Nov. 7, Golden Knights vs Habs, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

A pretty solid effort from les boys so far. I'm looking up expresso machines on Amazon. That's how relaxed I am about this one. Seems like a different team out there . Solid game against Chicago. Now.. about that expresso machine...  

Fun game day thread opener..

4 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

He can't even make a pass. Pretty sure dump and chase are his two middle names 

Actually I met a nice young woman the other day who assured me he could make a pass. However she dumped him after chasing him out of the park. 

Guest Stogey24
8 minutes ago, Commandant said:

He wasn't brought in for his offence. 

There is still value to a defenceman who is a shot suppressor. 

Whether he is a consistent shot suppressor, that is debatable.  But tonight, the Habs are giving up very little in terms of shots/chances.  Tonight, he's done his job. The whole team has with the exception of one poor play by Petry (which he later made up for).

23 million for a guy who struggles to make an outlet pass and may "suppress shots" is a waste of money. 

Anyways, team's played well tonight. I Shouldn't be complaining 

4 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

23 million for a guy who struggles to make an outlet pass and may "suppress shots" is a waste of money. 

Anyways, team's played well tonight. I Shouldn't be complaining 

It might be a debate for another time, but this game and this game alone, I can't complain about him.

Guest Stogey24
3 minutes ago, Commandant said:

It might be a debate for another time, but this game and this game alone, I can't complain about him.

Mccarron may be a long debate that i've lost. He had a decent shift there, but man oh man 

2 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I'd be looking at calling up Holland or Carr. 

Bringing up Holland would fix the veteran limit issue (though keeping Gelinas where he belongs - the press box - would also work) but I think Carr's the better fit right now, especially with them focusing on using their speed and getting to the net.  Carr has his weaknesses but hustling and getting to the net are among his strengths.

7 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

Its too bad about Scherbak, he sort of looked like he might be turning a corner 

He'll get another chance at least (he may need to go back to Laval to get back into playing shape once cleared to return) but hopefully, he'll be able to pick up where he left off.

Watching things unfold with Mete playing less and Drouin really shined a light on our lack of depth.  Hopefully Drouin was just a bruising/swelling situation, and Schlemko will be ready to play soon.

14 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I don't think Mete or Morrow played much (if at all) in the third. 

Mete may be hitting the wall.  He might be in the press box for a game soon. 

I was thinking the same thing about Mete.  Playing alongside Shea Weber has meant playing a lot of minutes, and that has to be catching up to him.

Guest Stogey24
10 hours ago, sbhatt said:

I was thinking the same thing about Mete.  Playing alongside Shea Weber has meant playing a lot of minutes, and that has to be catching up to him.

Mete made some good plays last night, but the league was bound to catch up at some point