HABS @ RANGERS GAME 4 ROUND 1 PLAYOFFS TUESDAY APRIL 18th @ 7PM

xXx..CK..xXx

4 minutes ago, Lovett's Magnatones said:

He got 35 goals with the centers on the roster.

And in the playoffs the Rangers have put together a strategy to deny him the puck.  

When you play three/four different teams in a week, its one thing.  When you play the same team 7 times in two weeks (and have 3-4 days minimum to prepare for them before the start of the series), defenses get specialized.  Danault is always open in this series cause no one is worried about Danault, and they are shading extra d towards Max.  They've even given Radulov more room, and Radulov has taken advantage.

7 minutes ago, sim.on said:

Why? IMHO Beaulieu has been playing some strong and steady hockey in the playoffs so far.

Hmmm, I think you are in minority on that. 3rd pairing has been scary and Beaulieu was the worse of that duo yesterday. But, Davidson does have one funky skating stride.

I think the series is going pretty much as predicted ...Really we need to accept that this is our team - warts and all..

so far our boys have done well.  The rangers are well coached and no push-overs.  I find this is like a chess match between CJ and AV.  Both coaches are making adjustments/moves on the fly and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.  Looks like this series is going 7 games.

Playoff Negatives so far.

1)  Beaulieu doesn't look like he will be around next year. He certainly is playing his way off this team.

2) MAX is playing hurt...but there is no way CJ can move him off the top line 

3) Shaw seems to have disappeared

4) Nesty should never see ice-time again

Playoff Positives

1) The Price is right

2) Weber is a beast

3) Gally and Arturi are playing solid hockey.. AND Plex is actually contributing (i mean... this is the playoff and he's not invisible !!!l That has to be a positive) 

4) Danault (while NOT A #1C) is worth his weight in gold (remember he is being ASKED to play on top line...).  I think he doesn't get the credit he deserves...not to long ago we used to have DD as our #!C)

5) Radulov is playing like wants to stay here...which may be the best "positive" of all...

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Commandant said:

And in the playoffs the Rangers have put together a strategy to deny him the puck.  

When you play three/four different teams in a week, its one thing.  When you play the same team 7 times in two weeks (and have 3-4 days minimum to prepare for them before the start of the series), defenses get specialized.  Danault is always open in this series cause no one is worried about Danault, and they are shading extra d towards Max.  They've even given Radulov more room, and Radulov has taken advantage.

It must feel like a dumb broad defending an abusive boyfriend at this point. He's a vet now. Doesn't get it done in the playoffs*. Simple as that. It's not personal, or an indictment of his character, but the playoffs aren't his style of game. There are no dead zones for him.

Edit: Or for his country, per avatar

3 hours ago, DON said:

Hmmm, I think you are in minority on that. 3rd pairing has been scary and Beaulieu was the worse of that duo yesterday. But, Davidson does have one funky skating stride.

Third pairing was terrible in games 1 and 2 but I think that was mostly on Nesterov. I am liking Beaulieu better than Davidson and I think the coaches see him that way as well which is why they are giving him the tougher assignment of playing on his off side.

2 hours ago, THE Bobby Orr said:

I think the series is going pretty much as predicted ...Really we need to accept that this is our team - warts and all..

so far our boys have done well.  The rangers are well coached and no push-overs.  I find this is like a chess match between CJ and AV.  Both coaches are making adjustments/moves on the fly and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.  Looks like this series is going 7 games.

Playoff Negatives so far.

1)  Beaulieu doesn't look like he will be around next year. He certainly is playing his way off this team.

2) MAX is playing hurt...but there is no way CJ can move him off the top line 

3) Shaw seems to have disappeared

4) Nesty should never see ice-time again

Playoff Positives

1) The Price is right

2) Weber is a beast

3) Gally and Arturi are playing solid hockey.. AND Plex is actually contributing (i mean... this is the playoff and he's not invisible !!!l That has to be a positive) 

4) Danault (while NOT A #1C) is worth his weight in gold (remember he is being ASKED to play on top line...).  I think he doesn't get the credit he deserves...not to long ago we used to have DD as our #!C)

5) Radulov is playing like wants to stay here...which may be the best "positive" of all...

I think you expressed it well when you said that THIS is our team. We want it to be what it can't be. And your positives and negatives cover the situation well.

23 minutes ago, Toronthab said:

I think you expressed it well when you said that THIS is our team. We want it to be what it can't be. And your positives and negatives cover the situation well.

thanks TO  (btw i love your city...just not the team)...

sometimes there's lots of negative energy here...and also a lot of kool-aid drinkers.  Bottom line...we are in a dogfight.. so is every other team.  

• Upvote 2

Thanks.. but when people ask me where I was born I always say. "Montreal, thank God.".. TO ain't no Montreal.. But it beats a lot of places for sure.

Its a fun series to watch for sure.

54 minutes ago, sim.on said:

Third pairing was terrible in games 1 and 2 but I think that was mostly on Nesterov. I am liking Beaulieu better than Davidson and I think the coaches see him that way as well which is why they are giving him the tougher assignment of playing on his off side.

At times Beaulieu looks good...at times.

From HabsWorld writer on the game;

However, turnovers continued to haunt the Canadiens, the first of which was another turnover by the normally reliable Benn when he fanned on a point shot that sent the Rangers the other way on a three on one break that Price and some sloppy passing by New York nullified.  Nathan Beaulieu then fulfilled his average of at least one egregious turnover per game by coughing up the puck to Nash in his own end.  Nash went in on Price untouched and Price bailed out Beaulieu on the play…again.  

54 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

It's sounding Like Emelin will play tomorrow. That could be good or bad, depending on what Emelin we get 

I think having our leading hit producer back in the lineup during arguably the most physical series in the playoffs will be a good thing for that alone. He also seems to play well on the big stage so I am less worried about how he played pre injury. He's a step up from Beaulieu or Davidson at this point imo

33 minutes ago, illWill said:

I think having our leading hit producer back in the lineup during arguably the most physical series in the playoffs will be a good thing for that alone. He also seems to play well on the big stage so I am less worried about how he played pre injury. He's a step up from Beaulieu or Davidson at this point imo

sure...as long as they have someone reminding him of three things every 2-3 minutes --- that he's playing in the 5th game of the playoffs, the score, and what period it is...then fine

7 hours ago, THE Bobby Orr said:

sure...as long as they have someone reminding him of three things every 2-3 minutes --- that he's playing in the 5th game of the playoffs, the score, and what period it is...then fine

and which way the  Rags goal is.

14 hours ago, Stogey24 said:

It's sounding Like Emelin will play tomorrow. That could be good or bad, depending on what Emelin we get 

Just gotta hope it will be the good version and that he dosent try and do too much.

3 hours ago, DON said:

Just gotta hope it will be the good version and that he dosent try and do too much.

He just needs to knock some guys on their ass and get the puck out of our end. Maybe he could nail Nash a time or 2 this would be good.

Guest Stogey24
17 hours ago, Commandant said:

I get the feeling that if Max just gets one to go in for him, he'll go on a hot streak. 

Golfing? 

20 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

Golfing? 

Did that hurt?

Not recommended to leap off bandwagon before the fat lady is singing, could be a lot of hockey left sir!

But still humorous.:clap: