2016-17 General IceCaps/Beast Discussion Thread

dlbalr

1 minute ago, dlbalr said:

Most teams have them but why do you need to sign one a year ahead of time?  They're a dime a dozen and it's not like Broll's playing so well that they needed to get it done right away.  It would be more prudent to wait and see how the roster shapes up in the offseason and who else may be out there before committing to filling one of those spots now.

Someone obviously must have taken a shine to him and see as a good fit in Laval?

36 minutes ago, DON said:

Someone obviously must have taken a shine to him and see as a good fit in Laval?

I'm sure that's the case but I still don't see why they couldn't have waited until July (or later as teams wouldn't have been lining up to sign him - look no further than how he got to St. John's) to do this.

Josiah Didier has been sent to Brampton.  I was hoping one or two others would go down as well with MacMillan sitting (and I've read Eisenschmid may not be hurt but just a constant scratch now almost as soon as he signed with the Habs).

3 hours ago, dlbalr said:

Josiah Didier has been sent to Brampton.  I was hoping one or two others would go down as well with MacMillan sitting (and I've read Eisenschmid may not be hurt but just a constant scratch now almost as soon as he signed with the Habs).

I'll be sure to forget every name you mention.

good 3-2 comeback win over Wheeling today (goals by Ling-Henry-Auger). Didier and Crisp were throwing their big bodies around. Nice to have Willie Corrin back from the Marlies. Good family day crowd (wondering if Dalton thrower is going to play again this season). Ling got into a yelling match with Nailer Daryl Lloyd in the warmups. Makes me wonder if the linesmen should be out in warmups like in Jr games.? They were roughing each other all game-maybe a continuation of things from the last game in Wheeling. Wheeling Coach is Jeff Christian (the Cdn one) who is a minor league vet. Assistant coach is Riley Armstrong, another minor league vet, who had a cup of coffee with the Hamilton Bulldogs a few years back

Josiah Didier on his way from Brampton back to the Rock

couple Brampton transactions

: have signed Laurentian U Capt Vincent Liorca (native of France) and released D man MacKenzie Braid and long time goalie Bryan Pitton (A Brampton native who has been with the team almost since its' inception)

Beast just knocked off league leading Manchester 6-5 in o/t. D man Reggie Traccitto is the hero. Team blew a 4-2 lead in the third and came back really late to tie it in the third. Will have to check box score but I think David "Pacman" Pacan just got goals 30 & 31

lost tonight in a shoot out in Adirondack 4-3. Had to score three in the third to send the game to O/T. D'Agostini in goal had a good game. Referee Thomson didn't ('nuff said)

Beast continue hot streak beating Florida Everblades 3-0 this afternoon. Goals: Auger (17), Pacan (32), and Vallorani (25) Shots on goal-42 to 26 for Florida (Fucale had an excellent game). Penalty kill was excellent after referee Pudifant (?) put us in the hole most of the first period

Tuesday-Beast win an 11am (home) school day game over Adirondack 3-0 and jump into the division lead. Jordan Henry, Brandon MacLean and Brandon Marino were the scorers. Last one s/h empty net. Fucale's second straight shutout.

I think I could have talked my way into a ticket but I think I am still deaf from an AHL Bulldogs game a few years ago with over 15,000 kids-man those little girls sound like a jet taking off

david-pacan-2013-234.jpg

Brampton has signed Corey Durocher who was a 4th year player for Carleton University. Seem to like guys from Carleton

Two roster moves today - Alex Ranger was released from his PTO while Guillaume Asselin was signed to a two-way AHL/ECHL contract for the rest of the season and has been sent to Brampton.  Asselin was a late invitee to the rookie tournament back in September.

It was effectively the trade deadline in the AHL today.  St. John's once again did nothing to improve their roster while Toronto added a top line centre for free.  The odds of moving up to 3rd just dropped in a big way.

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

It was effectively the trade deadline in the AHL today.  St. John's once again did nothing to improve their roster while Toronto added a top line centre for free.  The odds of moving up to 3rd just dropped in a big way.

Has a reporter ever taken Bergevin to task over the mishandling of the farm team? I think he has taken some heat over Lefebvre not being fired, but has anyone ever asked him, "How come you do sweet f*ck all for your AHL team?"

6 hours ago, BCHabnut said:

I've been preaching about this for a while. His farm system has produced zero impact players for Montreal in 5 years . That is brutal 

Dosent have much (or anything) to do with how the manage the AHL team, is a drafting and lack of high picks issue.

1 hour ago, DON said:

Dosent have much (or anything) to do with how the manage the AHL team, is a drafting and lack of high picks issue.

Lower picks need development.  Are they getting it from Lefebvre. 

I'm also of the belief that playing in a playoff race, and playing in playoff games is development. 

• dlbalr changed the title to 2016-17 General IceCaps/Beast Discussion Thread
  • dlbalr pinned this topic
  • dlbalr unpinned this topic