Game 6 - Montreal Canadiens vs. New York Rangers | April 22nd, 2017 | 8:00 EST

Habsfan84

3 minutes ago, Lovett's Magnatones said:

That's a good point. Jumbo Joe is available. Wait...

LMAO....so you wanna get Joe, have him center Patches and another guy who can't get it done in big games, and put together some sort of Playoff Futility Superline?

:lol:

1 minute ago, Chris said:

habsretired, Subban was not elite this year, he was solid, 

He was injured.  I wouldn't call webe elite this year either - 1st half sure. 2nd half average 

1 minute ago, Trizzak said:

There is only one Bergevin excuse:

"The team did not show enough character this year."

and then he will trade a 2nd round pick for Jordin Tootoo.

:lol: Sounds about right

Guest Stogey24
26 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

I suspect casperetty is hurt. So I don't blame him, but my God I am annoyed right now. Radulov is a hell of a playmaker. The no number one centre thing doesn't fly with me. Nazlund and Bertuzzi were amazing with 3 rd line Morrison at centre. 

I'm sorry, but that Caspertty is pretty good 

2 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

If they breeze through Sens, and Caps or Pens come out of a 7 game war with multiple injuries, they certainly could.

rangers are not 4 lines deep, but lets take this time to thank cowboy Bob Gainey for trading Ryan Mcdonagh for Scott Gomez. :clap:

Just now, Commandant said:

Off-season Plan

1) 6x6 for Radulov
2) Order the coach to put Galchenyuk at Centre and don't #### around with it. Look you arent winning without a centre, you just aren't.  He's your only hope of having one. 
3) Add a draft pick if you have to, ensure that Vegas takes Plekanec
4) Sign Shipachyov.  If he won't sign in Montreal, it is what it is.  But if he signs elsewhere its cause he took less money to do so.  You make sure that your offer is the best one on his table. 
5) Trade Emelin at 50% retained, or buy him out. 
6) Draft Centres with 3/4 picks in the first three rounds, including the first rounder.
7) Sign Price Long Term.

#7 is #1.

If Price won't re-sign long term, you might as well trade everyone over the age of 27 and start over. No other player on the team is worth building around. 

Just now, Trizzak said:

#7 is #1.

If Price won't re-sign long term, you might as well trade everyone over the age of 27 and start over. No other player on the team is worth building around. 

I went in chronological order, not priority. 

3 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Off-season Plan

1) 6x6 for Radulov
2) Order the coach to put Galchenyuk at Centre and don't #### around with it. Look you arent winning without a centre, you just aren't.  He's your only hope of having one. 
4) Sign Shipachyov.  If he won't sign in Montreal, it is what it is.  But if he signs elsewhere its cause he took less money to do so.  You make sure that your offer is the best one on his table. 
6) Draft Centres with 3/4 picks in the first three rounds, including the first rounder.
7) Sign Price Long Term.

Seems like solid thinking. We may also need an upgrade on N8, who I firmly believe will not be a Hab next season.

1 minute ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Seems like solid thinking. We may also need an upgrade on N8, who I firmly believe will not be a Hab next season.

Looking around the NHL, Sergachev is on this team next year. 

I should add re-sign Markov. 

MB has taken a lot of heat tonight. I'm pushing against the grain here (and risking certain blowback).

If we had gotten Duchene, there's very little chance he would have made a sizeable difference. It would have been guaranteed however that we would have paid through the nose to get him and incurred serious damage to our ability to retool or rebuild.

The Habs are essentially a value investment operation. I have every inclination that MB operates under this premise as well. We still have plenty of draft picks in our pocket and a means to unload unfavourable contracts. He did not sell us out for a low probability chance at glory.

If you don't know Benjamin Graham yet, I suggest you get his book - The Intelligent Investor. It's basically taught Buffet everything he knows. I'll leave you with a Graham quote very much relevant to our situation.

An investment operation is one which, upon thorough analysis, promises safety of principal and an adequate return. Operations not meeting these requirements are purely speculative.

Just now, THE Bobby Orr said:

interesting to see who he is paired with tho...

We're talking about replacing Beaulieu, so I'm assuming to start him on the third pair.  He may move up as the season goes along, but he can start with Benn. 

2 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Looking around the NHL, Sergachev is on this team next year. 

I should add re-sign Markov. 

Did Sergachev's defense improve enough this year though?

7 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Off-season Plan

1) 6x6 for Radulov
7) Sign Price Long Term.

This is the best post I've read all day.