Leafs vs Habs Sept 27 2017

DON

• dlbalr changed the title to Leafs vs Habs Sept 27 2017
5 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Galchenyuk-macaron-Shaw??

are they trying really hard to make sure galchenyuk doesn't succeed???

I think it's more about giving McCarron a look with a couple of better linemates to give him a more thorough evaluation more than anything else.

35 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

The quick translation is that he can't play tonight due to some sort of paperwork thing.

It's more  that he can't play tonight because he has an appointment to fix some paperwork issue.

Nice goal by Drouin to open the scoring for the Habs.

A not-so-nice decision by McCarron to pick a fight with Greening.  He's up with better players to showcase your skill and his response to that is to pick a fight on what, his second shift?

2 hours ago, Trizzak said:

I hope the underlying message to those bottom 4 defensemen is "worst player tonight gets cut."

I'll keep sitting on my own island while pumping Streit's tires but based on last year's stats Streit averaged more points per game than Petry, and all our other current defenseman outside of Weber.

I expect him to at least be useful on the power play if given a chance. It does look like Claude agrees with most though and isn't utilizing him very much. I don't like the other three defensemen but I guess there's just as much of an argument for Gelinas on the power play as well.

.... and we score on the power play 

..... and Streit takes a penalty 

...... and Davidson to the box shortly after 

Guest Stogey24
58 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Nice goal by Drouin to open the scoring for the Habs.

A not-so-nice decision by McCarron to pick a fight with Greening.  He's up with better players to showcase your skill and his response to that is to pick a fight on what, his second shift?

Did he win the fight?