Oct. 7, Habs vs Capitals, 7 PM

dlbalr

5 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

Danault and Galchenyuk have as much chemistry as Therrien and Subban

That's pretty good. 

Oh well. It's not like I need overpaid sports nuts on skates to have a good time.. :huh:

16 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

Danault and Galchenyuk have as much chemistry as Therrien and Subban

I don't think Danault has chemistry with anyone. Truly how I feel. I thought he had an alright game today all things considered though. 

41 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

Really like to see Hudon and Galcheyuk together. Danault and Shaw do nothing for Chucky. 

I see no reason to break up Hudon's current line who was arguably their best in this one.  I also see no reason to promote Galchenyuk who has been next to useless so far either.

Guest Stogey24
8 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

I see no reason to break up Hudon's current line who was arguably their best in this one.  I also see no reason to promote Galchenyuk who has been next to useless so far either.

They've been fine yes, but you have a 30 goal scorer playing with 2 guys who don't inspire anything remotely close to creativity 

Guggersmmufflecripper!

Embarrassing..

Reminds me of the time I.... never mind.. it doesn't matter... no charges.. faggeddaboudit...:mellow:

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

They've been fine yes, but you have a 30 goal scorer playing with 2 guys who don't inspire anything remotely close to creativity

Shouldn't it be incumbent on Galchenyuk to at least show something on his own every now and then?  I don't think Danault or Shaw have been anywhere near as invisible as he has been so far.  He has enough talent that he shouldn't be taken completely out of games regardless of who he's playing with.

Guest Stogey24
16 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Shouldn't it be incumbent on Galchenyuk to at least show something on his own every now and then?  I don't think Danault or Shaw have been anywhere near as invisible as he has been so far.  He has enough talent that he shouldn't be taken completely out of games regardless of who he's playing with.

Put him on a line that gives him more of an opportunity to control play. Not chase pucks down on a dump in. He needs guys who Set up in the zone 

He's never going to be that grinding player, thats just how it is. Julien needs to understand that and put one of his most talented players in a position to succeed. 

Galchenyuk has had plenty of time on the power play and done nothing with it. Over 4 minutes with Drouin and Pacioretty today.

Well, to begin, obviously a terrible game all around, some guys really stunk it up tonight. Streit, Benn, and Petry looked like ECHL players at times tonight. And when half your Defense looks that bad, and the other team is firing on all cylinders, you are in for one rough night. Although he is not responsible for the loss, Price did not look like he was in his grove tonight at all.

Also noted some poor choices from the bench, Breaking up the Mete - Weber duo just resulted in both players being forced to play handicapped by partners who were literally shitting the bed nearly every shift. Leaving the lines intact even though nothing was happening was also mind boggling, the defense needed to be re arranged after about 4 min, and the offense needed a jump start with a few swaps. 

Bright spots tonight were far and few in between, but really liked Gallagher's game, and really enjoyed Weber's choke slam on Eller, and.....nope thats it.

Guest Stogey24
3 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

Galchenyuk has had plenty of time on the power play and done nothing with it. Over 4 minutes with Drouin and Pacioretty today.

I said it in pre season. They have him setup in the slot. He would literally go the entire power play without a touching the puck. 

Who was Galchenyuk playing with when he scored 30 goals. Who was he playing with when he was top 10 in scoring to start last season?

Put the kid where he's meant to be. 

8 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

I said it in pre season. They have him setup in the slot. He would literally go the entire power play without a touching the puck. 

Who was Galchenyuk playing with when he scored 30 goals. Who was he playing with when he was top 10 in scoring to start last season?

Put the kid where he's meant to be. 

At center? :)

20 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

Put him on a line that gives him more of an opportunity to control play. Not chase pucks down on a dump in. He needs guys who Set up in the zone 

He's never going to be that grinding player, thats just how it is. Julien needs to understand that and put one of his most talented players in a position to succeed. 

We can make excuses like these for the kid all we want, heck even I am tempted to fall into the same category about it as you. But when I take a moment and really think about what I watched today, I still saw Danault and Shaw being more in the game, trying to get things done than I did Galchenyuk. He was also the least visible of the 5 on the PP all night, how do I notice Hemsky more than Galchenyuk out there? When I put all this together, I quickly realize Galchenyuk is in a funk, he is not doing much to get out of it, and "penalizing" other players just to attempt to get him going, and I say attempt because even that is no guarantee, it really doesn't make any sense. What do you do tell Gallagher to bounce so Galchenyuk can get his game going? You tell Hudon to get off the Plekanec line so Galchenyuk can get in there? None of that seems fair or right, for a guy who has by his own accord, looked fairly invisible for 2 games. 

