Mete Signs Entry Level Contract

Commandant

1 hour ago, habs rule said:

5 ft 9 175 lbs? Defenceman? Serious? He must be one talented smurf. This I gotta see.

Torey Krug, Sami Vaatanen, Ryan Ellis, Tyson Barrie, Tyler Spurgeon, Ryan Murphy

1 hour ago, habs rule said:

5 ft 9 175 lbs? Defenceman? Serious? He must be one talented smurf. This I gotta see.

You should have caught the last couple of London games on Sportsnet.  He's undersized but he's still a very effective player at the junior ranks and his speed really makes him an intriguing prospect.

Guest Stogey24

Could tell right away when  mete had the puck. This is the first real look I've had at him 

Sergachev looks so calm out there. Weber like respect with his shot from the point out there 

4 hours ago, dlbalr said:

You should have caught the last couple of London games on Sportsnet.  He's undersized but he's still a very effective player at the junior ranks and his speed really makes him an intriguing prospect.

i don' know too many guys, his size that make it as a defenceman in today's NHL. Does anybody else? Forward Yes.

43 minutes ago, habs rule said:

i don' know too many guys, his size that make it as a defenceman in today's NHL. Does anybody else? Forward Yes.

I've already given 6.... here's a 7th, Brian Campbell, and an 8th, Brian Rafalski, and a 9th, Phil Housley, and an 10th Francois Bouillion, and an 11th, Tobias Enstrom. 

Should we keep going?

8 minutes ago, zumpano21 said:

This is what it's all about.

If you can turn your 4th rounders into solid roster guys, we can only be looking up. Hope it works out. 

Exactly

You can take an undersized guy with lots of skills

or you can take another connor crisp, a big guy with limited skill, by the time you get to that round. 

Good draft pick, good growth in London. I personally don't see him as an NHLer but if he proves me wrong that's great.

I also think those numbers are old. Probably an inch taller now and over 180lbs. Plays bigger than his height but that's a London Knights thing.

9 hours ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Good draft pick, good growth in London. I personally don't see him as an NHLer but if he proves me wrong that's great.

I also think those numbers are old. Probably an inch taller now and over 180lbs. Plays bigger than his height but that's a London Knights thing.

175 or 180, who cares, he is a small junior d-man and will be a small pro d-man. Plays bigger...haven't seen that in games I have seen. He is not a big hitter, gets pushed around in own end.

But, the SOB can really skate, handles puck well, nice shot and has offensive smarts. Hope London can make the memorial cup, then Mete can make world junior team next season. 

11 hours ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Speaking of the London Knights, they were here last year for the Memorial Cup. All the volunteers from the tournament had nothing but good things to say about Brandon, Rouyn-Noranda and of course the home team, Red Deer.

Everyone from London was an asshole. Full stop.

20 hours ago, DON said:

But, the SOB can really skate, handles puck well, nice shot and has offensive smarts. Hope London can make the memorial cup, then Mete can make world junior team next season. 

I'm rooting for Windsor to knock them out quickly - in part because I'm not a London fan but I'd also like him to finish up with St. John's.  Considering how bad their left defence is, he could almost be a top four guy right away down there.

1 minute ago, dlbalr said:

I'm rooting for Windsor to knock them out quickly - in part because I'm not a London fan but I'd also like him to finish up with St. John's.  Considering how bad their left defence is, he could almost be a top four guy right away down there.

Sorry dlbalr, don't think he would make a big impact and help them win much more than would without him and simply want to see as many Habs in Memorial cup as possible.

Plus I think he is too young & small and will be returning to Junior next season also.

20 minutes ago, DON said:

Sorry dlbalr, don't think he would make a big impact and help them win much more than would without him and simply want to see as many Habs in Memorial cup as possible.

Plus I think he is too young & small and will be returning to Junior next season also.

He only has to beat out Brouillette or Parisi to get a spot in St. John's lineup - the bar is pretty low there.  The IceCaps are in dire need of anyone capable of moving the puck (that's why Johnston's still getting top four time despite being a disaster in his own zone) and that's one element Mete can certainly bring even if he has to be limited to third pairing duty.  Simon Bourque got a regular spot the last few games last year at the same age so why couldn't Mete?

3 hours ago, dlbalr said:

He only has to beat out Brouillette or Parisi to get a spot in St. John's lineup - the bar is pretty low there.  The IceCaps are in dire need of anyone capable of moving the puck (that's why Johnston's still getting top four time despite being a disaster in his own zone) and that's one element Mete can certainly bring even if he has to be limited to third pairing duty.  Simon Bourque got a regular spot the last few games last year at the same age so why couldn't Mete?

Well, Sergachev should help send him to AHL in couple more games anyways and obviously hope they do sneek into playoffs and Mete could get some significant pro time.

I haven't even looked at AHL standings for long time, on purpose and just expect they wont make playoffs.