I NEED HABS NEWS ?

Habsfan1989

After being loaned by Frolunda in Swedish league, Ikonen plays 1st pre-season Finnish league game tomorrow morning. Hopefully he gets lots of icetime this season, is productive and I assume given his summer showcase offense, that he is very likely to play world juniors in Buffalo this X-mas.:clap:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stogey24 said:

Oh boy, guys already rockin' the Alzner avatar 

Sorry...but you can use Nugent-Hopkins in a couple weeks, so don't be too upset.:)

News...let's see - the Habs will officially lose the rights to Colin Sullivan at midnight.  He may have set a new low bar for the complete and utter uselessness of a draft pick.

(To be fair, you didn't say you wanted news of any sort of importance...)

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

News...let's see - the Habs will officially lose the rights to Colin Sullivan at midnight.  He may have set a new low bar for the complete and utter uselessness of a draft pick.

(To be fair, you didn't say you wanted news of any sort of importance...)

Does this mean we are now officially on Butcher watch?

53 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Does this mean we are now officially on Butcher watch?

As of 11:59 PM EST, yes.  (Along with Kerfoot watch, Toninato watch and it sounds like Doyle Somerby may garner some interest as well.)

• Upvote 1

So from 2008-2009-2010 & 2011 drafts combined, Habs will have exactly 1 player left with organization (I assume Didier is gone). :(

(Gotta assume Nattenin basically gone also) 

18 minutes ago, DON said:

So from 2008-2009-2010 & 2011 drafts combined, Habs will have exactly 1 player left with organization (I assume Didier is gone). :(

Didier signed an AHL deal with Carolina.  Nattinen is still Montreal's property for one more year which also coincides with when his deal with JYP ends.  He's basically gone though unless he has an amazing year out there.

41 minutes ago, DON said:

Next comes 2012. Who did we draft 3rd overall in 2012 again? :tigi:

53 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

Next comes 2012. Who did we draft 3rd overall in 2012 again? :tigi:

A Russian kid...who also may not be with organization much longer.:popcorn:

11 hours ago, DON said:

A Russian kid...who also may not be with organization much longer.:popcorn:

The Russian takeover of the United States is not complete..... Milwaukee, Wisconsin is still part of the USA as of now. 

57 minutes ago, Commandant said:

The Russian takeover of the United States is not complete..... Milwaukee, Wisconsin is still part of the USA as of now. 

Does the kid return to friggin Wisconsin every summer, no? But I suppose who would, even Belorussia is more appealing.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, DON said:

Does the kid return to friggin Wisconsin every summer, no? But I suppose who would, even Belorussia is more appealing.

He spends the majority of his offseason in Miami..... with some time visiting family in Belarus, but mostly Miami. 

This ust in.. there are no rumours discussions or plans or even interest in relocating the Montreal Canadiens franchise to Mongolia. We can all relax. Just sayin'.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Toronthab said:

This ust in.. there are no rumours discussions or plans or even interest in relocating the Montreal Canadiens franchise to Mongolia. We can all relax. Just sayin'.

Ulaanbaatar is 7800km from here, but Montreal is 4000km away, so wouldn't be a huge difference for me...and maybe Mongolia has a nice low tax rate, Yaks for everyone, Cheerleaders and could attract some $$ hungry free agents?:spamafote:

13 hours ago, Toronthab said:

Thanks goodness I know I for one was really worried that Markdown Mark had found a cheap arena. As well as an utapped source of 4th liners. Thanks TH

• Upvote 1

Well...apparently Markdown Mark did in fact find a cheaper arena but it had no ice and for some reason he still couldn't float the idea. And in fact there were a few people doing lines in the background too,  some 4 at a time. Something to build on? Inquiring minds.....:(

• Upvote 1

On 8/8/2017 at 7:21 PM, Habsfan1989 said:

I NEED HABS NEWS, I will take anything. Can't stand this quietness :wall: 

Could someone setup a count down clock to puck drop for the exhibition season for the Habs ?  Followed by a count down clock to puck drop for the Habs first game for the upcoming season ?

Thanks in advance. 

GO HABS GO!

A minor Habs-related tidbit: Bobby Farnham, who played a few games with the Habs last year but spent most of the season with St. John's, is going to the Rangers on a PTO deal.

Another minor Habs-related tidbit: 

22 hours ago, Chips said:

Could someone setup a count down clock to puck drop for the exhibition season for the Habs ?  Followed by a count down clock to puck drop for the Habs first game for the upcoming season ?

Thanks in advance. 

GO HABS GO!

Here's the preseason one:

• Upvote 1