Playoff Wishes

xXx..CK..xXx

With the playoffs set to start tomorrow, I thought it would be nice to hear some of your playoff wishes prior to puck drop.

I'll start us off with 10 wishes even though I'm sure I could think of more. I'm going to try to remain positive as well rather than wishing something like "so and so to remain in the press box for the entire run". 

My list of wishes...

1) Carey Price to remain healthy

2) Our special teams to be strong 

3) Dwight King to score at least one GWG

4) The Bruins and Leafs to get eliminated Round

One, followed by the Sens getting eliminated by the Habs in Round Two.

5) Lehkonen to show signs and continue what he did in the playoffs last season in the SEL. Remember, he had the most points since Daniel Alfredsson for his team. Let's hope he finds that level.

6) Win all or almost all of our overtime games 

7) Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Radulov. I'm looking for a top line of Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Radulov to be there for us and if it's not the top line, those are the three forwards I expect to be there for us as top line players production wise. Depth players can get us through a round by scoring a huge goal but I want those players to show up for 3 of the 4, if not all 4 rounds. 

8) Anaheim in the final so I can attend a game these playoffs. I'd probably even attend all the way up north in San Jose. If not, I'd like to face and defeat a Canadian team in the final, with my preference being Edmonton. 

9) I wish Weber a strong playoff so he can bounce back after last year's "game 7" perception of him. 

10) Let's come back full circle and wish general health to the whole team, as well as all the lucky bounces in the world for our Habs this playoff season.

There's a lot of hope, and rightly so but let's try not to get too high or too low at any point until it's all said and done. 

At the end of the playoffs, we can come take a look at how the team did and tick off how many of our wishes came true. Perhaps there will be a connection between the two.

:habslogo::gohabsgo::habslogo::gohabsgo::habslogo::gohabsgo:

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, DON said:

A 3rd round match up with Leafs would be quite something!

Holy shit would it ever!!!  It's gonna take a minor miracle, but it would be cool!

The only thing I wish for is for Carey Price to remain healthy!

4 hours ago, DON said:

A 3rd round match up with Leafs would be quite something!

I actually don't think I even thought about the possibility. A lot of Habs fans seem to dread the thought but I'd be fine with it as well, as long as we win. I still prefer they lose round one though. 

Habs - Oil would be a great final. This has to be the most Canadian teams in the playoffs in recent memory. Not only that but seemingly talented teams. This could be the year the cup comes back up north. 

I want no part of a Leafs matchup, for reasons discussed in other threads.

I have only one wish, and that is that Price stay healthy. I'm tired of this group being compromised by injury to their superstar, which has happened for two of the past three years. Let's see what this team can do with #31 in place. That's all I ask.

I would like to wish a GREAT playoffs to ALL you FINE Folks here at Habsworld and Most of all the (too) Long awaited 25th return of Lord Stanley's mug :) GO HABS! GO!!!!! :)

• Upvote 1

Most oddsmakers are putting Montreal 4th most likely to win the cup, at 8% (well above the mean at 6.25%).

You'd think the least likely would be Toronto, with them having to get past Washington and either Pittsburgh or Columbus, but they're only second last at 4%. The Rangers actually have the lowest odds, at 3%.