Game 6 - Montreal Canadiens vs. New York Rangers | April 22nd, 2017 | 8:00 EST

Habsfan84

The year is 2021. Bergevin has circumvented the legality and ethics of cloning, and has populated the entire team with Philip Danault's. 

There is zero personality or dynamic offensive skill on the team, and the Habs win and lose all of their games by the score of 2-1.

Don nods in approval.

fin

• Upvote 2

Just now, Stogey24 said:

I'm so ####in pissed. We lose because we can't score. That's on Beregvin. 

I am angrier at MB right now than I can recall being at anyone in the Habs organization in years. This failure is 100% ON HIM. His failure to improve the team one iota in three years is inexcusable. He had a good hand and completely misplayed it. A joke of a GM.

Just now, Lovett's Magnatones said:

it's time to give the C to Weber.

What the heck?

Max/Chucky/Hudon

Simmonds/Couturier?

They went out like they came in. A bunch of smallish try-hards that didn't have the talent and didn't have the talent in the right places. Can this team win with Chucky and Max as their nucleus? I don't think so. I wanted to forward corp to be blown up a year or so ago, and I think that's what is going to happen.

Damn right it's time to rip the C off Max's chest at the very least.  Joe Thornton got stripped of his C for similar reasons.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Seriously though. 

Molson needs to fire MB.  After the ray the handle did galchenyuk since he's been drafted, it was finally an admission by julien that galchenyuk was the best option in the most critical situation of the year.  To bad they destroyed his confidence before finally throwing him out there.

i would love Subban to win the cup this year.  Maybe Molson will finally wake up and fire that bum MB.  I've been complaining about dumb and dumber since the way they first handled subban 5 years ago.  I haven't seen any progress by this team since their first year and if you ask me, we are weaker now than we were after subban's Norris winning year.

• Upvote 1

Trade Price for an offensive stud.

better build a great consistent offence first and hope for luck in a young goalie to emerge as a good number one.

building from goal out is a failed strategy from the old days. Fast skilled offence is the new nhl.

and I am not bashing price, I just feel this team needs a new plan.

It's making me sick watching the panel making this "Lundquvist outplayed Price" as the big story.  No, the number one big story is the bum captain and supposed big scorer did not score a single goddamned goal, and the supposed up and coming sniper didn't score a single goal either.  WTF!!!!

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

The year is 2021. Bergevin has circumvented the legality and ethics of cloning, and has populated the entire team with Philip Danault's. 

There is zero personality or dynamic offensive skill on the team, and the Habs win and lose all of their games by the score of 2-1.

Don nods in approval.

fin

I needed that laugh. Thanks, bro:lol:

I suspect casperetty is hurt. So I don't blame him, but my God I am annoyed right now. Radulov is a hell of a playmaker. The no number one centre thing doesn't fly with me. Nazlund and Bertuzzi were amazing with 3 rd line Morrison at centre. 

one thing we can all mutually agree on is that Marc Bergevin has let us down as a General Manager. PK Subban is laughing somewhere tonight and I am so happy that he is. He was NOT the problem. He was a real LEADER and embraced CHARACTER in the dressing room. I am not sitting here bashing Shea Weber but that could be one of the worst trades in franchise history. Bergevin must have been using an analytics algorithm hoping these players would pan out. Flynn, Mitchell, Danault (not his fault for being put in a role he wasn't meant to play), Davidson, Ott, Martinsen. The only plus side is Radulov but who knows what he's going to do after having the season he did. I would say this team needs to implode and build from the ground up. Players like Bryon and Lehkonen are terrific positives for the future but we have to figure out what to do with Gallagher and Chucky before they regress. Major decisions need to happen this offseason. 

