Game 6 - Montreal Canadiens vs. New York Rangers | April 22nd, 2017 | 8:00 EST

Habsfan84

Well that's that.

Feels bad man but we just did not have enough skill upfront and New York benefited from some extra luck their way.

It'll be interesting to see what happens in the off season. I thought our two off season players Weber and Radulov were our best players by a large margin that's including Price.

Hope we can get stronger down the middle next year as others have pointed out.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, habs rule said:

better than mcguire the mouth.

just saying....but Vincent Damphousse does strike me as a smart man...with good hockey IQ...a solid Hab, and he was a good captain, has a SC under his belt (our last one) - at this point i would swap him out with MB in a minute.

I don't see how anyone could believe that a few tweaks and this team is a Stanley Cup contender.

It's time to face facts that this team built by Bergevin has past its potential to be a Cup contender. Could have been should have been won't be.

Time to trade everyone good and start from scratch. But first! Fire Bergevin.

8 hours ago, Commandant said:

Off-season Plan

1) 6x6 for Radulov
2) Order the coach to put Galchenyuk at Centre and don't #### around with it. Look you arent winning without a centre, you just aren't.  He's your only hope of having one. 
3) Add a draft pick if you have to, ensure that Vegas takes Plekanec
4) Sign Shipachyov.  If he won't sign in Montreal, it is what it is.  But if he signs elsewhere its cause he took less money to do so.  You make sure that your offer is the best one on his table.

5) Re-Sign Markov 
6) Trade Emelin at 50% retained, or buy him out. 
7) Draft Centres with 3/4 picks in the first three rounds, including the first rounder.
8) Sign Price Long Term.

I put Price resign a bit higher and I would add Dadonov along with Shipachyov. Gun for the 2 of 'em who knows?

Time for Bergevin to go.

The mess he made of this team and the sheer desperation moves were too much.

He clearly started the season with a sub-par squad. Made too many moves come trade deadline. Even trading his coach.

How can you have confidence in a program and then blow it up come trade deadline. You were THAT wrong in your roster development!?

Trade Eller to keep DD to keep Chucky at wing. Overpaid Plek. Danault our most responsible center!?

Dress Flynn Davidson and McCarron in an elimination game!? King is still dressed?!? Clode would rather switch up the back of the roster than start Chucky #1 center when it matters!?!

If Bergy isn't fired, im going into hibernation, until the organization has the balls to blow it up and stop with the bandaids, jargon and hyperbole.

8 hours ago, THE Bobby Orr said:

if they fire MB ...big IF....i think ownership is going to look at a different organizational model; GM-by-committee ??? 

Not if they paid even cursory attention to what happened in Florida this year. Flat hierarchies don't work. It's new aged BS, like Tesla or advanced stats.

Just some random thoughts:

Price - I can't believe how much hate there is for this guy around the various hockey forums. He may not have won us the series but he sure as hell didn't loose us the series. Trade him? Are you kidding me?

Patches - He may have to go. Not because of his play or lack of scoring but because I think he is the wrong choice for captain. Similar to Jumbo Joe.

Radulov - Sign him...If he had a centre to play with he would have put in many goals.

MB - Molson needs to fire him today. No excuses, He says every year that the loss is on him and you know what Mark? It's time that you paid for your poor decisions. From the deadline to Subban to not addressing our lack of scoring power the entire time you were here. GTFO

Chucky - Not sure if he needs to go or if he needs to be put into a role and leave him there. His use has been erratic and I can see why his confidence must be in the crapper. Or perhaps CJ knows that the kid is short on compete level. I don't know.

Our defense - We need scoring badly but I'm not so confident in our defense either. Beaulieu is currently not top 4 and may not even be top 6. Markov (what a warrior for us) played amazing but should not be used as a #2 any more. I would like him resigned but he should be used as a #4 or #5. Maybe Markov and Benn? We need someone with speed to play with Weber. Is Emelin going to play with Petry or can we hope he is gone?

I'm disappointed that we lost but I just hope Molson steps up and fire MB. We need some things done and i don't want more of MB crap.

