St. John's team awards:

Fans' Choice: Jacob de la Rose

Molson Cup: Charlie Lindgren

Rookie of the Year: Charlie Lindgren

Community Award: David Broll

Top Defenceman: Joel Hanley

MVP: Chris Terry

No gold star for Scherbak, or Hudon eh.

delaRose, I assume fans like his 2 way game and effort?

Lernout and Didier still progressing, but Juulsen & Bourque may fair better next season I would hope anyways.

Sergachev will still be too young for AHL next season wont he?

3 minutes ago, DON said:

Lernout and Didier still progressing, but Juulsen & Bourque may fair better next season I would hope anyways.

Sergachev will still be too young for AHL next season wont he?

I wouldn't expect Didier to be back next year.  Redmond still has another year left, Lernout's signed for two more, and Juulsen will be a top guy down there.  (Plus something tells me they're crazy enough to give Johnston another year.)  That's actually not half-bad on the right side.

Yes, Sergachev is too young for full-time AHL play next season.

Utica wins to keep St. John's from clinching.  Albany lost so the final two spots are up for grabs tomorrow.

Albany 81 points, 35 ROW, hosts Rochester (they've clinched a playoff spot but could still drop to 4th)

St. John's 80 points, 32 ROW, hosts Toronto

Utica 79 points, 33 ROW, at Syracuse

44 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Utica wins to keep St. John's from clinching.  Albany lost so the final two spots are up for grabs tomorrow.

Albany 81 points, 35 ROW, hosts Rochester (they've clinched a playoff spot but could still drop to 4th)

St. John's 80 points, 32 ROW, hosts Toronto

Utica 79 points, 33 ROW, at Syracuse

So if Utica loses, IceCaps are in no matter what?

16 hours ago, Trizzak said:

So if Utica loses, IceCaps are in no matter what?

Correct.  Unfortunately, with the NHL season now done, Vancouver sent some of their players back to Utica so their lineup is a fair bit stronger now.

With Syracuse winning and Toronto losing last night, the IceCaps will take on the Crunch in Round 1.  Syracuse has opted to take the final three games at home so the series will actually open up in St. John's.

Game 1: Fri, Apr. 21 at St. John’s, 6:00 PM
Game 2: Sat, Apr. 22 at St. John’s, 6:00 PM
Game 3: Wed, Apr. 26 at Syracuse, 7:00 PM

Game 4: Fri, Apr. 28 at Syracuse, 7:00 PM*
Game 5: Sat, Apr. 29 at Syracuse, 7:00 PM*

* - if necessary

From a few days ago:

I'm guessing there may be a lingering injury as otherwise this makes little sense.  They've brought in draft picks late in the year before so it's logical to think that if he was healthy, Juulsen would be on his way to St. John's.

On ‎2017‎-‎04‎-‎16 at 7:53 AM, dlbalr said:

With Syracuse winning and Toronto losing last night, the IceCaps will take on the Crunch in Round 1.  Syracuse has opted to take the final three games at home so the series will actually open up in St. John's.

Game 1: Fri, Apr. 21 at St. John’s, 6:00 PM
Game 2: Sat, Apr. 22 at St. John’s, 6:00 PM
Game 3: Wed, Apr. 26 at Syracuse, 7:00 PM

Game 4: Fri, Apr. 28 at Syracuse, 7:00 PM*
Game 5: Sat, Apr. 29 at Syracuse, 7:00 PM*

* - if necessary

5 games series, nice.

Beast win 2-1 tonight to go ahead 2-1 in the series vs Reading

Beast won 2-1 Sat night in double o/t with about 5 minutes to go in the second o/t period. Brandon MacLean scored both goals. Brampton now leads Reading 3 games to 2 with games 6 & 7 in Reading starting Monday. Listen in via the Beast website (Beast radio)

3-1 win (all Beast goals in the third-Pither one, Marino two including an empty netter). Now we wait to see who we face based on the Manchester-Adirondack game Tuesday night

luke-pither-2013-53.jpg

• dlbalr changed the title to 2016-17 General IceCaps/Beast Discussion Thread
  • dlbalr pinned this topic

iBeast now face Manchester Monarchs (LA Farm club) starting April 27 in Brampton 7:15 and then Saturday in Brampton also 7:15. Get to see Anze Kopitar's brother Jesper again for Manchester. Free Parking, Free lineup sheets and mini program are a couple bonuses. Only negative is that I'd advise eating elsewhere pregame (limited expensive menu and only ketchup and mustard for the Dogs/Burgers). Seniors discount available. Box office is open one hr before game time. Platinum seats are wider and more padded that the others

Beast win 3-2 in overtime over Manchester. Zach Fucale 45 saves. Opening goal Brandon MacLean. Goal two and ot winner Connor Crisp. Came from behind twice

Message from the Beast that Fucale got recalled to St. Johns today-uh oh (yet Lindgren is in goal for the Ice Caps tonight in Syracuse per Lindsay Kramer's tweet)

2 hours ago, miklin said:

Message from the Beast that Fucale got recalled to St. Johns today-uh oh (yet Lindgren is in goal for the Ice Caps tonight in Syracuse per Lindsay Kramer's tweet)

Fucale's dressed as the backup so presumably Danis isn't 100%.

2 minutes ago, BlueKross said:

Sly has now won a whopping one game in playoffs in five years, surely MB isn't  going to endorse him still as head coach of the Rockets?

If he couldn't get himself fired when his teams weren't making the playoffs, it's hard to see him getting let go now that they did.  That said, his contract is up so if there was ever a time to make a change...

any idea who replaced Gibson as one of the scouts last year?

10 hours ago, BlueKross said:

I think we got to hold MB feet to the fire. Pretty sure the denizens of Laval are not high on Sly. It would be interesting to hear what the locals are saying.

I'm not sure the fan base is really all that relevant here.  I don't think anyone in the fan base really thought highly of him in Hamilton or St. John's either but he still managed to stick around.

8 hours ago, miklin said:

any idea who replaced Gibson as one of the scouts last year?

Gibson was primarily an Ontario scout, right?  Former TB coach Steve Ludzik's kid (Steve Ludzik Jr.) is in that post now.  (Side note, there are two US amateur scouts that have been hired recently while former Hab goon Reid Simpson is now a pro scout for the team...)

• dlbalr unpinned this topic