Just now, l<OV4L3V said:

one thing we can all mutually agree on is that Marc Bergevin has let us down as a General Manager. PK Subban is laughing somewhere tonight and I am so happy that he is. He was NOT the problem. He was a real LEADER and embraced CHARACTER in the dressing room. I am not sitting here bashing Shea Weber but that could be one of the worst trades in franchise history. Bergevin must have been using an analytics algorithm hoping these players would pan out. Flynn, Mitchell, Danault (not his fault for being put in a role he wasn't meant to play), Davidson, Ott, Martinsen. The only plus side is Radulov but who knows what he's going to do after having the season he did. I would say this team needs to implode and build from the ground up. Players like Bryon and Lehkonen are terrific positives for the future but we have to figure out what to do with Gallagher and Chucky before they regress. Major decisions need to happen this offseason. 

2nd worst trade.  Worst was Roy.

Just now, Habsfan1989 said:

Well I guess pk wasn't the problem after all. Trade max, Alex, and plek.

WHAT?!? PK WASN'T THE PROBLEM?!? But...but...CHARACTER. LEADERSHIP. 

:angry::angry::angry:

FIRE BERGEVIN. NOW.

• Upvote 1

Time to get rid of Bergevin I'm tired of his constant tinkering with the bottom 6 forwards and the bottom pair d.  This team has needed offense and mobility on the blue line and year after year he goes after band aids and scraps.  The player development under his watch has a been pathetic just look at Lehkonen the only guy that looks good and it's because he was developed in Europe.  Too many failures under his watch guys look confused, lost, scared to make a mistake.

Just now, l<OV4L3V said:

repeating myself...the Radulov signing was blind luck on MBs part...it was just more bargain hunting, sometimes you find a gem in the bargain bin...

6 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

2nd worst trade.  Worst was Roy.

Listen, Weber was excellent for us. The trade is not a disaster on that scale. It just made us four years older for absolutely no reason. 

I had to laugh as everyone kept hoping Weber would get some bombs through to Lundqvist. This is EXACTLY what happened with Subban in 2015 against Bishop. In neither case was the player the problem, rather the supporting cast is inadequate. The trade so transparently failed to make the team better, it's almost funny. Like blowing up your house and building an exact duplicate - a ton of sound and fury signifying less than nothing. Meanwhile the house still has holes in the roof and a cracked foundation. 

No goal from patch and Chuck is the big story.  

Chucky could not win any battles, he looked scared out there.

That said I still think this is the best Hab team we've had in 25 years. It's too bad it coulden't come together. A bounce here or there and it could have been different.

The Canadiens looked SO good at time in this series but game 3 was the only one where they played a complete 60.

Not enough desperation.    

3 minutes ago, THE Bobby Orr said:

i guess i'm gonna root for the oilers...have some friends out there...why not

I am cheering whole heartedly for Nashville and for the gifted, charismatic player that Dumb and Dumber decided was THE problem with their farce of an organization.Those f**king dumbasses should have looked in the mirror.

4 minutes ago, THE Bobby Orr said:

repeating myself...the Radulov signing was blind luck on MBs part...it was just more bargain hunting, sometimes you find a gem in the bargain bin...

you're likely bang on with this comment, it was Weber influencing Radu knowing how hopeless of a team he had surrounding him hoping he could boost the team, which he did. Imagine the Canadiens without Radulov this season? But at the same point, it's hindsight 20/20. You get rid of Subban who could have been an all star D man for several more seasons than #6, Weber has maximum 2 good seasons left in him. 

2 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Listen, Weber was excellent for us. The trade is not a disaster on that scale. It just made us four years older for absolutely no reason. 

I had to laugh as everyone kept hoping Weber would get some bombs through to Lundqvist. This is EXACTLY what happened with Subban in 2015 against Bishop. In neither case was the player the problem, rather the supporting cast is inadequate. The trade so transparently failed to make the team better, it's almost funny. Like blowing up your house and building an exact duplicate - a ton of sound and fury signifying less than nothing. Meanwhile the house still has holes in the roof and a cracked foundation. 

exactly...and this series exposed the same ####ing holes that were exposed in the tampa series...its like out GM is stupid...seriously.  I just don't get it.  anyway Web was fine..