Can't blame your line mates for not being good enough if they are more noticeable than you nearly every shift, can't replace a player on another line who is playing better than you. He has to dust off the cobwebs and looks menacing and noticeable on his own for a game or 2 to at least earn an opportunity to move up the line up. Because right now the only swap I see coming is a swap with Byron if he continues this way,.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Link67 said:

We can make excuses like these for the kid all we want, heck even I am tempted to fall into the same category about it as you. But when I take a moment and really think about what I watched today, I still saw Danault and Shaw being more in the game, trying to get things done than I did Galchenyuk. He was also the least visible of the 5 on the PP all night, how do I notice Hemsky more than Galchenyuk out there? When I put all this together, I quickly realize Galchenyuk is in a funk, he is not doing much to get out of it, and "penalizing" other players just to attempt to get him going, and I say attempt because even that is no guarantee, it really doesn't make any sense. What do you do tell Gallagher to bounce so Galchenyuk can get his game going? You tell Hudon to get off the Plekanec line so Galchenyuk can get in there? None of that seems fair or right, for a guy who has by his own accord, looked fairly invisible for 2 games. 

Can't blame your line mates for not being good enough if they are more noticeable than you nearly every shift, can't replace a player on another line who is playing better than you. He has to dust off the cobwebs and looks menacing and noticeable on his own for a game or 2 to at least earn an opportunity to move up the line up. Because right now the only swap I see coming is a swap with Byron if he continues this way,.

Good points... er... yours I mean.. not Galchenyuk's...

Last game .. he scored , but a bunch of times he just coughed up or lost the puck. He does indeed seem disinterested.. which is fine.. but why on the Canadiens team? It would be nice to know what might get him involved. 

Guest Stogey24

Category I've fell into? 

It doesn't make any sense to put a 30 goal scorer in a position to succeed?Gallagher doesn't need to have a supporting cast, Galchenyuk clearly does. 

You've noticed Shaw and Danult more because they love the dump and chase and the scramble plays out front. That's the role of that line. 

This team doesn't have the luxury of allowing Galchenyuk to dig himself out of a funk. 

If you want a 60-70 point season out of this kid, it's going to come from playing with quality players. If you want to teach this kid a lesson, but only get 40 points, well then keep him where he's at.

2 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

Category I've fallen into? 

It doesn't make any sense to put a 30 goal scorer in a position to succeed?Gallagher doesn't need to have a supporting cast, Galchenyuk clearly does. 

You've noticed Shaw and Danult more because they love the dump and chase and the scramble plays out front. That's the role of that line. 

This team doesn't have the luxury of allowing Galchenyuk to dig himself out of a funk. 

If you want a 60-70 point season out of this kid, it's going to come from playing with quality players. If you want to teach this kid a lesson, but only get 40 points, well then keep him where he's at.

I agree 100%..this team is in deep shit scoringwise: put him with Drouin and Pacioretty for the next few games.  We have to try it, because if he's useless we don't make the playoffs...we're that low on skilled forwards.

6 hours ago, sbhatt said:

Where are the clowns on this board who were spewing rose coloured glasses type BS about the quality of our blueliners now?

Their busy crunching the corsi numbers of the much improved D.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Here's a thought...can this team make the playoffs without its annual hot start? I guess we're going to find out.

Streit seems to be getting a lot of minutes.

which is not a good thing - since he should never have been signed. But hey he was cheaper than Markov.

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Galchenyuk is as good as gone. We'll be selling him low and crossing our fingers he never fulfills his potential.

he'll fulfill his potential as soon as he is out of here and playing for a staff that appreciates him and puts him in a position to succeed.

2 hours ago, sbhatt said:

I agree 100%..this team is in deep shit scoringwise: put him with Drouin and Pacioretty for the next few games.  We have to try it, because if he's useless we don't make the playoffs...we're that low on skilled forwards.

Gallagher has been fine on the first line. You guys can argue all you want about Galchenyuk playing on the first line but whether we agree or not, the Habs have already stated that they want a hard nosed puck retriever on the top line with Pacioretty and Drouin. Gallagher fits that bill and Galchenyuk does not. 

• Upvote 1

I'm a bit of a mixed bag on the issue because Galchenyuk being placed on the fourth line in the playoffs last season was my first strike with Claude Julien. On the other hand, Galchenyuk has not deserved anything more than he's received so far this season. I still believe that he'll score some goals for us but he has yet to play well and that's on him more than the coaching staff so far this season. 

5 hours ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

I'm a bit of a mixed bag on the issue because Galchenyuk being placed on the fourth line in the playoffs last season was my first strike with Claude Julien. On the other hand, Galchenyuk has not deserved anything more than he's received so far this season. I still believe that he'll score some goals for us but he has yet to play well and that's on him more than the coaching staff so far this season. 

I suspect that Galy has either lost confidence completely, or - more likely - checked out mentally on the Habs. I'm guessing he was dismayed to find Julien taking exactly the same tack as Therrien (or, if anything, being even more strident, bumping him to the fourth line, etc.). He may well need to be traded before he either finally accepts the need to add defensive awareness to his game, or else finds a coach and organization who accept his limitations and embrace his strengths.