Game 1 2017 Playoffs Rangers at Habs

DON

2 minutes ago, habscout said:

Ugh.   That backhand shot surprised Price.

And me... :unsure:

Oh well.. outshooting them 9-3,, and playing well. Long series. Just play,. 

I hope Max is ok, after the two hits against Girardi. He looked in pain on the bench.

2 minutes ago, habscout said:

I hope Max is ok, after the two hits against Girardi. He looked in pain on the bench.

Ya ... the last hit attempt looked awkward. 

Our point men shooting wide more often than not is killing us!!!  So many chances squandered; there is lots of traffic in front...you don't have to murder the puck, just make sure it's on net!

Not a great period. Though, if it's 0-0, my post is about how the Habs dominated the first and just need to wait for their chances.

They never seemed to get close to Lundqvist. The Rangers boxed them out nicely, with the exception of netfront stalwarts Ott and Gallagher. 

The Girardi-Pacioretty hit set the tone for the second half of the period. Max got smoked, got up, and got smoked with a reverse hit. He looked hurt and his subsequent shifts stunk. The powerplay really stunk. 

In the second, I'd like to see them keep up on the physical play. They stopped after the Glass goal, and the crowd left the game after the Pacioretty hit. The first period should remove the illusion that many Habs fans and analysts had-that this was an easy series.

Habs were the better team that period, but that freak Glass goal hurts. Pacioretty was our best player by a mile IMHO.

Galy looks a bit confused. We need him to get going, big time.

Lovett, who exactly thought this would be an easy series? Most of us had Habs in 6-7.

5 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

Our point men shooting wide more often than not is killing us!!!  So many chances squandered; there is lots of traffic in front...you don't have to murder the puck, just make sure it's on net!

I agree.  Beaulieu missed the net at least twice.

1 minute ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Habs were the better team that period, but that freak Glass goal hurts. Pacioretty was our best player by a mile IMHO.

Galy looks a bit confused. We need him to get going, big time.

Lovett, who exactly thought this would be an easy series? Most of us had Habs in 6-7.

The vibe I've gotten elsewhere. Puck Daddy had them in five, even though the guy who wrote the article is from Long Island and can't be confused for a Habs homer. Marinaro thought they could win the series in the first period by targeting Kreider. (Though he did his job-I tuned in to the program today). Lots of emphasis on Lundqvist and Price's records versus the opposing teams. I would say overall, the prognosticators picked the Habs 9/10.

9 minutes ago, habscout said:

I agree.  Beaulieu missed the net at least twice.

I imagine the nerves are really jumping out there.. I know mine would be... 

and think how nervous you guys would be if I were out there.. :P

• Upvote 1

Just now, Toronthab said:

I imagine the nerves are really jumping out there.. I know mine would be... 

Yeah good point.  

I'm expecting they'll be settled down for the 2nd period.

27 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Tanner Glass? Seriously?

King is useless.

I'm assuming these are unrelated comments as King wasn't even on the ice for the goal.  It was Byron who forgot to cover Glass on the faceoff.

13 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

Hmm...seems there are game comments going on both here and in the series thread....

I've moved the ones from the series thread in here.  That thread is basically for non game day stuff, lines discussion, etc.

16 minutes ago, habscout said:

Yeah good point.  

I'm expecting they'll be settled down for the 2nd period.

They played a good period. And the fluke goal tensed them up. 

Rangers are looser.. pressing to increase the lead.. 

From tight to tighter.. that goal really didn't help.