Mar. 25/26, Bears vs IceCaps

dlbalr

This weekend, the IceCaps (31-25-10) look to rebound from two blown leads and get back in the win column against the Bears (38-19-11), the highest scoring team in the league.

14her_500.gif

(Line combos are based on +/- data.)

C. Bourque - Stephenson - Mitchell

O'Brien - Boyd - Galiev

Walker - R. Bourque - Walker

Vrana - Sill - Barber

Djoos - Gilbert

Backman - Lewington

Bowey - Labrie

Copley

15stj_500.gif

Hudon - Terry - Carr

Matteau - de la Rose - Friberg

Scherbak - Audette - Farnham

Veilleux - MacMillan - Gregoire

Hanley - Lernout

Lowe - Johnston

Brouillette - Didier

Lindgren

Puck drop is at 2:30 PM EST for both games.  AM 930 has the call.

I'm a little late getting this one posted as the first game was already played.  It was the opposite of the last couple of games as this time, it was St. John's pulling off the comeback.  Tied at three apiece in the dying seconds, Keegan Lowe picked up the winner and the IceCaps get a crucial victory.  The other goals came from Julien Brouillette, Jeremy Gregoire, and Yannick Veilleux.  :1banana:  It wasn't all good news, however, as Chris Terry was injured in the third period.

http://theahl.com/stats/game-summary/1016874

Got to head down to the Mile One for the first game of the head to header!

Charlie Lingren was insane. Made some absolutely ridiculous saves, really quick laterally in the net and made some beautiful glove saves. Really showed that extra effort to make the saves.

Scherbak looks like the real deal. He is such a smooth skater and a wicked puck handler. Made some nasty moves out there. Defensively he made the wrong read a few times but his head is always on a swivel. He knew were everyone was on both sides of the ice, defensively he just made the wrong decision. In my mind that is coachable. Also they need to get him playing with talented wingers. He had some beautiful setups that went to not because his linemates can't shoot. He made a few beautiful centering passes as well but for somereason no one was there... needs some more talented linemates bad.

Hudon has a hell of a shot on him. Saw him going into corners a bit and carry the puck with some success. He isn't blazing fast or anything but doesn't particularly look slow either. A few quick passes as well. Overall looked pretty solid.

De la Rose got first star... his line would have had ridiculous possession numbers. They were brilliant on the forecheck. side note: Friberg is a workhorse man! He never gave up on anything, generally a ton of fun to watch.

For defenseman two people stood out in particular

Lernout was by far the best d-man out there for the Icecaps. Played sound defensively, physical, good outlet passes and has a beast of a shot. Really liked what I saw there.

Johnston on the other had was so god damn awful it was hard to watch. Possession black hole for sure... he was knocked off the puck so many times. If I was Lingren I'd want his skin.. the quality scoring chances that came off Johnston existing were brutal. He should have had the primary assist on one of Hersey's goals for sure... If Lingren wasn't playing out of his mind after the first Johnston would easily have been a -3 or -4.

I guess I should mention that Didier was fun to watch. Really physical and gritty guy.