Nov. 22, Habs vs Predators, 8 PM

dlbalr

Just now, dlbalr said:

Froese in for Mitchell.  I'm surprised de la Rose hasn't sat for a game lately as he has been rather quiet lately.

Rose had one nice rush last game at least.

5 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

By "lately" do you mean "his entire career"?

He had some decent moments at the beginning of the year where he was playing with speed and not being completely invisible but that hasn't been the case over the past few weeks.

I was hoping Julien had learned a lesson from yesterday that Petry can't QB the top power play unit.   He's not enough of a shooting threat and the puck seems to stop on his stick.  The way Morrow is shooting right now, I'd be inclined to try him in that spot.

Man I got to say, our D looks like an unstable mess without Weber's presence.

Everyone looks like they are in over their heads and overextended on their capabilities, bit of an eye opener really, I mean I had a feeling this D would look like a mess without him, but man do they look like a mess without him.

8 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Anyone else not thrilled with how much running around Subban's doing tonight?  He looks completely disinterested in playing and instead is just head-hunting and hacking. 

No, don't really care neither. I saw him and Gallagher going at it, but pretty normal for the showboat guy he is..

• Upvote 1

Guest Stogey24
8 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Anyone else not thrilled with how much running around Subban's doing tonight?  He looks completely disinterested in playing and instead is just head-hunting and hacking. 

1 minute ago, Link67 said:

Man I got to say, our D looks like an unstable mess without Weber's presence.

Everyone looks like they are in over their heads and overextended on their capabilities, bit of an eye opener really, I mean I had a feeling this D would look like a mess without him, but man do they look like a mess without him.

As I said earlier.... Petry is ideally a 3, we are asking him to be a 2 and that is already causing issues.  Take out the #1 and ask him to be a #1 and its trouble. 

Now Alzner who is a 4/5 is asked to be a 2.  Benn who should be a 5/6, is asked to be a 3.  ETC......  Everyone is being asked to do more than they can. 

3 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

It's the first time he did something useful for Nashville all game.  Too bad Niemi decided to slide about a mile out of position on his pass.

Gonna have to disagree, I think he's been standard PK playing energetic hockey for his team.

But I'm a Subban stan ... he could shit on my head and I'd thank him for the hat.

• Upvote 1

Guest Stogey24
12 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Gonna have to disagree, I think he's been standard PK playing energetic hockey for his team.

But I'm a Subban stan ... he could shit on my head and I'd thank him for the hat.

Bahah

Drouin being selfish?

If anything he's a guy who isn't selfish enough on the ice.  He passes a bit too much and needs to shoot more.  Yes thats a bad penalty, but claiming he's been a selfish player on the ice in his career? I don't know what you've watched. 

43 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

It's the first time he did something useful for Nashville all game.  Too bad Niemi decided to slide about a mile out of position on his pass.

I agree that PK hadn't had any highlight moments until that play.  But still...that play!  When was the last time you saw a Canadiens d-man rush the puck and create a goal like that?  That's the kind of hockey I want to watch, not a bunch of plumbers that can't rush, can't make perfect first passes to clear the zone and spring odd man rushes, ect.

3 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Drouin being selfish?

If anything he's a guy who isn't selfish enough on the ice.  He passes a bit too much and needs to shoot more.  Yes thats a bad penalty, but claiming he's been a selfish player in his career?  LOL

Definitely the case.  He is unselfish to the point it is a detriment...his recent insistence on trying to force passes through the skates of defending players has to stop.  Skate with it, or throw it on net more kid...please.

It hasn't been pretty from Niemi but he has got the job done so far.

I've been impressed with Nashville's willingness to attack with speed and the pace of their game in general.  Montreal needs to take note of that - they've played like that at times this season and good things have happened. 

12 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

I agree that PK hadn't had any highlight moments until that play.  But still...that play!  When was the last time you saw a Canadiens d-man rush the puck and create a goal like that?  That's the kind of hockey I want to watch, not a bunch of plumbers that can't rush, can't make perfect first passes to clear the zone and spring odd man rushes, ect.

That play was the good.  The bad was stepping up on the forward for a hit,  leading to everyone being out of position and benn scoring