2017-18 NHL Thread

dlbalr

Only team I could think of possibly having use for Jagr is the Rangers.

They lost Kreider (and Shattenkirk) for the season and it sounds like they're getting ready to sell off some players, but they don't have much of a prospect pool to call up.

NYR could claim Jagr just to fill a lineup spot, and give him a bit of a better retirement tour than he got in Calgary.

28 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Only team I could think of possibly having use for Jagr is the Rangers.

They lost Kreider (and Shattenkirk) for the season and it sounds like they're getting ready to sell off some players, but they don't have much of a prospect pool to call up.

NYR could claim Jagr just to fill a lineup spot, and give him a bit of a better retirement tour than he got in Calgary.

I'm still pissed at not signing Jagr instead of Briere when MB first got the job.  He would have been the perfect player to mentor Galchenyuk.

MB made five mistakes right out of the gate:

1. Hiring MT
  2. Not hiring Robinson
  3. Not extending Subban long-term as an RFA out of his entry deal
  4. Not signing Jagr
  5. surrounding himself from his childhood croonies - Daigneault, Lefebvre, etc.
  • Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Commandant said:

Jagr is done.  No NHL team will claim him, and he'll go back to Europe. 

As for what is there to lose.  I'd rather let our kids play than have Jagr in that spot down the stretch.  Lets see what Carr can do, what Scherbak brings, etc... 

Agree. The time to sign Jagr was, like, five years ago. He serves zero purpose to our team at this point. What a career, though! If he hadn't gone off to Europe for a spell, he'd have shattered Howe's record of NHL games for sure. Then again, if Howe hadn't spent all those years in the WHA, his record would be insanely untouchable. :blink:

8 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Agree. The time to sign Jagr was, like, five years ago. He serves zero purpose to our team at this point. What a career, though! If he hadn't gone off to Europe for a spell, he'd have shattered Howe's record of NHL games for sure. Then again, if Howe hadn't spent all those years in the WHA, his record would be insanely untouchable. :blink:

Jagr has said he would have retired earlier if he stayed in the league. The time away helped refresh him for a return.

• 2 weeks later...

Interestingly, Brendan Smith (NYR) and Marcus Kruger (CAR) are on waivers. 

We knew NYR was planning on selling, but is this signaling that Carolina is too?

Edit: Obligatory "Kruger former Blackhawk, Bergevin will make a claim" post

On ‎2018‎-‎01‎-‎29 at 4:54 PM, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Jagr has said he would have retired earlier if he stayed in the league. The time away helped refresh him for a return.

From what Gord Miller has reported, Jagr was worst teammate you could have in NHL history.

Miller said this is based on former GMs and teammates of Jagr's he has spoked with,  there are almost endless examples of how much of an idiot and egomaniac he is.

4 hours ago, Trizzak said:

Interestingly, Brendan Smith (NYR) and Marcus Kruger (CAR) are on waivers. 

We knew NYR was planning on selling, but is this signaling that Carolina is too?

Edit: Obligatory "Kruger former Blackhawk, Bergevin will make a claim" post

Not too surprised about Kruger.  1 goal and 5 assists for a guy making almost 3.1 mil this year and next.  Hurricanes just could be trying to manage cap (even though they have plenty of space) or a contract (they're at 49).

1 hour ago, John B said:

Not too surprised about Kruger.  1 goal and 5 assists for a guy making almost 3.1 mil this year and next.  Hurricanes just could be trying to manage cap (even though they have plenty of space) or a contract (they're at 49).

After Carolina's game, their coach came out and said there was no way they could ice that same lineup moving forward and that changes would be coming.  Waiving Kruger (and Josh Jooris) appears to be the start.

30 minutes ago, Habopotamus said:

Subban and Radulov both leading their team's in scoring <_<

Yeah, but we have more leadership and character.what do points matter when compared to leadership and character?

• Upvote 3

Laine just helped to dressing room, leg injury of some sort. Would be a big blow to Jets if he is gonzo, which would be too bad, as I thought I would become a Jet fan for this playoffs.

1 hour ago, DON said:

Laine just helped to dressing room, leg injury of some sort. Would be a big blow to Jets if he is gonzo, which would be too bad, as I thought I would become a Jet fan for this playoffs.

If he's injured, the Jets really need a left wing.

Max Pacioretty for Roslovic + Niku + 1st

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Chris said:

Phaeneuf and thompson to la

gaborik and shore to ottawa

Absolutely terrible for Ottawa.

I get they’re saving a small amount of money, even more if Gaborik retires, but that’s really the best they could do???

2 minutes ago, TheDriveFor25 said:

Absolutely terrible for Ottawa.

I get they’re saving a small amount of money, even more if Gaborik retires, but that’s really the best they could do???

They also traded 2 players with NTC's for 2 players without them, so their options were limited in in what they could get for both, but now have more trade options for the guys they got... I dunno.

I do wonder if Gaborik being out in LA puts them more in the mood for a scoring winger... like Pacioretty.

• dlbalr unpinned this topic