Jump to content

Nathan Beaulieu Dealt to Sabres for 3rd Round Pick


Habsfan84
 Share

Recommended Posts

Beauliau isn't anything special, CJ didn't think much of him

 

I don't see any top 4 minutes in his future, he is a good skater, only Petry can skate as of now.

 

I would have moved him as part of another deal, 

 

they need a few D who can skate now

 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Chris said:

Beauliau isn't anything special, CJ didn't think much of him

 

I don't see any top 4 minutes in his future, he is a good skater, only Petry can skate as of now.

 

I would have moved him as part of another deal, 

 

they need a few D who can skate now

 

 

CJ also didn't think much of Seguin and Hamilton.  we are in an era where coaches that have more offensive puck moving styles win. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Chris said:

and somehow he won a cup, 

 

CJ is a good coach, his style is way different than MT, that's the moves you are seeing

umm, I seem to remember Sequin as part of the cup winning team. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Dalhabs said:

I know it is hockeybuzz but their talking Chucky for Hamonic.....

HORRIBLE move!  But that is about what i would expect from MB.  my god, to have a gm that is about to get fleeced by garth friggin snow!!!

 

So we would move our most gifted offensive player for a guy who had lower points than Beaulieu - who we just moved for a friggin 3rd rounder.  Sound like a classic MB move.  

#MB fired by 2018

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TheDriveFor25 said:

Has to be more than Hamonic coming back.. please

if we are moving galchenyuk to the isles, the only player i'm interested in is tavares.  In that scenario, we'd be giving up more - not getting harmonic.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Apparently the Habs are say Beaulieu had a terrible attitude and it was rubbing off on Galchenyuk. They were not happy about that.

 

I guess being benched for the biggest game of the year showed where Beaulieu sat with the Habs management.

 

At least we got something for him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Scott462 said:

Apparently the Habs are say Beaulieu had a terrible attitude and it was rubbing off on Galchenyuk. They were not happy about that.

 

I guess being benched for the biggest game of the year showed where Beaulieu sat with the Habs management.

 

At least we got something for him.

ok so we keep galch then right?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Scott462 said:

Apparently the Habs are say Beaulieu had a terrible attitude and it was rubbing off on Galchenyuk. They were not happy about that.

 

I guess being benched for the biggest game of the year showed where Beaulieu sat with the Habs management.

 

At least we got something for him.

Soooo we better trade both of them for mid picks and fourthliners with great attitude!!!...!!.

?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, habs rule said:

ok so we keep galch then right?

 

no.  he's already been tainted with a bad attitude so must be moved at all costs.  doesn't have the CHaracter that MB is looking for.  that of course can only be found in career 4th liners and bottom pairing dman that are the types of players that MB was.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, habs rule said:

ok so we keep galch then right?

 

 

It depends.

 

If MB gets the value he is after he might be. But if teams don't give him what he wants I have no doubt MB will hang on to him. Chucky is still an amazing talent and I think the Habs know it which is why from what I can tell they wanted Beaulieu away from Chuck.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

CJ also didn't think much of Seguin and Hamilton.  

Got any examples, that led you to this conclusion?

Chirelli and Neely made those calls on the trades, not the coach.

 

Obviously Bergy didn't want to lose Nate the Great for nothing, so as of now Timmins and Habs have picks 54-58-68-85 to work with next Sat.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, DON said:

Got any examples, that led you to this conclusion?

Chirelli and Neely made those calls on the trades, not the coach.

 

Obviously Bergy didn't want to lose Nate the Great for nothing, so as of now Timmins and Habs have picks 54-58-68-85 to work with next Sat.

 

you mean other than CJ to playing him at centre and not giving him decent ice time???   Same story with Hamilton.  You don't think how Sequin was used and deployed impacted him not scoring as much (one of the comments) that played into the evaluation of both players. Player usage and deployment factors into the elements he was being evaluated on by Chiarelli and his management team.  

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, DON said:

Got any examples, that led you to this conclusion?

Chirelli and Neely made those calls on the trades, not the coach.

 

Obviously Bergy didn't want to lose Nate the Great for nothing, so as of now Timmins and Habs have picks 54-58-68-85 to work with next Sat.

Did you forget #25 or 1st rounders don't count?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, habs rule said:

Did you forget #25 or 1st rounders don't count?

What made the seguin deal so stupid, was that the bruins made almost the same friggin deal and decision with Thornton.  They also were focused on the right friggin "culture' that MB keeps harping on.  

 

When you move an ELITE player based on factors other than skill, talent and ability  you generally lose the deal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, habs rule said:

Did you forget #25 or 1st rounders don't count?

25 is going with Galchenyuk next week at draft for Coyle.

Edited by DON
add name
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is Buffalo's third pick, so it's almost as good as a late 2nd rounder. Unless it is another teams pick, not sure on that one.

 

I was never big on Nate. Not sad to see him go. I don't feel he lived up to his potential. 

 

Also, didn't we have 8 defensemen during the playoffs? There is a glut of bottom pair options for us, which was ultimately the spot Nate earned himself. I think that KHL

pick up has a better chance to be our top 4 filler.  Maybe Phaneof is coming?

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, mineral said:

This is Buffalo's third pick, so it's almost as good as a late 2nd rounder. Unless it is another teams pick, not sure on that one.

 

I was never big on Nate. Not sad to see him go. I don't feel he lived up to his potential. 

 

Also, didn't we have 8 defensemen during the playoffs? There is a glut of bottom pair options for us, which was ultimately the spot Nate earned himself. I think that KHL

pick up has a better chance to be our top 4 filler.  Maybe Phaneof is coming?

 

 

 

please nooooooo

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, mineral said:

This is Buffalo's third pick, so it's almost as good as a late 2nd rounder. Unless it is another teams pick, not sure on that one.

 

I was never big on Nate. Not sad to see him go. I don't feel he lived up to his potential. 

 

Also, didn't we have 8 defensemen during the playoffs? There is a glut of bottom pair options for us, which was ultimately the spot Nate earned himself. I think that KHL

pick up has a better chance to be our top 4 filler.  Maybe Phaneof is coming?

 

 

 

 

That is the reoccurring theme in the MB era.  At what point do we finally accept the issue is with how players are being developed???  The only young player that had success recently was not developed by the Habs (lekhonan).

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...