HABS VS RANGERS PLAYOFFS GAME 2 THREAD FRIDAY APRIL 14TH @ 7PM

xXx..CK..xXx

2 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

They lose this game, it's pretty much over. 

I know. And like I said earlier in the thread, this is a key moment in the Bergevin era. We go down here, it becomes hard to credit any claim that this core are at all serious challengers for the Cup.

Just now, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I know. And like I said earlier in the thread, this is a key moment in the Bergevin era. We go down here, it becomes hard to credit any claim that we are at all serious challengers for the Cup.

His shiteous effort at the deadline should loom large. 

2 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

His shiteous effort at the deadline should loom large. 

I could go on a rant here about Bergevin, but there's 20 minutes left to save the season. Let's see if these bums can regroup and come back before pulling out the pitchforks.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Stogey24 said:

What a stupid penalty 

Second one of that nature for Radulov in this game.  Maybe he's sitting too close to Nate on the bench, and the Low IQ is rubbing off on him?

12 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Can this really be it...? The Bergevin era up in smoke?

I wouldn't be prepared to go there yet if they lose this.  When I picked the series outcome (Habs in 7), it was with the expectation that each team was going to get two wins on the road.  New York is a better road team than a home one so I need to see how a Game 3 on the road would go for the Habs before really making that type of call.

Guest Stogey24
6 minutes ago, Chris said:

They are toast. 

They can't score, defend or win battles. 

The core vanishes in the playoffs

It's the mistakes. 

If you can't score many goals, you better be able to play shut down, mistake free hockey. Your toast if you can't do either...

4 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

1 minute ago, Habber said:

Where is our Captain? Wakey, wakey Maxie!!

I don't want to add my usual Max boilerplate, but he was 1v1 (on the PK) in the offensive zone, even with the defender and instead of dropping his shoulder and going to the net he fired a 40 foot wrister. He's got 5 shots. Does anybody remember them?

I commented on Beaulieu's self centred attitude last game and I think tonight is reinforcing my thoughts. I never could see what MB saw in him based on watching him for a while in Hamilton. Offensive defenseman who needs a stay at home partner to cover his mistakes. He has no use as an offensive D man any longer. And is Max thinking too hard?

Just now, Lovett's Magnatones said:

I don't want to add my usual Max boilerplate, but he was 1v1 (on the PK) in the offensive zone, even with the defender and instead of dropping his shoulder and going to the net he fired a 40 foot wrister. He's got 5 shots. Does anybody remember them?

I remember a 40 foot wrister while on the PK.

20 minutes left in the season for this team.. 

Before the playoffs for the first time since hockey pools started to my I didn't choose any habs.

Absolutely guts me out since being a lifelong fan.

The other team I didn't choose any players was St Louis.

Reasons:

1. Montreal and St Louis are the only 2 teams in playoffs that don't have one single C over 50 points.

2. Danault..as your first line centre simply won't make you a contender ( awesome 3 Rd line C with a contender) 

3. Shaw at C ?

4. The only player that is a C and avg per points total to get over 50 pts plus.. Is on 4 th line winger

5. Bergeron goes and year after year guts slow , 4th liners well documented everywhere. He over pays in contract and in trade ( Shaw...etc...)

6. I stated on Weber. Great on winning teams with great players.  On a contending team that would take team over top to win it all. It's not in MTL

7. Not playing young players with skill or limiting them or buried in the AHL. 

Look around the league and the young players all around ( granted they are high picks with teams that have been basement dwellers for years .) But they found a sound team to bring pieces together..  KEY " BEST" regardless of their ethnicities.. ( no need to state which teams. Here..obvious )

8. World has changed.. One has to go with philosophy of going with best possible team in management and coaching.  So what happens Julien gets fired and Vigneault gets rehired .. Its a vicious circle recycle all because of have to being French speaking.

So MB gets fired.. Who they go get : Carbonneau..get my point?

9. This team is reactive. Pacs, et al.. Look lost and confused.

After the second goal. Cameras zoomed in on Price. His eyes said it all. I see it that he lost something.. Like he knows this team isn't good enough 

Now what:

Trade more draft picks for Shaw type players and Lose opportunity to get the top OHL scorer that habs could have drafted?

Shaw worked in Chicago because they had Kane and Toews and all.

Weber works in National team for same reason.

They take a team over the top that already have the high end talent.

This team doesn't. You are only as strong as your middle..

DANAULT

PLEKANEC

SHAW

OTT

Doesn't cut it. Not even close.

This team is on a downward spiral in few years they will be the basement dwellers.  Ditch the got to have French speaking requisite to coach / manage team. 

It they do and are the best qualified. Great if not. Pick the best

And rebuild and start to regroup. 

Or else this team will be ” pretend contenders ) finishing in the 5 to 12 spot. Perhaps win a round and make playoffs most of the time.

If in today's hockey works. It's a business..fine..

But you need strong scouts..management and build .

Take a look at the trades in past this team has made..many used to be high draft picks or some sort of pedigree. But have underachieved. 

I can list the names during off season on this topic.

Well let's hope for the so called comebacks from the regular season where they led the league in comebacks.

Perhaps they can tie it up. Hoping the do.

But the issues are there..

Let's pull for the win..20 minutes to go :)

• Upvote 1