Funny how 90%+ picked Habs to beat Rangers...I assume because they thought Habs had a better team, or key players than the Rangers, who are a solid team as well and Vegas had Habs as slight favourite and NY was not a huge underdog at all.

So it seems only because they didn't meet 90%+ of fans expectations in one series, mostly due to a hot Ranger goalie who didn't let in any soft goals and stopped key breakaways, that all of a sudden the team needs to be blown up?:wall:

• Upvote 2

I cannot believe the extent of the "Price got outplayed" narrative in the media.  Are you freaking kidding me?!  The three most glaring problems with the team, as clearly illustrated by that series, are Marc Bergevin (for failing to put quality centers in this lineup), Max Pacioretty for being a complete no-show as usual when needed most, and Galchenyuk/Bealieu not being where they should be at this stage of their careers.

Carey Price is the only reason this team was able to masquerade as a 100+ point potential contender for much of the season.

16 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

I cannot believe the extent of the "Price got outplayed" narrative in the media.  Are you freaking kidding me?!  The three most glaring problems with the team, as clearly illustrated by that series, are Marc Bergevin (for failing to put quality centers in this lineup), Max Pacioretty for being a complete no-show as usual when needed most, and Galchenyuk/Bealieu not being where they should be at this stage of their careers.

Carey Price is the only reason this team was able to masquerade as a 100+ point potential contender for much of the season.

Price can be legitinately criticized, NOT for playing poorly, but for not bringing his absolute A game when the team needed it most. It was the same way in 2015 versus Tampa. That said, he is at the very bottom of things this team needs to worry about.

16 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

Well, Price did get outplayed...didn't he? Which goalie stopped key breakaways and didn't let in one soft goal? Let me give you a hint...he is Swedish.

Just now, DON said:

Well, Price did get outplayed...didn't he? Which goalie stopped key breakaways and didn't let in one soft goal? Let me give you a hint...he is Swedish.

To be fair, the Swedish guy had the easier shots to save most of the time.  Price could have upped his save percentage if Useless Max had been firing them dead-center into the crest on his jersey all series long.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

yes sir....and same goes for Weber...in my humble opinion, Web was the best, most consistent player on our team.  When he isn't on the ice, it shows. When he was off for a fighting major, our D was running around, scrambling.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

It's official...they weren't just bad...they were all-time bad:

#Canadiens set new franchise record for the fewest goals in a 6-game playoff series, scoring just 11 times (on 206 SOG for a 5.3 shooting %)

— StatsCentre (@StatsCentre) April 23, 2017

Sure is a good thing we added all that Grit and Leadership

Just now, THE Bobby Orr said:

yes sir....and same goes for Weber...in my humble opinion, Web was the best, most consistent player on our team.  When he isn't on the ice, it shows. When he was off for a fighting major, our D was running around, scrambling.  

Yes, Weber is the team's best position player.

2 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

To be fair, the Swedish guy had the easier shots to save most of the time.  Price could have upped his save percentage if Useless Max had been firing them dead-center into the crest on his jersey all series long.

Got to say, that is one way to look at it and I guess you just cant bring yourself to admit Price was outplayed...for some reason? Maybe because Price being the better goalie was why you (and most, even Vegas?) thought Habs would win the series?:tumbleweed:

32 minutes ago, DON said:

He did. He got outplayed by probably the most consistent goalie of the last decade, but I wouldn't go as far as to say he's a major reason they lost. He kept the Rangers to 12 goals. The theme song of the series should be "Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better." The Rags had an answer for everything. Had they not abandoned their neutral zone trap in Games 2 or 3, it could have been a short series.

16 minutes ago, DON said:

Got to say, that is one way to look at it and I guess you just cant bring yourself to admit Price was outplayed...for some reason? Maybe because Price being the better goalie was why you (and most, even Vegas?) thought Habs would win the series?:tumbleweed:

I'm not saying that Lundqvist didn't play slightly better than Price....I am saying that's a tiny contributor to why this series was lost compared to Captain No-Show's goose egg in the goals department.  Yet the media is beating the Price drum HARD trying to stir up shit...and it's pissing me off. 

• Upvote 1