Reports: Canadiens Sign KHL Defenceman Jakub Jerabek

Commandant

A couple weeks ago, Alan Walsh said he was coming to the NHL. 

25-year old D, would be signing a 1 year ELC

5 goals, 34 points in 59 KHL games this year. 

Undersized a bit (5'10).  Good skater. Great passer. Good wrister, Decent but not the best slapshot. 

Being reported on RDS who are repeating a report from russian newspaper R-Sport. 

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/canadiens/lnh-les-canadiens-se-seraient-entendus-avec-le-defenseur-tcheque-de-la-khl-jakub-jerabek-1.4481711

Not officially a UFA til May 1st, so we might have to wait a couple days. 

Number 7

26 minutes ago, Commandant said:

5 goals, 34 points in 59 KHL games this year. 

Undersized a bit (5'10).  Good skater. Great passer. Good wrister, Decent but not the best slapshot. 

Being reported on RDS who are repeating a report from russian newspaper R-Sport. 

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/canadiens/lnh-les-canadiens-se-seraient-entendus-avec-le-defenseur-tcheque-de-la-khl-jakub-jerabek-1.4481711

Not officially a UFA til May 1st, so we might have to wait a couple days. 

Number 7

A replacement for Bealieu, from the sound of it...

Is he LD or RD?

Certainly looks like he could fill an NHL spot. On an ELC he won't affect our draft protected players either. Can't be a bad thing really.

could be another interesting offseason 

13 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

A replacement for Bealieu, from the sound of it...

Is he LD or RD?

Left D.

Sounds more like a replacement for Nesterov at this point, but I guess Beaulieu replacement is another option. 

21 minutes ago, Scott462 said:

The fact that MB is already searching the KHL might bode well in regards to some of the other players we might want to get after.

Good point. I really hope we can get one of the premier talents again. Adding a shipachev or Dadonov type would add massively to our offence.

9 hours ago, Commandant said:

He'll be 26 on May 12th which I think would take him out of the entry-level system.  I believe the rule is that anyone 25 or younger as of September 15th of the first year of his contract has to sign an ELC.  Jerabek will be 26 in September so I think he'd fall outside the system.

12 hours ago, dlbalr said:

He'll be 26 on May 12th which I think would take him out of the entry-level system.  I believe the rule is that anyone 25 or younger as of September 15th of the first year of his contract has to sign an ELC.  Jerabek will be 26 in September so I think he'd fall outside the system.

Euros are still elc at 26.

If he was north american he wouldnt be elc.

11 hours ago, DON said:

Was this guy on anyone's radar? If IceCaps sneak into later rounds, would he likely dress for them?

I see you had write up on him and assume no AHL for him this year anyways.

I hope he is better than a Nestorov replacement, although MB loves his #7,8 defenseman

They are assembling the Russian Red Army defense, Markov, Emelin, Sergachev and Now this guy 

1 hour ago, Chris said:

I hope he is better than a Nestorov replacement, although MB loves his #7,8 defenseman

They are assembling the Russian Red Army defense, Markov, Emelin, Sergachev and Now this guy 

He's not Russian. 

13 hours ago, Commandant said:

Euros are still elc at 26.

If he was north american he wouldnt be elc.

Yep, you're right.  My mistake.

12 hours ago, DON said:

I see you had write up on him and assume no AHL for him this year anyways.

He's likely heading for the Worlds so the AHL wouldn't be an option.

2 hours ago, dlbalr said:

Interesting that we beat out 8 other teams. Well looks like it is so long, Goodbye, don't let the door hit your ass on the way out to N8 the great.

31 minutes ago, habs rule said:

Interesting that we beat out 8 other teams. Well looks like it is so long, Goodbye, don't let the door hit your ass on the way out to N8 the great.

No, not 'interesting'; simply f'in incredible given how stupid and clueless Bergy is!

But; even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in a while.

Guest Stogey24
17 minutes ago, DON said:

No, not 'interesting'; simply f'in incredible given how stupid and clueless Bergy is!

28pts tied Petry in less games. Seems to be forgotten by some of his defensive play. 

5 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

28pts tied Petry in less games. Seems to be forgotten by some of his defensive play. 

Not a clue what you are talking about, but Petry must be a cousin of Mr. Hankey all righty!

Guest Stogey24
1 minute ago, DON said:

Not a clue what you are talking about, but Petry must be a cousin of Mr. Hankey all righty!

I meant to quote habs

38 minutes ago, DON said:

so true Don so true. Man sometimes you get it.:clap:

• 6 months later...

Blast from the past bump, I haven't been able to watch any of the games closely lately, how has Jerabek looked? Schlemko returning, will Mete remain with the team, or we hill be returned to junior? It's definitely appearing to be a crowded blue line.