole is an idiot....he makes up s=hit...not watching the same game i am...

Depending on how boring the game is, the one he's calling might be more interesting than the one that's actually being played.

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

I thought I heard Anderson is now getting the start tonight? 

It sounds like it might be a game-time decision for tonight.  At this rate, it seems likely they'll each get one of the games.