Ottawa vs Montreal 7:00pm

Guest Stogey24

Guest Stogey24
2 hours ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

He was a third round draft pick in 2013. Habs drafting since 2008 has been ugly. I think he's one of the 5 best Habs draft picks since 2010.

1. Alex Galchenyuk

2. Brendan Gallagher

3. Nathan Beaulieu

4. Artturi Lehkonen

5. Sven Andrighetto

Too many small players? Nah, not enough good draft selections. Which the blame either goes to Timmins or the blame goes to the team player development. Or both.

Ya, true

3 hours ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

He was a third round draft pick in 2013. Habs drafting since 2008 has been ugly. I think he's one of the 5 best Habs draft picks since 2010.

1. Alex Galchenyuk

2. Brendan Gallagher

3. Nathan Beaulieu

4. Artturi Lehkonen

5. Sven Andrighetto

Too many small players? Nah, not enough good draft selections. Which the blame either goes to Timmins or the blame goes to the team player development. Or both.

Geez, when you put it that way, the problem is obvious. That's 4 solid NHLers and a marginal case in 8 years. I'm not a draft expert by any means - is this result as sub-standard as it looks?

18 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Geez, when you put it that way, the problem is obvious. That's 4 solid NHLers and a marginal case in 8 years. I'm not a draft expert by any means - is this result as sub-standard as it looks?

Its like 4 NHLers in 6 years. (McCarron makes it 5, but is still a disppointing pick.... Hudon and De la Rose could make it 7 but I don't have much hope beyond them.  Reway seems a long shot due to health)

2014, 15, and 16 are too early to judge

That said 4 in 5 years is below average. 7 in 5 years is pretty close to average but a little below...   Trading all those picks in 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12 hurt the depth in the organization. We traded a 1st, and a shit load of 2nds/3rds.