2017-18 Rocket/Beast General Season Thread

dlbalr

Fucale is back up with Laval which, on the surface, makes no sense.  Maybe one of Lindgren/McNiven is sick?

Lernout has been sent down by the Habs although I imagine he'll be recalled following the game.  With Laval at home, Lernout can play tonight to stay in game shape.

some Beast news-Willie Corrin (D) sent from Laval to Brampton -Brampton D man Willie Dornbosch loaned to AHL Belleville -Patrick Spano, goalie and a Montreal native, signed with Brampton-played with Fayetteville and Knoxville of the SPHL this season -Vincent Dunn (F), loaned by AHL Belleville to Brampton (former Binghamton Senator)

• Upvote 1

not a good weekend 2-1 losses for Brampton in Reading and Glens Falls (Adirondack) and a 4-2 loss today at home to Adirondack. Today was a 2-2 tie until late in the game and referee Jason Faist called a late one and sealed Brampton's fate. I realize I'm a homer but non calls were horrible and Marino as Capt got an unsportsman like penalty when questioning non calls. Star D man Jordan Henry who has a plus/minus of 0 is out injured and was acting as an assistant coach behind the bench. Stephan Fournier who is tied with Marino for the team lead in goals is also out. One surprise is that the ageless one, David Ling, is back on the roster and did a beautiful set up on the second Brampton goal. Ling had been playing with Hamilton of the Senior AAA hockey league (Allan Cup hockey) this season

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

Can he stay there for more than a week or two this time?

With the way Hawkey and Primeau are playing in the NCAA... plus Lindgren and McNiven... just cut the cord.

Include him as a throw in to one of our deadline deals and free up a 50-man roster spot.  

I don't even care what we get in return. 

30 minutes ago, Commandant said:

With the way Hawkey and Primeau are playing in the NCAA... plus Lindgren and McNiven... just cut the cord.

Include him as a throw in to one of our deadline deals and free up a 50-man roster spot.  

I don't even care what we get in return. 

They don't really need the 50-man spot that much as they're at what, 44?  That's more than enough room to sign Evans to a 17-18 deal once his NCAA season ends, perhaps another college guy or two, and still have room under the limit for the summer.  They may free up another spot or two if they move a rental player as well.

The problem is, they've been trying to trade him for a while now and haven't had any takers so even as a throw-in, I don't think he'd carry any value at all to another team unless they happen to be depleted in goalie depth at the time.

15 minutes ago, CoRvInA said:

I need to look up why Fucale is ...sooo out of the Habs Plans..... 

Because at least 4 goalies in our system have outplayed him.... Lindgren, McNiven, Hawkey and Primeau are all better prospects. 

9 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

They don't really need the 50-man spot that much as they're at what, 44?  That's more than enough room to sign Evans to a 17-18 deal once his NCAA season ends, perhaps another college guy or two, and still have room under the limit for the summer.  They may free up another spot or two if they move a rental player as well.

The problem is, they've been trying to trade him for a while now and haven't had any takers so even as a throw-in, I don't think he'd carry any value at all to another team unless they happen to be depleted in goalie depth at the time.

I just think it would be better for both parties if he got a new start. 

7 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I just think it would be better for both parties if he got a new start. 

I agree.  I think even management agrees since they've been trying to move him.  Unless they're asking for some form of value in return (and maybe that's what's holding things up), there just doesn't seem to be any interest.  Bergevin's history has been that he will move prospects who have fallen out of favour pretty quickly without asking for much of anything in return though so I have a hard time thinking that he's asking for much here.  I think the fact there hasn't even been a lateral swap of fifth string goalies (I've been expecting a Fucale for Phillipe Desrosiers deal for a while now) says a lot about how far his stock has fallen around the league. 

3 hours ago, Commandant said:

Because at least 4 goalies in our system have outplayed him.... Lindgren, McNiven, Hawkey and Primeau are all better prospects. 

but what happened? why such a decline? its not like all the the other keepers are All stars?

Just now, CoRvInA said:

but what happened? why such a decline? its not like all the the other keepers are All stars?

2 things.

All four of the others are playing like high end prospects. 

Fucale has not.  Goalies are voodoo... no position has more high picks that are busts, and low picks or undrafteds that become stars.  Its the hardest position to evaluate an 18 year old.

Fucale got a 4-1 win in Adirondack last night. Dagostini lost in a shoot out in Reading tonight (Sat). Fucale was the back up. I guess Spano had gone back to the SPHL without playing a game

Brampton won 5-2 in Reading Sunday. Fucale sent back to Laval 1-22 (do I smell a trade?). Not sure what Brampton is doing for a second goalie-perhaps Spano is on the way back. ???

If they were doing a trade, they'd have done the trade already; they wouldn't have needed to recall him first.  It seems like they don't want to actually have Fucale stay long-term down there but are okay sending him down for a couple of games to stay in shape.  This, of course, makes no sense as it means they're okay with a three-goalie system which is beyond stupid.

41 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

If they were doing a trade, they'd have done the trade already; they wouldn't have needed to recall him first.  It seems like they don't want to actually have Fucale stay long-term down there but are okay sending him down for a couple of games to stay in shape.  This, of course, makes no sense as it means they're okay with a three-goalie system which is beyond stupid.

I feel like we can blame Lefebvre on this.

I know this is more a management decision than a coaching one, but if we try really hard...

a bit of Brampton news-they have a game at home tonight-broadcast available via the team website. Willie Corrin signed an SPC with Belleville Senators (on loan according to  ECHL transactions). Brampton have signed goalie Carmine Guerriero, a Montreal native, University of Alabama grad, who was currently playing in the SPHL.  D man Jamie Doornbosch loaned to AHL Belleville.

D'agostini pulled after Quad City has taken a 3-1 lead. Guerriero in. Surprise move by coach Colin Chaulk

Just now, alfredoh2009 said:

DeLarose and Paajarvi would look good in Laval :) 

Two underachieving sweedish "reclamation"  projects 

De la Rose is only on the team cause the Habs were afraid to put him on waivers earlier this year. 

What makes you think he clears now?

He has chocked at the NHL level.

with 3 players about to come back from IR, someone has to be waived.

Froese has done as well as DLR, and is a righty with a profile more suitable for a 4th line

• dlbalr unpinned this topic