2016-17 General IceCaps/Beast Discussion Thread

dlbalr

20 hours ago, DON said:

Give up dlbalr! Maybe next year?

I can't give up on their playoff hopes.  This is the closest they've been in years and I think they may be a worse team on paper next season (at least up front, they can't really be any worse defensively).

signing Yann Danis was a bit of a puzzle for sure. Brampton have signed Brandon Billie who played for Cornwall of the FHL as back up goalie until Zach is back. Brampton leading 4-1 early in the third over Wheeling tonight.

3 minutes ago, miklin said:

signing Yann Danis was a bit of a puzzle for sure. Brampton have signed Brandon Billie who played for Cornwall of the FHL as back up goalie until Zach is back. Brampton leading 4-1 early in the third over Wheeling tonight.

They were expecting Condon to pass through waivers unclaimed (he nearly did too - he would have if Matt Murray wouldn't have been hurt in the World Gimmick Cup).  At that point, they wanted a veteran to work with Lindgren but anyone any good had already been signed by then so pickings were slim.  Danis wasn't half bad earlier this season but seems to be fading down the stretch.

when do you think we might see Fucale back to Brampton?

Beast win 5-2: stars Dagostini 35 saves, Vallorani and Auger (two goals each)

22 hours ago, miklin said:

when do you think we might see Fucale back to Brampton?

Montoya's been skating so he's close to returning.  I can't see Lindgren staying up past the weekend so Fucale should be back soon.

St. John's signed C Niki Petti to an ATO for the rest of the year plus a minor league deal for next season.  He spent the last two years with Hamilton.  It's potentially noteworthy that they signed him and haven't yet inked Bitten to an ATO.

Billingsley (D Brampton) signed an ATO with the Ice Caps

after a bad 4-1 loss Friday, the Beast won 5-4 over Manchester tonight. Playoffs will begin Thursday I believe.

Guest Stogey24

Be nice to see them make the playoffs. 

Seems like Lindgren is turning into the goalie of the future. 

33 minutes ago, JoeLassister said:

If they make it, what will be our Black Aces situation ?

I think it depends on Hab injuries and how much emphasis Bergevin puts on AHL winning.

3 hours ago, JoeLassister said:

Same as in the regular season, you let them continue to play games, and call up if needed.  

The only reason you have Black Aces is so that your potential callups are skating and in shape if you need them 

Its better to have them playing games, than to have them just practicing as aces, but that can only happen if both teams are playing. 

13 minutes ago, JoeLassister said:

Is Sergachev gonna be a Black Ace   until the Mémorial Cup begins ?

I would assume his team is holding practices of their own until then, and I'm sure they'd rather he practice there with the team instead of in Montreal. 

1 hour ago, JoeLassister said:

He was emergency call up and as soon as Benn-Weber are back I think he is bye bye.

somehow it was missed in the jubilation (lol) that the Beast ended up tying Reading for second but Reading won the tie breaker with more wins. Thus the series starts in Reading (two games-13th and 15th) with Brampton having games April 18, 20, & 22, then back to Reading for two more if necessary. It had even been announced at the arena that the first two would be in Brampton this Thurs and Saturday. Oi-Vay

Edited by miklin

9 hours ago, JoeLassister said:

There won't be any as the team is still subject to the four recall rule (they've burned one so far).

4 hours ago, JoeLassister said:

No.  He was sent back about an hour after the game ended on Saturday.  As soon as one of Markov, Weber, or Benn was healthy, he had to go back.  Technically, his season isn't over yet so he's still subject to the regular season limitations on recalling junior players.

Utica lost tonight which puts St. John's in the drivers seat heading into the final two games.  They're three points up on the Comets with no more games in hand.  The first tiebreak - ROW - is tied.  Basically, the magic number is down to two points to clinch.  (They're also one point behind Albany though the Devils have the tiebreak there.)

Remaining Schedules:

ALB: @ RCH, vs RCH

UTI: vs HFD, @ SYR

STJ: vs TOR, vs TOR

Billingsley sent back to Brampton

D'Agostini in goal for Brampton tonight in Reading

• dlbalr changed the title to 2016-17 General IceCaps/Beast Discussion Thread
  • dlbalr pinned this topic
  • dlbalr unpinned this topic