2017-18 Rocket/Beast General Season Thread

dlbalr

1 minute ago, dlbalr said:

His PTO just got voided (ineligible to sign one having started the season in Sweden) so he should be back fairly soon.  Someone else should be signing a PTO soon, however.

wonder if the loan by the Marlies of Jeff King to the Beast is moot also???

5 hours ago, miklin said:

David Vallorani of the Beast has signed a PTO with Laval. Not sure if we'll see a full compliment of players at the Beast game tonight. AHL Marlies have loaned Jeff King (D) to Brampton

Brampton is only dressing 15 skaters - Stefan Fournier is one of them although I wouldn't be shocked if he's the next one to take a PTO with Laval.  He at least would have some familiarity with the coaches having been a part of Montreal's system previously.

Vallorani was not dressed in Brampton and his name and number were deleted from the Roster sheet. Tyson Wilson finally played a game and Alex Henry was back after a long stint on the IR list. Brampton lost 4-2 to Kalamazoo (Vancouver farm club) and Fournier did score a highlight reel goal. King from the Marlies did play. David Ling did not play. Could not take advantage on the power play. Good game-although my usual 35 minute drive from Burlington turned into two hrs because of the weather

Vallorani returned per ECHL transactions. Blain to Laval means no hope the season can be rescued

wonder if David Ling has been cut. Vallorani wearing his number tonight. Worcester ahead 3-0 at the end of one and D'Agostini has been pulled from goal

comeback almost happened. Beast lost 5-3 in Worcester. Appeared they had tied it but 4th goal was ruled goaltender interference and they were penalized (which doesn't happen much with goaltender interference)/ 5 th Railers goal was e/n.

Belleville AHL goalie Chris Driedger reassigned by Ottawa from Belleville to Brampton

Brampton won tonight 3-1 over Toledo with Chris Driedger in goal. Back up goalie Carmine Guerriero has been released from his SPC and replaced by Daniel Spence who I know little about other than former OHL Sarnia Sting and played for 3 different ECHL teams in 2014-15

Fucale sent from Laval to Brampton

Beast won 5-1 in Adirondack tonight. Driedger in goal. Lost his shut out with twenty seconds to go

Beast win 6-4 tonight in Reading with Fucale in goal (Fournier scored a pair). Next game Monday at home 2pm

Beast lost 3-1 at home today (Monday afternoon) before a holiday crowd. Had tied it 1-1 and then immediately gave up the go ahead goal. Third Adirondack goal was e/n. Chris Driedger was the losing goalie. Beast had problems with penalities and non calls by referee Stephen Thomson who in a recent Beast vs Toledo game awarded Toledo 8 power plays and the Beast none. I think they really miss Luc Olivier Blain on the faceoffs. The few power plays they had saw them unable to keep the puck in the Adirondack end. And I wonder why the ass't coach has never been replaced---maybe time for David LIng to think about coaching???? ps-Adirondack was announced as the ECHL affiliate of the New Jersey Devils. They previously had been affiliated with Calgary and still wear Calgary type jerseys. Anyone know when the affiliation was changed.? Calgary previously also had Kansas City as an echl affiliate.

Dreidger sent back to AHL Belleville today plus Fucale and Petgrave sent to Laval today also. I guess D'agostini has gone from 3rd string to # 1 in a short time. Interesting to see who will be signed as backup for the upcoming trip to SC and Fla.

more goalie news in Brampton-they have claimed goalie Will King off wavers from Wheeling. Have signed goalie Daniel Spence (again) to an SPC. Guess that means they don't expect Dreidger or Fucale back anytime soon

Brampton have signed F Will Vasquez to an SPC. Played for the Carolina Thunderbirds of the FHL. D Willie Corrin on his way from Brampton to Laval again

Beast seem to be mailing in the balance of the season. Lost Friday 1-0 in SC and 5-1 tonight in SC. Recent waver pick King played goal both nights. SPC signee Spence was the back up. Hard to find out what has happened to Dagostini since they publish no IR list. Now they are on the bus to Jacksonville Florida. Team only seemed to do well with a top goalie like Dreidger, Fucale or Hogberg. I don't think I have to worry about playoff tickets

just found out also that Belleville AHL player Vincent Dunn (Ottawa Prospect) who has played quite a few games in Brampton has been traded to Pittsburg as part of a three team trade involving Ottawa, Vegas and Pittsburgh

appears Dunn has been loaned back to Brampton by his new owners if the ECHL transactions are correct. And is playing today for Brampton in Jacksonville-have a feeling he travelled with the team the last few days and may have never left even through his trade to Pittsburgh

lost 4-3 in o/t in Jacksonville this afternoon with Spence in goal. Had the lead and lost it with less than a minute to go in regulation. One point in three games---jeeze

ECHL transactions say Corrin to Laval  from Brampton (thought he was already there). Vasquez released.

5 hours ago, miklin said:

ECHL transactions say Corrin to Laval  from Brampton (thought he was already there). Vasquez released.

The AHL transactions have him signing on the 22nd so I'm guessing the ECHL report is just behind.

Worth keeping an eye on is the AHL transactions page to see if Juulsen or Lindgren were 'papered' down.  If not, that's the end of Fucale going back and forth to Brampton for the rest of the season and if Juulsen is up for good, Petgrave is likely staying in Laval for a while as well.

21 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

The AHL transactions have him signing on the 22nd so I'm guessing the ECHL report is just behind.

Worth keeping an eye on is the AHL transactions page to see if Juulsen or Lindgren were 'papered' down.  If not, that's the end of Fucale going back and forth to Brampton for the rest of the season and if Juulsen is up for good, Petgrave is likely staying in Laval for a while as well.

Is Lindgren still with the Habs on emergency recall? does he need to be papered down if he's on emergency recall?

• dlbalr unpinned this topic