Sabres vs Habs 7: 00 Nov 25 2017

DON

https://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/buf-vs-mtl/2017/11/25/2017020349#game=2017020349,game_state=preview

Looks like a cellar battle between the 30th vs 27th placed teams. But, who knows...it may be entertaining.

What version of Price will be between the pipes in 1st game back?

Looks like Eichel & Kane are the key forwards to be shut down. But, dosent look like Weber will playing, so Price will be tested for sure.

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Habs are 7 points out of the wild-card spot...considering how many teams have to be leapfrogged, those are seriously long odds of making the dance.

When we look at things with a month or two left in the season, I'm worried about how many teams to leapfrog. 

With 5 months to play.... its still all in the team's hands.  If they play how they've played. they won't make it. 

if they go on a run and get to 95 points... those teams are likely to be leapfrogged. 

Habs are 7 points out of the wild-card spot...considering how many teams have to be leapfrogged, those are seriously long odds of making the dance.

Only 5 pts behind Bruins though.

21 minutes ago, Commandant said:

When we look at things with a month or two left in the season, I'm worried about how many teams to leapfrog. 

With 5 months to play.... its still all in the team's hands.  If they play how they've played. they won't make it. 

if they go on a run and get to 95 points... those teams are likely to be leapfrogged. 

In terms of catching teams, it has to be taken as seriously questionable whether we can outperform BOTH Ottawa AND Boston over the remaining span. Boston I can see. Ottawa is another story. Put the two together, it seems a stretch. Nothing in the first 23 games gives us the slightest reason for optimism about that. I know, Commandant, that you point to some of the Habs' underlying numbers, especially SOG, being better than their scoreboard results. And I certainly don't rule out win streaks over the course of the season, we'll get them, as every team will. But I just feel this lineup has too many holes, can't score, shitty D, etc.. So unless Price reverts to 2015 form, pessimism seems the rational response.

unless Price reverts to 2015 form, pessimism seems the rational response.

This is my take as well; if this team is to sneak back into the playoff picture, it will have to be via Carey Price stealing many games that they don't deserve to win.  We have seen Price do this an awful lot over the past few years, so while I have my doubts, I wouldn't actually bet money against it either.

5 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

In terms of catching teams, it has to be taken as seriously questionable whether we can outperform BOTH Ottawa AND Boston over the remaining span. Boston I can see. Ottawa is another story. Put the two together, it seems a stretch. Nothing in the first 23 games gives us the slightest reason for optimism about that. I know, Commandant, that you point to some of the Habs' underlying numbers, especially SOG, being better than their scoreboard results. And I certainly don't rule out win streaks over the course of the season, we'll get them, as every team will. But I just feel this lineup has too many holes, can't score, shitty D, etc.. So unless Price reverts to 2015 form, pessimism seems the rational response.

Hmm.. I sure like how you save me all that time writing posts... :D

11 minutes ago, jrhabs said:

Let's just hope they don't lose 4-0 and price pulled for whatever reason, then we should expect a press conference on Monday.

A press conference to announce what exactly? That there is no help to be found, that none of the other teams are throwing out life lines in the water? We are firing Bergevin and Julien together with 5 years each left on their current deals?

Have to put things in perspective first, the team is currently playing poorly, it may have played poorly for too long to matter now but maybe not, the bottom line is there is no magical announcement, be it a firing or a desperate trade that is going to fix this overnight. The only thing that should be happening if this derailing continues, is a massive scale, organizational meeting, where a decision is made about how to proceed with this team. Do we make moves in an effort to bolster it, do we make moves in an effort to re-tool it with hopes of coming back stronger in a couple years, or do we make moves in an effort to rebuild it, and come back in 4 to 5 years with a team able to compete with higher hopes.

those are really the only options left besides hoping this team goes on a  7 - 1 - 2 run during its next 10 games

23 minutes ago, TheDriveFor25 said:

Chucky has to shoot there.. best chance so far and it's passed through a defenseman

Desharnais musta taught him that one.

Guest Stogey24
3 minutes ago, Link67 said:

Good lord this 4th line is utterly useless, out for a skate, a hit or 2 then dump it and repeat next time.

They're a joke. You'd think three players who haven't secured a position in the line up would be wrecking balls out there 

Drouin needs to go back to wing. Just free him up for a bit