Game 1 2017 Playoffs Rangers at Habs

DON

6 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Its chicken shit hockey.

Afraid to give up a chance, so we can't put our skilled player on. 

I don't give a rat's ass about his defensive issues, he's one guy, and Price covers most of the mistakes.  Get a guy with skill who can score on the ice. 

If you recall Julien did the same thing against us with Kessel, when kessel first came up.  The bruins couldn't score until julien finally put kessel in.

when MT was hired, I was worried the hiring would cost us Subban.  When they hired Julien, I was worried about galchenyuk.  So far that's how it's playing out.

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

Montreal's fourth line is an odd trio but it seems to be working.  Galchenyuk can have the puck on his stick more often and Martinsen and Ott are doing well mixing it up along the boards.

Whose galchenyuk supposed to pass to that can actually finish???

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

Montreal's fourth line is an odd trio but it seems to be working.  Galchenyuk can have the puck on his stick more often and Martinsen and Ott are doing well mixing it up along the boards.

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

one game in and I'm already p.o'd at the officiating. The Danault penalty was called by an official with his back turned 45 degrees to the call. Ranger player more or less jumped over the stick and fell. What crap again. Watched a lot of the Ottawa game and the non calls against Boston were staggering

Just now, hab29RETIRED said:
2 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

1 minute ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Preach brother. 

Say it again.. Cause its correct. 

5 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

It's time to say fark it and put #27 onto line 2...now is not the time to send the kid a message. 

Hey it's a process don't you know???  If we lose he'll learn his lesson - it's all part of the process!!!

I can't believe we started the playoffs by NOT scoring one single goal!  their shots were so easy...they made Lundquist look like a god out there!

And for a note of sanity....

I watched that whole game and the Rags were very, very lucky to get a win. 

I'd walk away from this one disappointed that we couldn't light the lamp but NY is not the better team. If we keep the effort and work levels high, I very much like our chances.

Go Habs Go! Dig deep!

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, zumpano21 said:

And for a note of sanity....

I watched that whole game and the Rags were very, very lucky to get a win. 

I'd walk away from this one disappointed that we couldn't light the lamp but NY is not the better team. If we keep the effort and work levels high, I very much like our chances.

Go Habs Go! Dig deep!

Atta boy!

what did everyone think of the CBC announcing? Was Romanuk missed that much to encourage his return from exile from Europe. Thought the broadcasting team had a pro NY bias (or do they just favour whomever is leading). At least we didn't have to listen to Bob Cole who blundered his way through parts of the Ottawa game

Went to a buddies house to watch the game who happens to be a hardcore rangers fan.

The game started out pretty wild and then they got that fluke goal and just shut it down. Was pretty awkward watching after that, buddy didn't even chirp me after the game, must of felt pity for me lol.

On to the next one

Go Habs Go!!!

Guest Stogey24
28 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Its chicken shit hockey.

Afraid to give up a chance, so we can't put our skilled player on. 

I don't give a rat's ass about his defensive issues, he's one guy, and Price covers most of the mistakes.  Get a guy with skill who can score on the ice. 

I'm not saying Julien is a bad coach, but I said it from the beginning... Young player having a tough go, gets the shaft for a vet ( King).  it's old school coaching at its finest. 

I feel like this has to happen

Pax Plek Shaw

Lehk Danault Radu

Byron Chucky Gally

Martinsen Ott Mitchell

Marky Weber

Emelin Petry

Davidson Benn

Having Pacioretty Radulov and Galchenyuk on 3 separate lines. Rolling three 2nd lines essentially.

Beaulieu & Nesterov need to sit and watch. The game was too fast for them. King needs to be starved for minutes. If he doesn't get hungry. Let him sit his way to a pto or europe next July. Martinsen is 200% more effective than King is. Get Mitchell in and have a RH faceoff option.

9 minutes ago, nihilz said:

I feel like this has to happen

Pax Plek Shaw

Lehk Danault Radu

Byron Chucky Gally

Martinsen Ott Mitchell

Marky Weber

Emelin Petry

Davidson Benn

Having Pacioretty Radulov and Galchenyuk on 3 separate lines. Rolling three 2nd lines essentially.

Beaulieu & Nesterov need to sit and watch. The game was too fast for them. King needs to be starved for minutes. If he doesn't get hungry. Let him sit his way to a pto or europe next July. Martinsen is 200% more effective than King is. Get Mitchell in and have a RH faceoff option.

^that

Anyone undestand why they kept putting Nesterov and Beaulieu with the 4th line on the ice ?

They were killed and spend MINUTES in our zone, gave TONS of scoring chances and the momentum to the Rag$ during the 2nd period.

But they kept playing those 5 together for a few other shifts after...  Unbelievable !

Max was excellent. Lehkonen too, and Weber and, of course, Price. Radu had moments but lacked puck support. In fact, puck support was lacking in the O-zone all night. The Habs had too many FWs who were too slow, and that secondary scoring that's made the difference so often this season - the Byrons, the Danaults - did zip.

I'm totally with Commandant and the rest of you on Galy. All night the announcers were praising the fourth line. First, they ignored the shifts where those guys were hemmed in their own zone for long stretches. But second, those guys CAN'T SCORE. This team has zero margin of maneouvre when it comes to offence, and simply cannot afford the luxury of playing head games with its most talented FW (who was crap tonight). 

I'm not enough of a hockey tactician to break it down, but the Rags dominated the last two periods. This suggests to me that AV made successful adjustments and Julien did not. I've long said that Vigneault is the top francophone coach in the game, and it looked that way tonight.

The good news is that net-crashing was at a minimum. This game sure didn't soothe my ongoing unease, though, that the Habs got bigger and slower at a time when speed and quickness count for more than ever.

Guest Stogey24
1 minute ago, DON said:

Really? Why?

It sets the tone. Especially on the road. Quiet the crowd down, bring some momentum your way, create some doubt.  Pretty self explanatory. 

Two years ago, when Habs were in playoffs; every series seemed like the first team to score, won the game. 

Those are all true. 

There is also the whole idea of having a 1-0 lead in what is a low scoring time of year. 

Best case scenario... the next goal gives you a 2 goal lead.... Worst case, even if you give up the next goal, you are merely back to even. 

Of course the team that scores first wins over 70% of games. 

22 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

Ya, Plekanec as our #1 centre. Genius 

As much as it hurts to admit it. Tomas Plekanec is still this teams best all around center. He doesn't have Danault's speed and tenacity, but he has a poise and experience Danault lacks. Plek and Shaw had some nice chemistry down the stretch. Let Danult dig for Radulov and have Lehkonen shoot everything he touches. Get chucky back at center and have Byron and Gally Buzzing around letting Alex find the soft area's for one timers. Right now, I'd ride those three second lines. The 3 guns seperated and chemistry how you see fit. Regardless they need an offensive threat on the ice every shift. The chances are going to be slim and margins tight. They're no Malkin Crosby & Kessel, but it has to be the same philosophy.

1 hour ago, miklin said:

what did everyone think of the CBC announcing? Was Romanuk missed that much to encourage his return from exile from Europe. Thought the broadcasting team had a pro NY bias (or do they just favour whomever is leading). At least we didn't have to listen to Bob Cole who blundered his way through parts of the Ottawa game

Is funny, I was watching on NBC and ferarro noticed zucherello was mad about being hit, so he stuck the knee out on Gallagher. That looked like what happened to me. I switched over to anti hab network, and Galley comments on the identical play saying the exact opposite. It's amazing. Romonuk is ok, but I can't stand galley. Ferarro and mike Johnson are superior and not employed by the sportsnet hype machine