Game 1 2017 Playoffs Rangers at Habs

DON

4 minutes ago, brobin said:

Pleks truly is useless. He is soft on the puck and does nothing. Chucky is really playing to get traded and a shitty contract.

I've been thinking about players like Galchenyuk that always seem to get a bad rap for defensive play. Every coach wants them to be something they are not. But has a coach ever told a player like Bryan Flynn "I need you to score 20 goals this year or else?"

3 minutes ago, Lovett's Magnatones said:

I've been thinking about players like Galchenyuk that always seem to get a bad rap for defensive play. Every coach wants them to be something they are not. But has a coach ever told a player like Bryan Flynn "I need you to score 20 goals this year or else?"

Excellent point LM !

• Upvote 1

Guest Stogey24
4 minutes ago, Lovett's Magnatones said:

Defense is teachable, skill isn't 

3 times this period i thought the rangers should have been called for icing and they let it go. 

Oh and there is dwight king getting the great chance in the slot.  Glad its him and not Chuck shooting that. 

1 minute ago, Chris said:

Not dwight king's fault

I didn't say it was his fault.  I said (sarcastically) that I'm glad he was in the position to take the shot instead of chucky. 

The clear implication is against the person who put him in that spot. 

Guest Stogey24
Just now, Toronthab said:

More fun when we're winning. That first fluke shot set up the whole psychology of the game 

100%

Guest Stogey24

If the team is traumatized 10 minutes in after a goal, this series is over

It changes everything. First goal in the playoffs is huge 

They are not traumatized... its just the same problem we've seen time and again, this year and previous years.  Not enough skill to finish the plays they make. 

First game jitters.. tripping over your feet.. we all do it. 

Then the Rangers thought.. why not win the series here tonight and came out gangbusters.