November 14th: Cannons @ Habs

Commandant

39 minutes ago, Commandant said:

They are the same team they were.  Good enough to get to the dance, not good enough to win it all. 

I agree, with the caveat that the defensive corps seems worse, at least to the "eye test."

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I agree, with the caveat that the defensive corps seems worse, at least to the "eye test."

Schlemko hasn't played a game with us yet but the defense was always going to be worse.

Despite the hate some of them receive, Markov, Beaulieu and Emelin all brought something to the table in their varying degrees. I know he doesn't turnover the puck as much but I'd argue that Emelin's overpayment is similar to Alzner's. Emelin brought a little more physicality.

We don't miss Beaulieu too much, other than the reality that Jordie Benn is either his or Emelin's substitute for the time being.

I don't agree we're as good as last year but I enjoyed the type of game Radulov brought. I also believe Markov would have been serviceable for another year. Regardless of that, what he brought to the team even last year, outweighs anything anyone (it would have to be Alzner) has brought to the table on the back end this year.

3 hours ago, BCHabnut said:

I like it as well. I just think it should be worth 1 point.  Not 2. It is not a team win.

It is worth one point.

you get one point each for a tie in regulation. 

You get one extra point for winning in OT or shootout. 

2 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Sure

and upfront they are better as Gallagher is back to his previous form and not hurt, hudon is an upgrade on the slugs we got at the trade deadline last year,  drouin and radulov is a wash, but at least gives us a number 1 centre which is more valuable than the winger.  Danault has another year on him. etc..

With PK back there I thought that anything was possible. A romantic notion I know.. and Markov... sigh...

That"s not to knock Weber by the way..

• Upvote 1